"Adventures in Mubbinland" - THE MUBBIN THREAD

Lolliepop_girl

Maybe. But wasn't he quite frivolous in his teen years when it came to... Um... "Empty loving?"

:teehee:

As in from One Foot Boy? Yes, I think so. But he did say he disliked it ("makes me seasick")... I always thought that meant that he hated it when people went out with him just for the status... like seeing someone on 13 February just for the card the next day. Or maybe he got the feeling that people went out with him as an experiment, to see how weird he was. I hate how people do that...

Maybe he did try "Empty loving" and then felt bad? On a side note, there is the train ticket from Valentine's Day '96?

:teehee:

As in from One Foot Boy? Yes, I think so. But he did say he disliked it ("makes me seasick")... I always thought that meant that he hated it when people went out with him just for the status... like seeing someone on 13 February just for the card the next day. Or maybe he got the feeling that people went out with him as an experiment, to see how weird he was. I hate how people do that...

Maybe he did try "Empty loving" and then felt bad? On a side note, there is the train ticket from Valentine's Day '96?

Wait, I was away a few days and got to thinking: Mubbina's being the mubbin form of GGG would explain her absence in the "Beautiful Freaks" picture!

All the mubbins, BG, LPG, BB, Dr John and even Mika make appearances but she's not there...

And nor is Toy Boy BTW...

The song is unappologetic about being different and wanting to go places (or do things that people might think are a bit wack) and I think maybe he says "Empty loving makes me seasick" because, as you said, he did it but didn't feel good about it. He went through a very dark time I think and maybe HE was the one experimenting (with sexuality, identity and trying on different things to learn what he liked and what he didn't like so he knew whether to do it more or not at all) and so yeah... But he got asked about the V-day ticket and he didn't really answer it did he?

Once again, I heard about this from OMM and he sort of just said something about the date and made it seem like it didn't mean so much to him because how old was he in 96? (his words, not mine. I also remember he tried to add it up and then gave up trying the mental maths :roftl::fangurl:) so I'm not really sure. But isn't it on the same page as those mean letters?

I'm a little rusty on it all seeing as I don't actually have the album near me. I haven't seen it since I handed it over to a trusted friend, along with all the contense of my Mika-box because I was fearing for its safety. That was around february or late january :wink2:

Wait, I was away a few days and got to thinking: Mubbina's being the mubbin form of GGG would explain her absence in the "Beautiful Freaks" picture!

All the mubbins, BG, LPG, BB, Dr John and even Mika make appearances but she's not there...

And nor is Toy Boy BTW...

The song is unappologetic about being different and wanting to go places (or do things that people might think are a bit wack) and I think maybe he says "Empty loving makes me seasick" because, as you said, he did it but didn't feel good about it. He went through a very dark time I think and maybe HE was the one experimenting (with sexuality, identity and trying on different things to learn what he liked and what he didn't like so he knew whether to do it more or not at all) and so yeah... But he got asked about the V-day ticket and he didn't really answer it did he?

Once again, I heard about this from OMM and he sort of just said something about the date and made it seem like it didn't mean so much to him because how old was he in 96? (his words, not mine. I also remember he tried to add it up and then gave up trying the mental maths :roftl::fangurl:) so I'm not really sure. But isn't it on the same page as those mean letters?

I'm a little rusty on it all seeing as I don't actually have the album near me. I haven't seen it since I handed it over to a trusted friend, along with all the contense of my Mika-box because I was fearing for its safety. That was around february or late january :wink2:

To the CD rack!!! :original:

I also have a "MIKAbox" full of press cuttings etc., and I think the V-day ticket stuff was from the Sunday Times Culture Magazine (STCM?) but can't be sure as I've lost mine moving house a few months ago :doh: I wonder if it was possible he was just dodging the question. He was in London School of Economics, after all...

Also, on V-day 96 he was almost exactly 12 and a half, which is a little young for "empty loving" if you ask me :naughty:

I didn't think the ticket was on the Rain letters page, I thought it was one on the front cover and one on the diary page, in the deluxe edition at least.

Yes, the letters are really mean. One of the people in there I should like to give a punch in the face, the "Remember, nobody likes a loser" letter writer. I bet they're kicking themself now.

Do you think that they are actually letters written though? Some of them feel to me like they've been translated or really dramatised to be artistic more than serious. But tragic at the same time. Like a sad mine rather than a sad man in the rain. If that makes sense?

Maybe he's being clever about the numbers. Is there something like a 96th platform? Or somethingfor the station to do with the numbers 6 and 9 possibly?

IDK, it's so much less obvious than LICM isn't it?! :roftl: