The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

LIZZIE!!! Long time no see! Hope things are good at your end too!

And chickadee, for someone who was away moving house, I have to say, you caught up very well, 2 of those Latitude vids, the Mika and Andy ones, I had never seen nor heard of:aah: That was a little treat! :pinkbow:

My pleasure Blue Sky. I haven't actually watched anything much from Latitude itself, but the titles of those caught my eye off to the side on youtube and I thought I'd sticky beak. They look like so much fun:wub2:

Thanks for the heads up Silver. I'm so impressed with it. Looks great.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

I am new to the forum and just thought i'd say hi! I am a HUMUNGOUS Mika fan I just simply adore him! I think he is awesome! I first heard the beginning of Love today (first song of his I ever heard) on a commercial for "The Hills" and looked it up on iTunes. I put it on my iPod. I loved it soo much! My best friend always sang Grace Kelly at school, and I thought it was really catchy. I started watching some interviews of him and thought he was amazing. And now the fascination continues. Thanks for reading!

:tears: this was almost two years ago now

<<<<<< o OK OKD? :pbjt:

Yes, much better thanks.

Well today my teacher suggested having a synthesised violin, which we are going to try out tomorrow and see what it sounds like. The school actually has a pretty good synthesiser so my hopes are relatively high.

I have my learners but I'm now 17 so I could get my P's.. I only need a few more hours and to practice reverse parallel parking and three-point turns. And I really want to pass the test first time!

Hmm, yes well synthesised violins are better than none :thumb_yello:

Oooh, okay :biggrin2:

The new house is great thankyou. I :wub2: it very much:blush-anim-cl:

I will find the links for you... *goes looking*......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwHNkOEnvdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbctQj_XftE&feature=related

These three are the ones I saw the other day without going hunting. I do wonder though if there are other vids out there... there seem to be a few cameras.

No, I haven't heard Bob Evans cover of it:blink:

Awesoome! I lve my house too! And i literally just like 30 seconds ago convinced my friend to cancel her lease and move in with us!!!! Yayyyy! All the rooms are filled, and with friends! So much better than strangers!

Oooh, they were very nice videos, love the pointing with the girl in Survivor.

Here you go:

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/media/s2574540.htm

He played that when I saw him and that guitarist is literally like 4 feet tall and the cutest human being ever created.

I seen S&M's (I have no idea what I'm supposed to call her these days) post on facebook and her summary is the single greatest peice of writing I have ever seen.

Hey!

I am new to the forum and just thought i'd say hi! I am a HUMUNGOUS Mika fan I just simply adore him! I think he is awesome! I first heard the beginning of Love today (first song of his I ever heard) on a commercial for "The Hills" and looked it up on iTunes. I put it on my iPod. I loved it soo much! My best friend always sang Grace Kelly at school, and I thought it was really catchy. I started watching some interviews of him and thought he was amazing. And now the fascination continues. Thanks for reading!

Aww, quite possibly the only 13 year old that was capable of using correct punctuation, grammar and spelling online. No wonder no one ever beleives how old you are :naughty:

Hey!

Welcome welcome welcome ... :thumb_yello:

Hmm.. I think I like the 'We Are Golden' video. To be honest the white underwear make him look somewhat like an overgrown baby in a nappy. :naughty:

Hmm, yes well synthesised violins are better than none :thumb_yello:

Yes. We played it properly today for the first time, with everybody actually knowing what they were doing. It sounded great! The vocalist has improved my melody line a lot with a few little improvisations and we are currently working on harmonies and counter-melodies in the chorus.

Hmm.. I think I like the 'We Are Golden' video. To be honest the white underwear make him look somewhat like an overgrown baby in a nappy. :naughty:.

Bridget Jones knickers :naughty:

Yes. We played it properly today for the first time, with everybody actually knowing what they were doing. It sounded great! The vocalist has improved my melody line a lot with a few little improvisations and we are currently working on harmonies and counter-melodies in the chorus.

We are going to get to hear this, aren't we? :puppy_eyes:

Argh, today in chemistry I accidentally spilled silver nitrate all over my hands because the lid wasn't on properly. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with silver nitrate but if it gets on anything it stains it brown. So now I am going to have to put up with having blotchy brown hands and fingernails for a few weeks! :naughty:

Good news on the grad programme. You must have a lot more patience than me. I couldn't work in aged care. I got too frustrated with people because I became too impatient.

