4MUSIC: MIKA - THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS Friday 28 August 2009

tigerclaws95

I believe I haven't even commented on this yet!

Ha, loved the interview and performances!

I think this was one of the best performances of WAG so far, great!

I also LOVED I see you, and the whole instrumental part of it.

But wtf was he wearing during BIOTG?:aah:

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sori i know this is reli annoying but i reli can't access to megaupload!!!!! it's not available in my area :no: are there any other ways for me to watch this? the channel 4 website is not working for me either :huh:

Yes, it's on YT, thanks to Babs:wink2:

Here is youtube if no one else has posted.

part 1

part 2

part 3

i'm sori i know this is reli annoying but i reli can't access to megaupload!!!!! it's not available in my area :no: are there any other ways for me to watch this? the channel 4 website is not working for me either :huh:

try these

edit.... suzie is fast!!! :lmao:

I'm sorry because of this question but did he really sing? That's not a playback? :blush-anim-cl:

Mika never sings. He always playbacks.:mf_rosetinted:He can't sing, you know.

No, he really sang, no playback. It does sound like they used some backingtracks though, like the choir in WAG for example. You can't replicate that live, unless you've got a whole choir up there.

No, he really sang, no playback. It does sound like they used some backingtracks though, like the choir in WAG for example. You can't replicate that live, unless you've got a whole choir up there.

I know that he can sing!!! And I'm so shocked because he was really good there:wink2: and I love his dancing :)

:roftl: I had my suspicions, you know :aah::bleh:

Yeah, you could hear the backing tracks and all that, but of course it was to be expected. They can't replicate the complicated studio sound live, and for a TV performance (as opposed to a real gig) this would be the only way to make it sound good.

I really enjoyed this. The new songs are INCREDIBLE, you can just see and feel and hear the amazing way in which Mika's songwriting and musical knowhow has evolved since LICM...This new album is just fantastic.

I See You is absolutely inmense, I adore it already, and I just can't wait for the whole thing to come out. It's just impossible to describe in words how I feel about it. It's just THAT good :wub2:. This album is going to be such a gem!!!

The programme was great, but even though his performances were really good, IMO he's never as good on TV as he is at real gigs. You can just see that when he's got a proper audience he has more life in him, his singing sounds more genuine, he's more into it, and it's just better all round. I'm not saying this as a criticism of these performances, because they were great, but just saying that you can see that there is an extra "something" when he does this stuff at a real show with real people rather than with no audience.

:roftl

The programme was great, but even though his performances were really good, IMO he's never as good on TV as he is at real gigs. You can just see that when he's got a proper audience he has more life in him, his singing sounds more genuine, he's more into it, and it's just better all round. I'm not saying this as a criticism of these performances, because they were great, but just saying that you can see that there is an extra "something" when he does this stuff at a real show with real people rather than with no audience.

I don't the its the audience so much as the lack of TV cameras- there was an audience at iTunes all the time, but he was a bit unnatural while the live cameras were on

:roftl: I had my suspicions, you know :aah::bleh:

Yeah, you could hear the backing tracks and all that, but of course it was to be expected. They can't replicate the complicated studio sound live, and for a TV performance (as opposed to a real gig) this would be the only way to make it sound good.

I really enjoyed this. The new songs are INCREDIBLE, you can just see and feel and hear the amazing way in which Mika's songwriting and musical knowhow has evolved since LICM...This new album is just fantastic.

I See You is absolutely inmense, I adore it already, and I just can't wait for the whole thing to come out. It's just impossible to describe in words how I feel about it. It's just THAT good :wub2:. This album is going to be such a gem!!!

Completely agree... he goes MAD at his gigs.. .. the energy is completely different..he has a special spark when he's comfortable & relax i think. TV performances or even shows like the Brit Awards etc... just don't capture that special something..