"Adventures in Mubbinland" - THE MUBBIN THREAD

Lolliepop_girl

• 3 months later...

So I talked about this on Twitter, but I think that since Katy Perry fans are Katy Cats and GaGa fans are Little Monsters, etc., and Mika fans are MUCH more dedicated than any other fans around :thumb_yello: I think that Mika fans deserve a nickname too!

I suggested we call ourselves Mubbins! Most people seemed to love the idea :biggrin2: What do you guys think?

So I talked about this on Twitter, but I think that since Katy Perry fans are Katy Cats and GaGa fans are Little Monsters, etc., and Mika fans are MUCH more dedicated than any other fans around :thumb_yello: I think that Mika fans deserve a nickname too!

I suggested we call ourselves Mubbins! Most people seemed to love the idea :biggrin2: What do you guys think?

I just like the term "fan" personally....

Hmm...

I'll call myself a MUBBIN if others start to. But I'm not going to do it to begin with if I forget.

A mubbin I am. I think it'll almost definately grow on me :wink2:

Maybe you should make a new thread with a poll? :naughty:

I've got pictures of the charms but no good ones of the necklace, but I just put them on different strings, so nothing fancy. Also, there are no Mubbinas, because she broke, multiple times, but I'm definitly going to make more and try again. Maybe a face on Narco and Astor with his hat as well.

mubbins-1.jpg

Astor, Drinky, and Narco. The first three went on separate necklaces and then the last three I put on a necklace for Mika.

I wish I had seen this thread before! I bet if I had they'd look a lot cooler :aah:

Those are awesome!!! :biggrin2:

I was out at a friends ranch where they do horse riding tourist treks. Today they got two new geldings, a bay and a chestnut/appaloosa.

The chestnut was half asleep in the sun. I suggested we name him Narco. Everyone loved it.

Then I had the brilliant idea to name the other horse Astor :teehee:

• 1 month later...
(Please don't tell me there's a thread like this! I looked! I LOOKED!)

This is the thread for those new characters "The Mubbins"

If you'd like to be added to a fans list then request here (as with all the other character threads from the first album) and I'm hoping we can post anything Mubbin-related here as well :wink2:

So I looked at the album art a bit closer last night (actually used an electric magnafying glass) and read the Mubbin Story.

Here is the writing from it (I can't give you pictures sorry :()

(1st picture - Front cover)

*Narco is pearing in from outside the window on the bottom left corner*

(3rd picture)

*All 4 Mubbins in storybook-cover pose*

ADVENTURES IN MUBBINLAND"

(5th picture)

*All Mubbins shown - Mubbina with arms in the air, Astor pointing to the rainbow water, Narco sleeping and Drinky leaning against a tree with arms folded.*

"What happened to us?" Asked Mubbina. "Will we be like this forever?"

"Must have been the water" Said Astor, Pointing.

"We should have stuck to the cider" Said Drinky. Meanwhile, Narco slept, unaware of his new appearance.

(6th picture)

*Drinky lying with bottles littered around and an unsmoked cigerette next to him*

He blamed it on his mother, for the things she said, on his father, even though he's dead. On anyone but himself.

(10th picture)

*A poster saying "MISSING: THE GOOD GONE GIRL" with a picture of the good gone girl and Mubbina sits near to it, crying*

And mubbina cried , and cried...

(12th picture)

*Mubbina is coming out of the page with her little handbag and in the distance, Narco sleeps against a tree. Outside of the page and in front of the book is Drinky with a kind of staff with a skull on the end of it. He is standing on a voodoo doll.*

Together they would go on adventures to fantasy lands...

Anyone have some analysis on this?

Oh yes and the picture opposite the credits (picture 13) has that picture below the class photo with all the characters from LICM and TBWKTM - Mubbins included was great!

MORE PICTURES ON PAGE TWO

I love his artwork for the albums the Mubbins are soo cute i love them. I love Narco =).

xx

Does anyone feel like there are bits from the AIM story that are missing?

Yes... in

MIKA says the idea for the video is that he's run away from home - hence the Missing milk carton at the beginning. I think he also says that the Mubbins have run away from home before the start of the book, as we see it...

This is my theory on the story:

Four teenage friends/acquaintances want to, for various teenager-y reasons, leave home. They start to "stray from the beaten track" and *ahem* experiment :blink: I got this from Drinky saying on picture five "We should have stuck to cider".

Somewhere along the line (later than this, as the water gives them a Mubbin-not-teenager appearance) Mubbina regrets leaving and misses her life back home (picture ten). She "cried, and cried..." :crybaby:

Also along the line, probably around the same time in the story, Drinky starts blaming other people for what happens to him - "his mother... his father... anyone but himself" - picture six. :badmood:

After a while, most of the group adapt to their new world. Astor, with his Napoleon Complex (shall we call this NC?), tries to solve the mystery, and help them. I think Mubbina looks a little sad in picture twelve - maybe she's smiling through her tears; "grin and bear it" etc...?

Narco just... sleeps, and Drinky stays bitter and hurtful (he's stabbing a voodoo pin into the doll [Toy Boy?] at the end).

Also, here is MIKA's "Behind The Artwork" video, which has quite a bit about Mubbins. I can't remember how much, as my computer won't play it, but it's really interesting anyway...

I've kind of made this up as I've gone along, so please let me know what you think... :wink2:

I've got pictures of the charms but no good ones of the necklace, but I just put them on different strings, so nothing fancy. Also, there are no Mubbinas, because she broke, multiple times, but I'm definitly going to make more and try again. Maybe a face on Narco and Astor with his hat as well.

mubbins-1.jpg

Astor, Drinky, and Narco. The first three went on separate necklaces and then the last three I put on a necklace for Mika.

I wish I had seen this thread before! I bet if I had they'd look a lot cooler :aah:

they are awesomee i want Mubbin necklaces =)

you should make lots and you could sell them or something lol i'd buy them lol :biggrin2:

xx

Yes... in
MIKA says the idea for the video is that he's run away from home - hence the Missing milk carton at the beginning. I think he also says that the Mubbins have run away from home before the start of the book, as we see it...

This is my theory on the story:

Four teenage friends/acquaintances want to, for various teenager-y reasons, leave home. They start to "stray from the beaten track" and *ahem* experiment :blink: I got this from Drinky saying on picture five "We should have stuck to cider".

Somewhere along the line (later than this, as the water gives them a Mubbin-not-teenager appearance) Mubbina regrets leaving and misses her life back home (picture ten). She "cried, and cried..." :crybaby:

Also along the line, probably around the same time in the story, Drinky starts blaming other people for what happens to him - "his mother... his father... anyone but himself" - picture six. :badmood:

After a while, most of the group adapt to their new world. Astor, with his Napoleon Complex (shall we call this NC?), tries to solve the mystery, and help them. I think Mubbina looks a little sad in picture twelve - maybe she's smiling through her tears; "grin and bear it" etc...?

Narco just... sleeps, and Drinky stays bitter and hurtful (he's stabbing a voodoo pin into the doll [Toy Boy?] at the end).

Also, here is MIKA's "Behind The Artwork" video, which has quite a bit about Mubbins. I can't remember how much, as my computer won't play it, but it's really interesting anyway...

I've kind of made this up as I've gone along, so please let me know what you think... :wink2:

Yeah, that sounds right. Something about a rainbow waterfall and teens running away from school because they hate it.

Why did Mika want to run away? He said the Mubbins were like versions of himself (I think in the Observer Music Monthly last year). I mean, we know he didn't have a good school life but what about his family?

Hey, random fact: Napolion complex isn't what it's actually called. It's one term used because Napolion was a short man who conquered places to make up for what height he lacked. But truthfully, Napolian was average height for a man back in his day. His guard happened to be very tall, thus, making him look short.

That's what I heard anyway :wink2:

Yeah, that sounds right. Something about a rainbow waterfall and teens running away from school because they hate it.

Why did Mika want to run away? He said the Mubbins were like versions of himself (I think in the Observer Music Monthly last year). I mean, we know he didn't have a good school life but what about his family?

Hey, random fact: Napoleon complex isn't what it's actually called. It's one term used because Napoleon was a short man who conquered places to make up for what height he lacked. But truthfully, Napoleon was average height for a man back in his day. His guard happened to be very tall, thus, making him look short.

That's what I heard anyway :wink2:

Ha, now I'm going to obsess over Astor's "psychological handicap". From the look of the second school photo, he's the tallest of the Mubbins...

Yes, I read the OMM article. I think I've at least got an idea as to why Mubbina would want to run away.

In picture ten, where Mubbina is crying in the forest, she is next to a Missing poster asking about Good Gone Girl, who REALLY resembles her.

In a Radio 1 Live Lounge interview from when TBWKTM came out, MIKA said GGG was about a (small-town?) girl who made it big.

SO I was thinking Mubbina was the GGG who got tired of her non-stop lifestyle, paparazzi, etc., and ran away.

BUT then they drink the rainbow water, and she can't go back, and regrets it?

Coming back to the "Why did MIKA run away?", I'm not sure. It seems to me that, from interviews and songs, we've got a pretty good idea of his childhood, but he's nowhere near as open about the TBWKTM years. I think if he DID run away, it might just be because he had an argument with a family member and stormed off. Mind you, I think he must have made up, as he now lives in his parents' house :biggrin2:

Ooh! New thought: given that Rain's lyrics are taken from a break-up letter, maybe it was just lots of things at once: bad time at school, arguments at home, AND a breakup... I think most teenagers would run away, if only for a few days. I'm probably wrong by miles, though. :)

Ha, now I'm going to obsess over Astor's "psychological handicap". From the look of the second school photo, he's the tallest of the Mubbins...

Yes, I read the OMM article. I think I've at least got an idea as to why Mubbina would want to run away.

In picture ten, where Mubbina is crying in the forest, she is next to a Missing poster asking about Good Gone Girl, who REALLY resembles her.

In a Radio 1 Live Lounge interview from when TBWKTM came out, MIKA said GGG was about a (small-town?) girl who made it big.

SO I was thinking Mubbina was the GGG who got tired of her non-stop lifestyle, paparazzi, etc., and ran away.

BUT then they drink the rainbow water, and she can't go back, and regrets it?

Coming back to the "Why did MIKA run away?", I'm not sure. It seems to me that, from interviews and songs, we've got a pretty good idea of his childhood, but he's nowhere near as open about the TBWKTM years. I think if he DID run away, it might just be because he had an argument with a family member and stormed off. Mind you, I think he must have made up, as he now lives in his parents' house :biggrin2:

Ooh! New thought: given that Rain's lyrics are taken from a break-up letter, maybe it was just lots of things at once: bad time at school, arguments at home, AND a breakup... I think most teenagers would run away, if only for a few days. I'm probably wrong by miles, though. :)

OMG you are a jenious about Mubbina-vs-GGG!

I thought Rain was written more recently than his TBWKTM years. Possibly he may have had a hard time with his family for a while?

Like how his mother knew more about his secret life than he knew at the time. And how she said he was either going to end up famous or in prison (I think?). And then there was school which we all know was less than perfect... Yeah...

OMG you are a jenious about Mubbina-vs-GGG!

I thought Rain was written more recently than his TBWKTM years. Possibly he may have had a hard time with his family for a while?

Like how his mother knew more about his secret life than he knew at the time. And how she said he was either going to end up famous or in prison (I think?). And then there was school which we all know was less than perfect... Yeah...

Thanks! :biggrin2:

"Famous or in prison", haha that's brilliant! I think a lot of celebrities, especially musicians/artists are like that (Lady Gaga?)... "Too weird for the real world!"

I got the impression that Rain was a breakup letter from the TBWKTM years, which he sent and only remembered when it came to writing TBWKTM...? Idk

Thanks! :biggrin2:

"Famous or in prison", haha that's brilliant! I think a lot of celebrities, especially musicians/artists are like that (Lady Gaga?)... "Too weird for the real world!"

I got the impression that Rain was a breakup letter from the TBWKTM years, which he sent and only remembered when it came to writing TBWKTM...? Idk

Maybe. But wasn't he quite frivolous in his teen years when it came to... Um... "Empty loving?"