I'm very good atm. We bought a house and I'm in love with it:wub2: Still unpacking etc but it'll get done eventually:naughty:

Awesome!! Hope you settle in well :thumb_yello:

Hey!

Awwwww :wub2: Congrats on lasting this long :naughty:

Hmm.. I think I like the 'We Are Golden' video. To be honest the white underwear make him look somewhat like an overgrown baby in a nappy.

Haha, yes indeed. I actually like it, despite still hating the song. It's so bad that it's good. It totally captures the kind of over the top immatureness/ridiculousness/campness that made me like him in the first place.

Funny thing: I think a year and a half ago I would have freaked out about the amount of flesh in this video, but now I didn't take the remotest amount of notice of it, I did see musicfreak and foalbaby's jacket and fangurled a little bit though. And the bit with the super tight coloured jeans.

Haha yes, after it's been recorded and I get the CD. :thumb_yello:

:jawdrop::woot_jump: !!

Are you playing something in it? Piano at least I hope?

Argh, today in chemistry I accidentally spilled silver nitrate all over my hands because the lid wasn't on properly. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with silver nitrate but if it gets on anything it stains it brown. So now I am going to have to put up with having blotchy brown hands and fingernails for a few weeks! :naughty:

Sucks to be you! :biggrin2:

The WAG video is amazing!!! Mika is such a cutie

I could so picture him like that as a teen

Good job i'd say........so cant wait for the album

I could so picture him like that now :lmfao:

I found the Grates DVD at JB Hifi today! I've been looking everytime I go into every JB hifi I see for at least 2 years just incase they'd ordered it in AND I FINALLY STRUCK GOLD!!! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

:jawdrop::woot_jump: !!

Are you playing something in it? Piano at least I hope?

Sucks to be you! :biggrin2:

I found the Grates DVD at JB Hifi today! I've been looking everytime I go into every JB hifi I see for at least 2 years just incase they'd ordered it in AND I FINALLY STRUCK GOLD!!! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Haha, yeah just piano. There are five other musicians doing acoustic guitar, bass, drums, violin synthesiser and vocals. But don't get too excited, the piano bit isn't really that amazing or complicated. It is nice though!

It does indeed!

Hurrah! :groovy:

Haha, yeah just piano. There are five other musicians doing acoustic guitar, bass, drums, violin synthesiser and vocals. But don't get too excited, the piano bit isn't really that amazing or complicated. It is nice though!

It does indeed!

Hurrah! :groovy:

That's really awesome :biggrin2:

If anybody is interested, here are some pictures of Studio 52, the studio we're recording in next Thursday in Melbourne.

http://www.studio52.com.au/images/slideshow/studioslideshow/index.html

We have to leave at 6am (meaning I'll need to wake up at around 5am) and we get back to my town at about 10-11pm. It's going to be a long day! :naughty:

Edited by sweet-dreams
I'm on a roll!

If anybody is interested, here are some pictures of Studio 52, the studio we're recording in next Thursday in Melbourne.

http://www.studio52.com.au/images/slideshow/studioslideshow/index.html

We have to leave at 6am (meaning I'll need to wake up at around 5am) and we get back to my town at about 10-11pm. It's going to be a long day! :naughty:

Nice! I'm sure the early start will be worth it! =]

My sister broke her tibia (the larger bone in the lower leg) in two places today, riding her pony. He slipped and fell on her. So, they've kept her overnight, as they're not sure whether surgery is necessary as yet. I'm thinking I might go up to the hospital before school tomorrow, and catch a bus from there to school, since she has a CT scan at 8:30. I can miss first lesson, it's only religion anyway...

Nice! I'm sure the early start will be worth it! =]

My sister broke her tibia (the larger bone in the lower leg) in two places today, riding her pony. He slipped and fell on her. So, they've kept her overnight, as they're not sure whether surgery is necessary as yet. I'm thinking I might go up to the hospital before school tomorrow, and catch a bus from there to school, since she has a CT scan at 8:30. I can miss first lesson, it's only religion anyway...

:shocked: I hope your sister will be ok EJ !! :wub2:

Hi all again !! :huglove::bye: