Does anyone like Jonathas Ross's sick humour?

suzie

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just ridiculous, I don't think that's funny at all!

The Oliver Sachs thing was a bit blown up by the media imo, I think the things he's saying here are far more shocking and hurting.

I like his humour normally, but this is making me angry. :mad3:

• 3 months later...

:biggrin2:

C'm on, it's Jonathan Ross. He's a big mouth but he's a tolerant person, and he's everything but homophobic. Once again, thumbs up for the British "press" which always seems to find a way to disinform or make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Are you kidding me? Overreacting much?

Anyone that knows Wossy knows he's not homophobic AT ALL.

It was just a joke. Jeez.

:biggrin2:

C'm on, it's Jonathan Ross. He's a big mouth but he's a tolerant person, and he's everything but homophobic. Once again, thumbs up for the British "press" which always seems to find a way to disinform or make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Agreed, and anyone who watches his Friday night show will know his house band are 4 gay singers!

If he were homophobic at all, there's no way he'd have that!

I think, he tends to let his mouth run away with him, sometimes.

Are you kidding me? Overreacting much?

Anyone that knows Wossy knows he's not homophobic AT ALL.

It was just a joke. Jeez.

Is everyone supposed to know that???? And how do you know? I make judgements based on what I hear and not how I am supposed to interpret things. :cool:

I think comments like these encourage Joe Public to make similar comments at his workplace, at school.. etc.

I actually remember another sick comment from J. Ross back in the 90s , about 2 years before Frank Sinatra's death... At an awards show that he was presenting he said something like... " we need this like Frank Sinatra needs next year's calendar":boxed:

This is non-intellectual humour and I never liked it. I consider it dumb.

Edited by suzie

Is everyone supposed to know that???? And how do you know? I make judgements based on what I hear and not how I am supposed to interpret things. :cool:

I think comments like these encourage Joe Public to make similar comments at his worplace, at school.. etc.

I actually remember another sick comment from J. Ross back in the 90s , about 2 years before Frank Sinatra's death... At an awards show that he was presenting he said something like... " we need this like Frank Sinatra needs next year's calendar":boxed:

This is non-intellectual humour and I never liked it. I consider it dumb.

To make a judgement, it's better to check who is the person being blamed. You opened a thread asking for opinions. We gave you ours, we who watch Ross regularly, follow him on twitter, and know how he's usually like. And he happens to be a very sweet person. Arrogant, provocative, and big-mouthed, certainly... but sweet, tolerant and open-minded.

Humor is humor. Wether you like it or not is a question of personal taste. I personally don't see why people couldn't joke about gays just like they joke about blondies. And I think most gay people wouldn't take any offence in what Ross said for the simple reason he wasn't attacking them in the first place.

Oh well...

I'd still share Wossy's caravan with Mr D anytime *HINT* :naughty:

Well, thanks for enlightening me that he is actually a sweet person. :wink2:

So, it's just my personal taste then that I don't like this type of humour - an opinion I formulated when I lived in the UK in the 90s. Maybe I'll do some search on his more recent stuff to get over that Frank Sinatra joke, too :cool::biggrin2: