Mika in Seattle, WA at The Moore

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my tickets for the Vancouver show, but it's a day later than this one. Hopefully the Seattle tickets will ship soon, or we'll find out for sure if they'll be at will call.

As long as I find out two days before the gig, I'm solid. If they ship them and they arrive at my house the day before the gig, I'm hosed because I'm already going to be in Seattle. I booked a room for the 25th and the 26th and won't be bringing my laptop.

Hopefully nothing important at the last minute because I'll miss it if it does (unless somebody awesome has my cellphone number and calls me :wink2: )

As long as I find out two days before the gig, I'm solid. If they ship them and they arrive at my house the day before the gig, I'm hosed because I'm already going to be in Seattle. I booked a room for the 25th and the 26th and won't be bringing my laptop.

Hopefully nothing important at the last minute because I'll miss it if it does (unless somebody awesome has my cellphone number and calls me :wink2: )

You'll be fine. If you have to leave for Seattle and you haven't received your tickets yet, email Sandbag and explain that to them. They should be able to re-issue them at the venue.

I'm leaving on the morning of the 22nd, and I'm not exactly confident the tickets will get to me before that. I haven't got my Toronto ticket yet, and I leave for Toronto a week from today. :bleh:

You'll be fine. If you have to leave for Seattle and you haven't received your tickets yet, email Sandbag and explain that to them. They should be able to re-issue them at the venue.

I'm not taking my laptop when I go, so I won't have access to MFC or e-mail.

It's a strict rule of mine, I never take the computer when I travel because traveling is about getting away from the computer, seeing the world, and experiencing life.

I'm starting to have nightmares that I'm in Seattle and something has gone wrong, so I can't get into the venue. It's been everything from "I never received my tickets" to "Mika hates you, please leave." (Seriously, that dream sucked.)

Well, I just wanted to say that I got my tickets back in mid-September and I purchased them at the Moore theater website. I hope everything will be fine for you guys. And, my tickets say section BC, row B, seat 5. I don't know if that's anywhere near the rest of you but I hope it is!

Edited by kiwipop15

I'm not taking my laptop when I go, so I won't have access to MFC or e-mail.

It's a strict rule of mine, I never take the computer when I travel because traveling is about getting away from the computer, seeing the world, and experiencing life.

I'm starting to have nightmares that I'm in Seattle and something has gone wrong, so I can't get into the venue. It's been everything from "I never received my tickets" to "Mika hates you, please leave." (Seriously, that dream sucked.)

If you're hell bent on not bringing a laptop, then email Sandbag a day or two before you leave and pre-arrange something.

Where there's a will, there's a way and all that. :biggrin2:

Well, I just wanted to say that I got my tickets back in mid-September and I purchased them at the Moore theater website. I hope everything will be fine for you guys. And, my tickets say section BC, row B, seat 5. I don't know if that's anywhere near the rest of you but I hope it is!

Yeah, the venue box offices seem to be faster than Sandbag. Sigh.

And yup, I think you're close! Many of us are in row A. Come say hi to us! :punk:

If you're hell bent on not bringing a laptop, then email Sandbag a day or two before you leave and pre-arrange something.

Where there's a will, there's a way and all that. :biggrin2:

I would, but given the way they handled my order for the album, I have ZERO confidence in their ability to communicate. If they refund my money when I send back the second copy they never charged me for, I'm just going to let it go because I've written THREE clear notes explaining that I ordered ONE album, they charged me for ONE album, they sent me TWO and they still respond that they will give me a refund if I send it back. And I'm all NO! I don't want a refund because I paid for ONE and I am keeping ONE and I am just sending back the EXTRA I wasn't supposed to get. Ok, send it back and we'll make sure you get a refund. AAAAARGH!

Try to do the right thing and people just don't UNDERSTAND.

(Yes, I know most people would be over the moon about this kind of error, but it completely defeats the purpose of supporting my favorite artist with my money if they are just going to give it back.)

So, yeah, I'm fully expecting something tragic to happen with my tickets and to just deal with it when it does because if I don't do anything in advance, there is the least likelihood of miscommunication. The less miscommunication there is in advance, the easier it is to solve a problem IF one arises at all.

And yeah, I'm hellbent on traveling without my laptop. It's a hard rule for me. I'll have my cellphone, but never my laptop. I won't even use somebody else's computer if I'm offered, unless there's an emergency of some sort or I'm away from home for an extended period of time (more than two weeks.)

I'm slave enough to technology without dragging it around with me when I want to leave the world behind and experience life.

If I seem inordinately terse, it's because I've been on antibiotics for 5 days and I'm getting worse instead of better, so I'm terrified that I'm going to be on my deathbed by the time Mika plays Seattle....and being on my deathbed is the ONE thing that would keep me from that show. (Well, that and not being able to get my tickets :tears: )

Actually, I might call The Moore and find out what kind of arrangement they had with Sandbag for our tickets because they might know if the tickets are supposed to be will call or if they've been mailed out.

I am a genius! :biggrin2:

Actually, I might call The Moore and find out what kind of arrangement they had with Sandbag for our tickets because they might know if the tickets are supposed to be will call or if they've been mailed out.

I am a genius! :biggrin2:

Yes you are Rivers!! They MUST know what they plan to do.

Please let us know what you find out so we don't ALL have to bombard the Moore with phone calls and have them wish they had never booked Mika!

I don't think the venue is going to know anything 3 weeks out. I'm sure Sandbag has plans to mail them out and will only do will call if and when there is a last minute problem.

It's all well and good saying that you don't trust Sandbag but the venue is going to get their info from them, so you can't circumvent Sandbag in this situation unless you buy your tickets elsewhere.

I don't think the venue is going to know anything 3 weeks out. I'm sure Sandbag has plans to mail them out and will only do will call if and when there is a last minute problem.

Still, Sandbag must have a contract with the venue and the venue should know something. Wouldn't ya think? We can hope anyway. I would think that 3 weeks out is a reasonable time to expect to have your tickets or at least some communication regarding them.

Another thought I am pondering, if Sandbag mails them, where will they be sent from? UK or US?

My Vancouver tickets were mailed from NYC (according to the address on the envelope). I do hope that if the Seattle tickets are being mailed to us, that they will be mailed from the US. It would be cuttin' it a little too close for comfort if they were being shipped from the UK.

However it gets sorted, I'm not available for that right now.

Off to an emergency doctor's visit because what started off as bronchitis that should have cleared with antibiotics has been getting steadily worse since I started treatment six days ago.

I am going to cry if I'm stuck in the hospital when Mika plays Seattle.

The bad news is that I've got walkin' pneumonia.

The good news is that I've got teenage mutant ninja antibiotics and am expected to be right as rain by the time Mika is in Seattle :wub2:

Go Ninja antibiotics!!!!!!

You WILL be well for MIKA!

Sending positive vibes your way...

What are people going to be up to during the hours leading up to gig?

Are people planning on sitting in front of the building all day or lining up half an hour before the show or...?

I thought I'd ask now since I'll be in Seattle all that day and don't actually have anything planned yet. I don't really want to go hang out in front of The Moore all by myself for a day :naughty:

I plan to not line up AT ALL. That is the joy of having seats. :naughty:

We don't get into Seattle until 3:30 and then we have to check into a hotel (if we ever book one :teehee:) and get ready.

What time is it supposed to start? 8 pm? Is there a bar inside? At Sadler's Wells everyone hung out in the lobby drinking and chatting before the show and at intermission. Must have been 100 MFCers there, it was like our own convention! :biggrin2:

I will be at work until 5pm that day. Then, I will need to rush home, make sure the boy is ready (he probably won't be), get myself ready, sit in rush hour traffic on the way to the venue, then scour the area for a parking spot. Goodness, at that rate, I very well may end up missing the opening act! :blink:

I plan to not line up AT ALL. That is the joy of having seats. :naughty:

We don't get into Seattle until 3:30 and then we have to check into a hotel (if we ever book one :teehee:) and get ready.

What time is it supposed to start? 8 pm? Is there a bar inside? At Sadler's Wells everyone hung out in the lobby drinking and chatting before the show and at intermission. Must have been 100 MFCers there, it was like our own convention! :biggrin2:

Yeah, we do enough queueing for these GA gigs, I don't intend to get there early when we have the luxury of a reserved seat. :roftl:

And Sadlers Wells in London was insane. There really must have been 100 MFCers there, and CazGirl and I counted; from almost 20 countries. It was fantastic. :mf_lustslow:

So If I am all sparkly, you won't be embarrassed to be seen with me??? LOL

:mf_rosetinted:

Embarrassed?! No way! So I have that whole day off work, and Tuesday too as it turns out. Do you still want to go together? I'm so looking forward to meeting MFCers!! (even if I've been a bad fan and have't loged on in forever)