Mini MFCer on the way!!!!!

sunshine931

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Louise sounds like a good name to me. :mf_rosetinted: And it doesn't end in an A. :mf_rosetinted: Just sayin'. :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Well actually in Québec we do have some people named Louise... however they're mostly over 40!! So to me it doesn't sound like a name for a little baby hehe... sorry!

Well actually in Québec we do have some people named Louise... however they're mostly over 40!! So to me it doesn't sound like a name for a little baby hehe... sorry!

Yep:mf_rosetinted:

How about Nicole? (and no, that's not my name.... Ooh, I just had a Ting Tings flash):naughty:

Same comment applies... in Québec, people named Nicole are mostly over 40! Once again a name I can't imagine for a little baby... plus my aunt is named Nicole lolll!!

See, I've always told people I have an old lady name. :roftl:

Well I don't know about the rest of the continent... I do know that some names are used for young people amongst the "english speakers" in North America and those same names are mainly used for older people here in Québec for us "french speakers"

Well I don't know about the rest of the continent... I do know that some names are used for young people amongst the "english speakers" in North America and those same names are mainly used for older people here in Québec for us "french speakers"

Well, I learned something new today. :aah:

:roftl::roftl: no! not really, but it's a very popular name

I'm quite picky with names... I don't want it to be a very common name, meaning I don't want 3 other little girls in her class to have the same name as her... but at the same time I don't want it to be weird and have people pick on her because of her name... and I don't want it to be the name of somebody I know... regardless of of the fact I like the person or not...

I'm horrible at this, even if it is just suggestions. Thank goodness I'm not the one having a child. :lol3:

lolll!!! Well I think mostly it's hard to suggest names for someone who doesn't speak the same language and is not from the same "culture"... meaning you may end up suggesting names that can't be pronounced properly in french or old people's names :roftl::roftl:

I'm quite picky with names... I don't want it to be a very common name, meaning I don't want 3 other little girls in her class to have the same name as her... but at the same time I don't want it to be weird and have people pick on her because of her name... and I don't want it to be the name of somebody I know... regardless of of the fact I like the person or not...

oh i know what you mean! i was the same way with my kids

You could always start a new trend!!

OK, apart from my own name, I'm all tapped out of French names.

I remember when my cousin was born, they named her Lauren, and it seemed like such a grown ups name that I couldn't imagine it on a baby. But it worked for her, and then a bit further down the track, one of my older cousins had a baby and named her Lauren as well. All of these people were babies once, even the ladies who are over 70.

You could always start a new trend!!

OK, apart from my own name, I'm all tapped out of French names.

I remember when my cousin was born, they named her Lauren, and it seemed like such a grown ups name that I couldn't imagine it on a baby. But it worked for her, and then a bit further down the track, one of my older cousins had a baby and named her Lauren as well. All of these people were babies once, even the ladies who are over 70.

Lol I know all those people were babies once... but you know when I hear a name like "Yvette", I immediatly think of a grand-mother... not a little baby! lol!!

I see there are two trends right now in Québec as far as names are concerned...

1- European names, mostly from France...

2- "Old names"...

I'm very fond of trend number one... but not trend number 2 lol!!

Lol I know all those people were babies once... but you know when I hear a name like "Yvette", I immediatly think of a grand-mother... not a little baby! lol!!

I see there are two trends right now in Québec as far as names are concerned...

1- European names, mostly from France...

2- "Old names"...

I'm very fond of trend number one... but not trend number 2 lol!!

So it sounds like you need some suggestions from the European MFC'ers, as I have no idea what the trendy names in Europe are LOL!!