The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

:shocked: I don't have a virus !!!

Then again .... I'm a MAC ....

bloody macs! :sneaky2:

*hates vista and windows with a frigging passion*

*wouldn't mind a mac right now*

You think your rooms are bad .. mine is worse and I have a inspection tomorrow eeek

That is bad... better get a wriggle on then... :naughty:

Anyone heard from Kelzy? Or Tanya?

Last I heard From Tanya, she wised me well and hoped I got better...

I got a message from Melz on... *checks phone* the 4th of August...

Bec's been missing too, heard from her around the same time... cause I messaged them about the Morning Show thing...

Edited by nico_collard

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bloody macs! :sneaky2:

*hates vista and windows with a frigging passion*

*wouldn't mind a mac right now*

I'd like nothing more than a mac right now, but the fact of the matter is that I'm povo...lol

Someone has posted little snippets of the songs on Mika's new album on youtube :shocked:

If they were 30 second snippets of each song, then that's the previews that were available to listen when you pre order the album on iTunes. =]

*Edit*- I checked it out, they are the iTunes samples. The funniest thing is, that the guy who uploaded them is claiming that he got them from the record company/Mika himself. Some people will do anything for attention...lol

In other news, I put in the first part of my uni application today. =D

Now I just have to fill out the questionnaire. I'm gonna take my time with that though, since my answers should probably be somewhat thought through, rather than something along the lines of "I decided to apply for this course because computers are shiny, and I like shiny things..."

It does occasionally take some time for me to articulate what I'm trying to say, so I can see more than a few drafts before I get anywhere near a final copy... :naughty:

Edited by bonzaboy

This guy basically said he got the album samples off Mika's record company and posted them on youtube...

Don't worry, Tegan, they're just the iTunes promo clips. They're exactly the same as the ones I recorded from that, and in the exact same order. I reckon this guy is just talking himself up by saying he got them from the record company. =]

Seems so... and you beat me to making a comment...

I actually didn't know where they came from...

I got a condescending comment from some guy on a video of Adam playing bass cause I referred to it as a batman guitar... :sneaky2:

Larry called it a batman guitar, and I think it looks like it... Besides, I can listen to Adam long enough to know what kind of bass guitar it is...

Sorry...

Anyways, FY & GN! :bye:

Bec's been missing too, heard from her around the same time... cause I messaged them about the Morning Show thing...

I'm around.... getting busy with uni stuff but around

In other news, I put in the first part of my uni application today. =D

Now I just have to fill out the questionnaire. I'm gonna take my time with that though, since my answers should probably be somewhat thought through, rather than something along the lines of "I decided to apply for this course because computers are shiny, and I like shiny things..."

It does occasionally take some time for me to articulate what I'm trying to say, so I can see more than a few drafts before I get anywhere near a final copy... :naughty:

That sounds like a lot of work... for ours we just had to list 10 courses in order of preference, and then, depending on our ENTER score, we'd get put into the highest course on our list that we were eligible for. At least I think thats how it worked, it was so long ago. It was easy I remember, as was applying for scholarships

Seems so... and you beat me to making a comment...

I actually didn't know where they came from...

I got a condescending comment from some guy on a video of Adam playing bass cause I referred to it as a batman guitar... :sneaky2:

Larry called it a batman guitar, and I think it looks like it... Besides, I can listen to Adam long enough to know what kind of bass guitar it is...

Sorry...

Anyways, FY & GN! :bye:

Ah, don't worry... it seems that almost every man and his dog like to post stupid or derogatory comments about others on the internet, just because they have a phone line, a keyboard and fingers, plus a monitor to hide behind.

That sounds like a lot of work... for ours we just had to list 10 courses in order of preference, and then, depending on our ENTER score, we'd get put into the highest course on our list that we were eligible for. At least I think thats how it worked, it was so long ago. It was easy I remember, as was applying for scholarships

It wasn't that bad applying for the course online, and for most courses is as easy as you described, but some highly sought after courses have an interview process, such as medicine and the like, and this one, being a scholarship has a questionnaire. I feel for those who have to write an essay for their application, though!

:jawdrop:

Tis yummy... I loves it...

Ooooh... fair enough...

Ah, don't worry... it seems that almost every man and his dog like to post stupid or derogatory comments about others on the internet, just because they have a phone line, a keyboard and fingers, plus a monitor to hide behind.

Good point...

They also like to pretend they're more important than they are :teehee:...

I don't think i can remember what i had to do to get into uni!!! I think i just wrote down 5 or 6 uni's i wanted to go to, in order of preference, and just waited for my O.P result and the letter of offer in the mail came.......that was like 4 years ago now...........fa frig! :shocked:

I don't think i can remember what i had to do to get into uni!!! I think i just wrote down 5 or 6 uni's i wanted to go to, in order of preference, and just waited for my O.P result and the letter of offer in the mail came.......that was like 4 years ago now...........fa frig! :shocked:

Yeah, OP is the big one at the moment. Our school doesn't calculate prediction OPs, so I have no idea how I'm gonna go with this. The course is in NSW, so they've specified I need a UAI of around 90. Which is about an OP 6 or 7. I'm hoping I do well enough on the questionairre to be invited for an interview. Apparently there's only about 25 places in the course. :shocked: Better get to work!

I'm so old I can't remember what I had to do to apply for further ed :old:

Either that or it was so traumatic I have blocked it from my memory :roftl:

I think it was traumatic... I know it was for me :naughty:

The first time I did it was 2001, then in 2002...

I have enough trouble remembering stuff, thinking about things that happened 7 years ago is ridiculous...

Yeah, OP is the big one at the moment. Our school doesn't calculate prediction OPs, so I have no idea how I'm gonna go with this. The course is in NSW, so they've specified I need a UAI of around 90. Which is about an OP 6 or 7. I'm hoping I do well enough on the questionairre to be invited for an interview. Apparently there's only about 25 places in the course. :shocked: Better get to work!

Ooooooooh.... that would be hard if you didn't have the prediction thingies...

Actually, I wish they did the prediction thingies in NSW...

Good luck, i'm sure you will get the O.P score you want! :thumb_yello:

I just got back from seeing David Helfgott (the pianist the film Shine, starring Geoffery Rush, was made about). He was incredible! He's a little bit crazy, because of traumatic life and mental illness, so throughout the two-hour recital of some amazing pieces he mumbled and hummed to himself the whole time! It was so endearing! I was sitting in the front row, a couple of seats right to the centre, which was perfect because I could see his hand movements really clearly. After the final song (Flight of the Bumblebee!) my mum started the standing ovation, and absolutely everyone in the concert hall was standing, clapping and cheering. It was amazing. And then I got to shake his hand!

In other great news, my mum's friend from France is in town. And we were talking to her about music before the show started and I mentioned that Queen are my favourite band. Then she said that she saw them in the 80s and snuck in a camera and took a few photos of Freddie (she said she was in about the third row from the front). And she's going to send them to me! :biggrin2: