Request for Site Accessibilty Accommodation

riverstwilight

Dear Moderators and Site Designers for the MFC,

The new website design is lovely in its intent to make us feel more integrated with the official Mikasounds website while celebrating the launch of Mika's new album. However, many of us are suffering eye strain and migraines as a result of the new design.

This physical pain is preventing several members from participating in the ways that they did before the new site design went public. This is not merely an inconvenience for those who suffer pain, but also a sadness for those who miss the people who have had their access to the site limited by their physical pain.

As a member of the group, who is suffering physical pain because of the new design, I am submitting this letter requesting that the site administrators consider making the site as accessible for its members as it used to be.

I have done all I can to minimize my suffering by dimming my screen as low as I can without making it black, making sure that my display settings are as gentle on my eyes as they can be, and typing my posts in a text editor before opening the site and pasting my posts into the form that will post my text onto the forum. Despite these actions, my accessibility to the site is still limited by the physical pain caused by the new design.

I humbly request the aid of the moderators and site designers to make this site as accessible as it used to be. Can the colors be adjusted to be less neon in nature? Can the old design be re-instated until the kinks are worked out of the new design? Do we have any options that would make everybody satisfied with the outcome of this request?

If the site cannot be made more accessible, my participation in the group will be limited to the point that I may have to cease participation entirely. Please, help me avoid that outcome. This community means the world to me. I don't want to leave if there is any way to avoid that outcome.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggestion for possible compromise:

By changing all black elements on the site to navy blue, the majority of the eye strain can be alleviated while still paying homage to Mikasounds.

that's a good idea to me

i like the new look very much but the black is annoying my sight as well

How about having this as a default setting (since it IS the colours of the new artwork after all), and then having different skins that the members can choose on their own settings page?

I think this is the route we're going to take. For the second theme we can try the blue background as Rivers suggested and there is also an option to change the opacity of the background which just generally dims the whole page and takes the edge off the glare. We can experiment on the second theme a bit until we get something that's comfortable for people who are experiencing eyestrain as most members and guests will be using the main theme.

I just need to speak to StandardToaster about setting up an additional theme so give us another day or so to get something in place. :thumb_yello: