Evening wear- help!

Mika Freaka =)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmm...

What length do you want? A long dress can look nice, but you probably won't get as much wear out of it as you would with a knee length one (says the girl who has only wore her year 10 and year 12 dresses once)...

the style of a dress is a big thing too... sooo... straps or strapless?

V neck, round neck, straight across?

Here's a few possibles...

adsan_1192914888.jpg

5ofbestprom.jpg

fairytale.jpg

m_120222-prom-dresses.jpg

Ooooh... I like this one! *points down*

1520frontimage-B.jpg

abs-aubergine-sateen-pleated-prom-dress.jpg

H43459_110_S.jpg

I hope I was of some help!

Uhm... i think long looks more elegant, and uhm... regarding the other specifications like colour, neckline etc- thats part of what i need designs for.

I need straps- i cant wear a boob tube thing, doesnt work for me.

I actually really like the pink example you gave me!!

But im kinda dark of complexion- like tan, and i need colour ideas too...I am so hopeless!

Thank you so much!

Hmmmmmm...

What length do you want? A long dress can look nice, but you probably won't get as much wear out of it as you would with a knee length one (says the girl who has only wore her year 10 and year 12 dresses once)...

the style of a dress is a big thing too... sooo... straps or strapless?

V neck, round neck, straight across?

Here's a few possibles...

Ooooh... I like this one! *points down*

1520frontimage-B.jpg

I hope I was of some help!

Oh, I love this thread! :punk:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! That one is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!

Mika F: I think that one of the essential things here is your shape. Different shapes of bodies require different shapes of dress...So for example, are you straight hipped, or do you have wide hips, do you have long or short legs, long or short torso, nipped waist or straighter waist....All those things, if taken into account, can be invaluable when you pick the shape of the dress so that it fits you like a glove and it highlights your best assets.

Re colours, if you're dark: girl, you have the luxury of pulling off all the lovely bright shades!! Red, hot pink, yellow, turquoise, etc... I would advise you to go for something vibrant, because most people end up in black so you would definitely stand out.

I'd love to know what dress you eventually go for when you decide!! Post pics of you in it :thumb_yello:

I have a few examples

My prom dress ^^ don't pay attention to my shoes, I couldn't stand those high-heels any longer :naughty:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=250830437&albumID=925255&imageID=9993423

you can't see it there, but the front it was shorter than the back, so it had like a little tail like wedding dresses

oh here is a better pic of it

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=250830437&albumID=925255&imageID=9993048#a=925255&i=9993048

And these are my schoolmates dresses ^^

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=250830437&albumID=925255&imageID=10033352#a=925255&i=10033353

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=250830437&albumID=925255&imageID=10033352#a=925255&i=10033355

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=250830437&albumID=925255&imageID=10033352#a=925255&i=10033362

I'm not sure if it is what you're looking for...but hope you like them ^^

you looked too cute!! and your dress is really beautiful!

Oh, I love this thread! :punk:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! That one is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!

Mika F: I think that one of the essential things here is your shape. Different shapes of bodies require different shapes of dress...So for example, are you straight hipped, or do you have wide hips, do you have long or short legs, long or short torso, nipped waist or straighter waist....All those things, if taken into account, can be invaluable when you pick the shape of the dress so that it fits you like a glove and it highlights your best assets.

Re colours, if you're dark: girl, you have the luxury of pulling off all the lovely bright shades!! Red, hot pink, yellow, turquoise, etc... I would advise you to go for something vibrant, because most people end up in black so you would definitely stand out.

I'd love to know what dress you eventually go for when you decide!! Post pics of you in it :thumb_yello:

hahaha yeah you are right,

Here goes:

short, darkish, long black hair, dark eyes, not skinny, but not fat...

I will post a pic:wink2:

BTW thank you all!!!

hahaha yeah you are right,

Here goes:

short, darkish, long black hair, dark eyes, not skinny, but not fat...

I will post a pic:wink2:

BTW thank you all!!!

See, the 'not skinny- not fat' doesn't help :roftl:.

You need to say what your shape is: apple or pear? Ie, are your hips narrow and there is not a lot of difference between waist and hip (think Cameron Diaz), or is it a mega difference (think J Lo).

Also, the shape of your bum, boobs, etc......

You could always browse sites for ideas, like

www.asos.com (go to dresses, they have hundreds)

etc...

See, the 'not skinny- not fat' doesn't help :roftl:.

You need to say what your shape is: apple or pear? Ie, are your hips narrow and there is not a lot of difference between waist and hip (think Cameron Diaz), or is it a mega difference (think J Lo).

Also, the shape of your bum, boobs, etc......

You could always browse sites for ideas, like

www.asos.com (go to dresses, they have hundreds)

etc...

thanks for the site lol

uhm... big boobs, D cup. and i wear a 32 pants size

Here i am, full length:

IMG_1208.jpg

I think its the only recent full length i have- i will look for more incase this isnt clear enough

Ok, I think that the redish one that Nico posted would TOTALLY suit you! That style anyway. The colour would look great with your skin tone, and the shape would suit you as well, I think.

I you wore silver sandals for example it would be perfect :thumb_yello::wub2:

I have a few examples

My prom dress ^^ don't pay attention to my shoes, I couldn't stand those high-heels any longer :naughty:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=250830437&albumID=925255&imageID=9993423

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=250830437&albumID=925255&imageID=10033352#a=925255&i=10033362

I'm not sure if it is what you're looking for...but hope you like them ^^

Nice shoes... Love the dress too!

Ooooh! I like the purple dress! It seems weird that there was a girl wearing a white dress to a formal... I had to wear a white dress for my yr 12 graduation...

Here i am, full length:

IMG_1208.jpg

I think its the only recent full length i have- i will look for more incase this isnt clear enough

Ooooh... you can get away with practically any colour... I'd def steer clear of black though...

Hi guys, i found these:

shamz1.jpg

shamz3.jpg

What do you think?

I like those two... especially the red one!

Ok, I think that the redish one that Nico posted would TOTALLY suit you! That style anyway. The colour would look great with your skin tone, and the shape would suit you as well, I think.

I you wore silver sandals for example it would be perfect

I agree with that... though I chose it cause I liked it and red looks good on me...

Silver shoes would go well with most dresses...

I you wore silver sandals for example it would be perfect :thumb_yello::wub2:

Aww thank you, i like red as a colour!

i like these ones:thumb_yello:

but i like the last one better.

Thank you :wink2:

Ooooh! I like the purple dress! It seems weird that there was a girl wearing a white dress to a formal... I had to wear a white dress for my yr 12 graduation...

Ooooh... you can get away with practically any colour... I'd def steer clear of black though...

I like those two... especially the red one!

I agree with that... though I chose it cause I liked it and red looks good on me...

Silver shoes would go well with most dresses...

Thank you thank you, your help is so appreciated!

Silver shoes? I will keep that in mind!

Shameez, I agree with those who have said you should wear a bright colour, and not a dark one. Your skin tone would suit many colours well.

I was thinking today that jewel tones would look great on you. Maybe a red (as previously suggested), purple or maybe even a green shade.

And, yes, I like the idea of silver shoes.

Whatever you choose, please let us know how it went. :thumb_yello:

thanks!

oooh! I like the purple dress! It seems weird that there was a girl wearing a white dress to a formal... I had to wear a white dress for my yr 12 graduation...

thanks ^^

I agree about the silver shoes

and I love the last dress you posted MikaFreaka *sorry I don't know your name*

Shameez, I agree with those who have said you should wear a bright colour, and not a dark one. Your skin tone would suit many colours well.

I was thinking today that jewel tones would look great on you. Maybe a red (as previously suggested), purple or maybe even a green shade.

And, yes, I like the idea of silver shoes.

Whatever you choose, please let us know how it went. :thumb_yello:

Thank you, i actually saw a design that i liked again today... but it was deep red- almost maroon.....:thumbdown:

I definitley will!

thanks!

thanks ^^

I agree about the silver shoes

and I love the last dress you posted MikaFreaka *sorry I don't know your name*

My name is Shameez lol sorry for not telling you!

• 2 months later...