A Look Inside Mika's New CD

dcdeb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i found this link today in my google alert, what a way to start my day!

:wub2:

thanks for posting...i wonder where the european reviews are? we've read very little so far.

and he toured all europe with his locked cd!

Being a fan of famous artists like Pearl Jam and Rufus Wainwright and having been a follower of their careers since always, I just can honest tell: I never saw so good reviews at a new album like now with WE ARE GOLDEN :shocked:.

I'm really pround of Mika. He deserve every little praise :wub2:!

Boys and Girls, I have to admit: I have a increadible taste to choose my music pillar... Mika, welcome to the trinity :biggrin2: !

You do have good taste in music :wink2: .

Not knowing the man I was wondering : is he a notorious M :freak: , has he just got the M virus in his system or is he just partial :wub2: to tall, dark, skinny and curly guys :confused: ?

I doubt if fans are going to win any prize for their bleeding magical number(s) but one thing's for sure : Team Mika will get the biggest joke of the year prize for their contribution in that contest. So there will be a least a few winners this time. Progress :thumb_yello: !

Cheers,

Id3

Not knowing the man I was wondering : is he a notorious M :freak: , has he just got the M virus in his system or is he just partial :wub2: to tall, dark, skinny and curly guys :confused: ?

I doubt if fans are going to win any prize for their bleeding magical number(s) but one thing's for sure : Team Mika will get the biggest joke of the year prize for their contribution in that contest. So there will be a least a few winners this time. Progress :thumb_yello: !

Cheers,

Id3

Thank you, Id3 :wub2:... and other interesting thing is all of them are unbelievable handsome:mf_lustslow: beside shameless talent:blush-anim-cl:.

Patti.

Mika1.jpg

The spectrum of brilliance known simply as Mika is about to puke his prism of perfection into your iPod ... again.

September 22nd, Mika -- along with buttery cameo vocals of Imogen Heap -- is set to release his second full length album entitled "We Are Golden," via Casablanca/Universal Republic Records. But since that's eons away (in pop-culture time), I have an inside "look" at what we can expect from the great dance-track pop God. I love my job.

Produced by Mika and Greg Wells (Katy Perry, P!nk), this record is the much anticipated follow-up to 2007's "Life in Cartoon Motion," which sold more than 5 million copies worldwide. Mika returned to Los Angeles, where he made his first record, and loaded his recording studio with visual inspiration, 60s children's books and all sorts of trinkets to create a world entirely of his own where the songs could grow. As a result, the snippets of music I got to sample played like an explosion of effervescent, sizzling, piano pop.

mika2.jpg

To kick things off, the brilliant first single, also named "We Are Golden," will begin to stream on Mika's Web site on July 20. Not one to waste time, a video for the track, helmed by acclaimed Swedish director Jonas Akerlund, is also currently in being shot in the UK.

"We Are Golden" features the Andrae Crouch Gospel Choir (from Madonna's "Like A Prayer"), defiant declarations of hope and a driving beat, while the floor-stomping song "Blame It On the Girls" begs for us to sing-along. The tracks "Rain" and "Dr. John" mix a 60s beach blanket bonanza with bona fide dance floor anthems, a lot like his hit "Relax" did in '07. Oh, and don't worry, Mika-ballad babies, the tune "Toy Boy" will leave you weeping for tons more from this fella'. Tons more than this one lonely CD can offer.

Is it sad that the full album isn't out yet, and I am already awaiting his next masterpiece?

Photo: Julian Broad

http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/archives/2009/07/mika_we_are_golden.html

thanks again for posting deb:thumb_yello:

love reading all these positive articles

Cheers,

Id3

My personal opinion on the matter: I also have doubt if Mika's fans will win somethings... some of the prizes are very unbelievable :shocked: I don't see he doing anyway ...

My personal opinion on the matter: I also have doubt if Mika's fans will win somethings... some of the prizes are very unbelievable :shocked: I don't see he doing anyway ...

Ah, but then the guy's a dreamer and he expects us to dream along with him. Some of us just won't :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

Ah, but then the guy's a dreamer and he expects us to dream along with him. Some of us just won't :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

Yeah ... and you don't need to go far to find one here, look at me ! :teehee: ...

The day that magical numbers give free music from dear Mika I will be more enthusiastic :biggrin2:.

Cheers,

Id3

Yeah ... and you don't need to go far to find one here, look at me ! :teehee: ...

The day that magical numbers give free music from dear Mika I will be more enthusiastic :biggrin2:.

Hey, what about his songs Holy Johnny, HMDYLM, Instant Martyr etc.? Why will not be these songs be on his new CD? :blink:

Holy Johnny - already on two DVDs

HMDYLM - we're hoping for a b-side

Instant martyr - this was his first 'proper' song and its already been released, so i dont see why we'd want it on the new album :blink:

Holy Johnny - already on two DVDs

HMDYLM - we're hoping for a b-side

Instant martyr - this was his first 'proper' song and its already been released, so i dont see why we'd want it on the new album :blink:

Ok, I'm sorry but I'm little bit confused about his new songs :blush-anim-cl: