Article in Swedish newspaper about Mika!

sienna

Thanks for posting this, Sienna:thumb_yello:

PS: :blink: how could he even think about working with Pharell Williams? :sneaky2:

Wow, Google Translator does a good job:lmfao:

I know! I'm glad it didn't work out in the end:naughty:

Please tell us a little more, I have no idea who he is and what he's doing.

Of course I could google but it would be nice to have your opinion on the subject!:wink2:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting the interview! It's great and we can get the gist of it! I love how he says about his music being part of the world he has created! THIS is why he's not like ayone else and it's one of the reasons we love him.

I certainly felt, in 2008, that things had got too much for Mika and the pressure had got to him. I'm disappointed about the musical, but I admire Mika for concentrating on what's important to him, and doing it well, rather than putting too many irons in the fire (so to speak) and making himself ill.

I am so proud to be his fan, and I know I speak for all of us on here.

It must be really hard to have a work that is pure and only built on your ability to be creative, don't you think?:wink2:

But at the same time absolutely lovely if you are the right person for it....:wub2:

Of course I could google but it would be nice to have your opinion on the subject!:wink2:

He's a hip hop and R&B producer and he is also the lead vocalist and drummer of his own band N.E.R.D as far as I know !

Luckily Pharell didn't accept to work with him :naughty:

He's a hip hop and R&B producer and he is also the lead vocalist and drummer of his own band N.E.R.D as far as I know !

I don't think it's lucky- I'd have liked to see what they could do together. I wonder which song it was?

I wonder which song it was?

It must have been Rain...

Didn't he mention somewhere that he asked several producers to work on it and he finally decided to include Stuart Price's version on the album?

Interesting article. Thanks Sienna.

The translation gave me a few giggles, but I did get the gist of it. I too am a little disappointed about the musical, but I'd rather he do what he's already doing well and not get sick.

It must be really hard to have a work that is pure and only built on your ability to be creative, don't you think?:wink2:

But at the same time absolutely lovely if you are the right person for it....:wub2:

He is deffinately the right person for the kind of thing he does. There are other singer-songwriters out there, but no one else creates this amazing world of colour and characters which go with his songs. Mika stands head and shoulders above the rest. not just because he's so tall, but because he's so unique.

Well, I knew less than Vanessa..

...all I was thinking about is that I know this guy is now probably the most popular producer after Timbaland as I know Madonna worked with him on her latest album:cool:

So that means he is in high demand and I don't see why Mika should be working with a hip hop / R&B producer he must be only vaguely familiar with. :blink:

I would have understood if he had wanted to work with Kanye West who voiced his kind of admiration towards Mika.... but this Ph.W..?

Anyway, I think his most famous work in Europe is probably the track 'Give It To Me' he wrote and produced for Madonna, and which is probably the catchiest / most danceable tune on her record.

I personally don't think I'd want the two of them work together... Any more original R&B producer would OK with me... but I don't think adding some boucing beats to a Mika song is worth 100k USD. :cool:...especially if that would have been only the advance...:blink:

It must have been Rain...

Didn't he mention somewhere that he asked several producers to work on it and he finally decided to include Stuart Price's version on the album?

I must have missed that, thanks! (Surprising, considering how much time I spend on here!)

Edited by Soaring Simpson

I must have missed that, thanks! (Surprising, considering how much time I spend on here!)

I think it was reported by a journalist following one of Mika's album promo showcases in Europe.:wink2:... I remember Stuart Price's version of Rain referred to as the one chosen from the 7-8 other versions... :blink:.. which sounded a bit unusual, that's why I remember. On the other hand, he obviusly wants Rain to be a massive dance hit so he does need help in the production as that's not really his expert area I guess.:teehee: