The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

That should be most AWESOME!!!!!! I know Clare Bowditch; she supported Gotye once in London! And Bianca always says that BI and SWN are ****ing amazing live :cheerful_h4h:.

Regular John rings a bell... wait, Tame Impala, too. Yes, I do know Tame Impala. That must have been OD telling me about them :think2:.

SD: Out of your list, I know of & like Clare Bowditch & Tame Impala ! :groovy:

Okay! That's good to know. I had heard of British India, but I'm not familiar with any of their work.

Hello everyone ... I have tonsilitis ... damnit .... so managed to gets out of bed today ... :thumb_yello: whats happening?

I hope you feel better really soon! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I only just skimmed this page but OMFG SD YOU HAVE TO GO TO THAT FESTIVAL!

Something with Numbers and British India together is the greatest thing ever. And I think you would like Tame Impala, their songs are like 15 minutes long of 98% awesome instrumentals.

SOMETHING WITH NUMBERS ARE GENIUS! JAKE GRIGG IS GENIUS!

Wait, so I didn't look back so who knows if Petra revealed my awful news, but I lost all three of my Something with Numbers tickets. They are just gone. Who knows where. Most likely my dad threw them away while packing my stuff. I went through every single belonging that I belong 8 times. I looked online and it appeared that Bunbury was not sold out, but Perth definitely was, not sure about Mandurah. So I decided, especially seeing as we already had backapckers booked and everything to just go to Bunbury, buy a new ticket and hope for the best. Bought new ticket ($30), went to show, show was freaking awesome, met band after show, talked to Jake, when Jake found out I lost my tickets he immediately tracked down tour manager and made sure he'd put me on the guestlist for the rest of the shows. With a plus one. I don't even need a plus one, Dani still has her tickets :naughty:. Anywh, must go get ready now!

Okay! That's good to know. I had heard of British India, but I'm not familiar with any of their work.

Possibly not your type of music, but I like it, I mean, I like the live show, which makes me like the music because it reminds me of the live show. You can't call their performance any kind of boring. And they are heaps into doing as many under-age things like that, they really like underage shows they always say :biggrin2:

Hello everyone ... I have tonsilitis ... damnit .... so managed to gets out of bed today ... :thumb_yello: whats happening?

:boxed: OUCH !! I do hope you are feeling better soon too . :wub2:

:mf_lustslow: Theres a We are Golden movie making competition!?!?! How wicked! OMG, im sooooo entering it :naughty:

:aah:

:roftl: Haha !!! You should SOOOOO enter it SEN !!! :kachinga:

Hi Bianca !! :bye:

Have you picked up 'Brosey yet in Farm Town ?? :tears::sneaky2:

( I have sent him to you 3 times now ) :shun:

Possibly not your type of music, but I like it, I mean, I like the live show, which makes me like the music because it reminds me of the live show. You can't call their performance any kind of boring. And they are heaps into doing as many under-age things like that, they really like underage shows they always say :biggrin2:

I didnt say a thing! I was probably too busy typing text messages to you :pinkbow:. I just said you managed to get on the list :boing:.

Okay so I only just skimmed this page but OMFG SD YOU HAVE TO GO TO THAT FESTIVAL!

Something with Numbers and British India together is the greatest thing ever. And I think you would like Tame Impala, their songs are like 15 minutes long of 98% awesome instrumentals.

Wait, so I didn't look back so who knows if Petra revealed my awful news, but I lost all three of my Something with Numbers tickets. They are just gone. Who knows where. Most likely my dad threw them away while packing my stuff. I went through every single belonging that I belong 8 times. I looked online and it appeared that Bunbury was not sold out, but Perth definitely was, not sure about Mandurah. So I decided, especially seeing as we already had backapckers booked and everything to just go to Bunbury, buy a new ticket and hope for the best. Bought new ticket ($30), went to show, show was freaking awesome, met band after show, talked to Jake, when Jake found out I lost my tickets he immediately tracked down tour manager and made sure he'd put me on the guestlist for the rest of the shows. With a plus one. I don't even need a plus one, Dani still has her tickets :naughty:. Anywh, must go get ready now!

:shocked: Brilliant!

Wow, that video is really good quality! And you're right, it isn't my type of music but I can appreciate the showmanship, etc. I think I will go, even though a lot of it isn't what I would normally listen to, it will be fun! And I'm currently listening to a bit of Clare Bowditch and she's great!

Haha, today in chemistry my teacher was walking around the room and he came and picked up my folder and was looking at all the pictures and naming everyone. I was quite proud of him.. He knew almost everyone of the 60s and 70s bands and people (granted, he is the right age), but thought that the picture of Mika performing was Bob Dylan! :naughty:

Ooh, painful! Hope you recover quickly. Have you caught up with all the latest Mika news, like the fact that you can hear 30 second snippets of all the songs from the new album? There's a thread....

Yeah, she's home now. She's also under the impression that because she has plaster on her leg she is exempt from all household chores/rules. Everything is back to normal. :naughty:

Sisters. Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.:naughty:

:mf_lustslow: Theres a We are Golden movie making competition!?!?! How wicked! OMG, im sooooo entering it :naughty:

:aah:

Go for it!!!! I'm so glad one of us will be entering. I would never in a million years dream of it, so I'll send all my spare good luck over in your direction:biggrin2:

Oh, you lucky thing! I mean, not lucky that your tickets went AWOL but lucky about the outcome. Have fun!

Right, back from yet ANOTHER trip to the ER. This time we had tingling and numbness under the cast. Turns out the bandaging was a bit tight after the surgery .So they loosened it, and she has plenty of sensation now. Unfortunately for me, they didn't unwrap it to the point where I could see the incision from the surgery. They just sliced the gauze and re-wrapped it.

Agreed!

Like I said to Mum this morning, telling a girl that she's not to hastle her sister is like telling a Maccas employee that they're not allowed to sell fries!

Other than that, I'm really tired! I think I'm gonna sleep now, since I'm off to a showjumping comp with Bonza tomorrow morning. Night all. =]

Right, back from yet ANOTHER trip to the ER. This time we had tingling and numbness under the cast. Turns out the bandaging was a bit tight after the surgery .So they loosened it, and she has plenty of sensation now. Unfortunately for me, they didn't unwrap it to the point where I could see the incision from the surgery. They just sliced the gauze and re-wrapped it.

Agreed!

Like I said to Mum this morning, telling a girl that she's not to hastle her sister is like telling a Maccas employee that they're not allowed to sell fries!

Other than that, I'm really tired! I think I'm gonna sleep now, since I'm off to a showjumping comp with Bonza tomorrow morning. Night all. =]

:naughty:

Aww ... sweet dreams EJ ! :wub2:

Good luck & have fun with your Bonza tomorrow !! :kachinga:

No? :fisch:

Can't believe some people are actually going to see him live tonight.

Your turn will come

Good luck :thumb_yello:

Talk about landing on your feet :naughty:

:biggrin2:

I actually spoke to Mika after the gig

:swoon:

Any news? How was it anyway? I was wondering why people were actually queuing when they were on the guestlist (meaning that they actually had to go to the box office after the door opened). Was queuing in the café possible? (I'm actually really interested in that - I'm wondering if we were just fricking lucky.)

Mika in his dungarees

Mika_0151of1.jpg

Hahahahahaha!!! Awww, the Roundhouse! Aww, Mika! So dungarees are the pants? *writes down new vocab*

IMG_1445.jpg

The umbrella looks like a wing :naughty: He WAS wearing underwear I hope :blink:.

Any news? How was it anyway? I was wondering why people were actually queuing when they were on the guestlist (meaning that they actually had to go to the box office after the door opened). Was queuing in the café possible? (I'm actually really interested in that - I'm wondering if we were just fricking lucky.)

Hi Petra :bye:

There was a guestlist queue - we had to go in and collect our tickets - and another winners' queue for all the people who had won tickets in the Facebook competition etc. But they all had electronic tickets already printed out so they just got in straightaway!

A lot of MFCers did manage to get in the front row though.

The cafe shut at 5pm and no-one was allowed in the building after that. So yes, I think you were very lucky

The gig was very lively, a mixture of hits from LICM and the dancier stuff from the new album. I think he was very conscious of his audience and that most of them would be unfamiliar with the new songs.

Hi Petra :bye:

Hello :bye:!

There was a guestlist queue - we had to go in and collect our tickets - and another winners' queue for all the people who had won tickets in the Facebook competition etc. But they all had electronic tickets already printed out so they just got in straightaway!

Ah, interesting! :think1: Complicated and hence partly unfair but what should one do if there are so many competitions and lists :dunno:.

When did you arrive?

The cafe shut at 5pm and no-one was allowed in the building after that. So yes, I think you were very lucky

We came at about 4PM and just stayed. At 6PM everyone without a ticket was asked to leave and we were allowed to stay. :wub2: We including about 6 others :dunno: while there was already a queue outside. Hahaha, but one of those guys that stayed with us was the little Luke Pritchard-double :naughty:. Very entertaining :lmfao:.

The gig was very lively, a mixture of hits from LICM and the dancier stuff from the new album. I think he was very conscious of his audience and that most of them would be unfamiliar with the new songs.

Good old Mika :cheerful_h4h:!

Dungarees = basically jeans with bib (no sleeves)

Latzhosen :pinkbow: