Mika in Vienna, Austria at Gasometer

Christine

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it, I am not used to looking for flights so all I can find is some for bout £700+ extras return and that doesnt include travel to and from airports, I need to know where to look for cheap flights lol.

The only airports that fly direct are Gatwick, Heathrow and Jersey. THe reason they're so expensive otherwise is that you'll have to get an internal flight down to London and then change. :thumb_yello:

Yeah, recorded delivery is really fast when it's not going out of the country. :aah:

Sigh, I miss British post, so reliable... Mind you, a week for my Munich ticket to arrive here was pretty quick...

Sigh, I miss British post, so reliable... Mind you, a week for my Munich ticket to arrive here was pretty quick...

......When Royal Mail are good, they're very very good, but when they're bad they're terrible. Swings and roundabouts really. :roftl:

......When Royal Mail are good, they're very very good, but when they're bad they're terrible. Swings and roundabouts really. :roftl:

True, but Royal Mail are much better than the Italian post, they've lost so much stuff that friends and family have sent me from home :aah:

Yeah, recorded delivery is really fast when it's not going out of the country. :aah:

:naughty:

I'm at a loss for words...I can't think in words...I don't know what's with me...I can only manifest through smilies today. :roftl:

True, but Royal Mail are much better than the Italian post, they've lost so much stuff that friends and family have sent me from home :aah:

Ah I wouldn't know about the Italian post, all I know is that I received a gift from a friend in NYC and when I got it it had been ripped open so they could have a good gander and see if there was anything worth nicking.

:naughty:

I'm at a loss for words...I can't think in words...I don't know what's with me...I can only manifest through smilies today. :roftl:

Hahaha just one of those days is it? Never mind. You'll feel the same after the gig so this is good prep!

Hey Everyone!

ONLY 16 DAYS LEFT! YAY!

:mf_lustslow:

So I'm already into planning and I was just wondering how early do you guys go to the actual concert (considering that it's a smaller gig)??? thanx!

I meant to ask the same, when do you guys plan to come in front of the venue?:blink:

And also, could someone plese tell me what time concert starts? My ticket is not with me so I have no idea. :blush-anim-cl:

Hahaha just one of those days is it? Never mind. You'll feel the same after the gig so this is good prep!

:naughty::wink2:

Hey Everyone!

ONLY 16 DAYS LEFT! YAY!

:mf_lustslow:

So I'm already into planning and I was just wondering how early do you guys go to the actual concert (considering that it's a smaller gig)??? thanx!

Yay! :lol3:

ok...I've been thinking and thinking about this since September. The thing is that I'll be staying at a very close by hotel and it won't take much time getting there...also the hotel and the venue are out of Vienna and paranoid and organizational freak as I am can't think of ever leaving that area (hotel+venue) on the 29th (the day of the gig)...so...I'm gonna wake up at 8 I think and go have breakfast and then will go and dress up (perhaps doing my speshul make-up there , if not, I'll do it in the queue) and then go queueing. So I think I'll be there around 9:30-10:00 a.m.

Call me crazy but it is my first General Admission kind of concert and I don't want to be anywhere else but in the front row. :naughty:

I meant to ask the same, when do you guys plan to come in front of the venue?:blink:

And also, could someone plese tell me what time concert starts? My ticket is not with me so I have no idea. :blush-anim-cl:

the concert will deffo start around 8.00 p.m. and the doors will be opened at 6.00 p.m. I think and the opening act will come and Mika usually comes up at 9.00p.m-9.30p.m. :wink2:

:naughty::wink2:

Yay! :lol3:

ok...I've been thinking and thinking about this since September. The thing is that I'll be staying at a very close by hotel and it won't take much time getting there...also the hotel and the venue are out of Vienna and paranoid and organizational freak as I am can't think of ever leaving that area (hotel+venue) on the 29th (the day of the gig)...so...I'm gonna wake up at 8 I think and go have breakfast and then will go and dress up (perhaps doing my speshul make-up there , if not, I'll do it in the queue) and then go queueing. So I think I'll be there around 9:30-10:00 a.m.

Call me crazy but it is my first General Admission kind of concert and I don't want to be anywhere else but in the front row. :naughty:

the concert will deffo start around 8.00 p.m. and the doors will be opened at 6.00 p.m. I think and the opening act will come and Mika usually comes up at 9.00p.m-9.30p.m. :wink2:

wow :shocked: ok, that's early...but then again it's been done even earlier:naughty:

it's my first Mika's gig in general, and I definitely want to actually see something and not to be somewhere in the back and considering my hight (midget!:mf_rosetinted:) it's enough one average man to completely block my view:aah: but on the other hand it's my first time in Vienna too, and I don't want to spend one whole day standing in the one spot :boxed: so...I don't know :dunno: I'll see...

wow :shocked: ok, that's early...but then again it's been done even earlier:naughty:

it's my first Mika's gig in general, and I definitely want to actually see something and not to be somewhere in the back and considering my hight (midget!:mf_rosetinted:) it's enough one average man to completely block my view:aah: but on the other hand it's my first time in Vienna too, and I don't want to spend one whole day standing in the one spot :boxed: so...I don't know :dunno: I'll see...

don't panic guys! I may be the only one queueing for the whole day until 4 o'clock in the afternoon...so, you're not losing anything. I just told you my plans. :wink2:

I don't think it is necesarelly to be there at 10 am this is not London to be there so early and I don't think many people are going to queue at that time .I think 11am-12am is ok

ok so I'll be there at 10:00

you'll be there at 11-12...what a difference! :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Aaaah in two weeks I will be having my pre-flight nap!!

Is it bad I've already chosen my outfit? Is it? Oh dear. It is.

never worry. I chose it ages ago X'DDD:roftl:

by the way, I'm aching to get my hands on Mika merch - where exactly will i be able to get it? and is it better to buy it before or after the gig?

I'm such a newbie *hides*

Edited by alexandra94

Aaaah in two weeks I will be having my pre-flight nap!!

Is it bad I've already chosen my outfit? Is it? Oh dear. It is.

I'm sticking to the same outfit I had in London - just with a few extra layers!! I know I'll still be cold though :roftl:

Just realised that I have a "Pre gig excitement syndrome" :roftl: (thought of opening a thread for it...but I'll post it here firstly:

The first stage - Counting down the months

This was 5 months ago, at the end of September when I bought the tickets (well, mum did...anyway)

The second stage - passing the critical first half

The new year's arrival. That's when I knew it was finally 2010 and in March I'll be in Vienna.

The third stage - panic! Time goes by...so slowly

the part between January and the end of March when I literally had nothing to do (besides from school) and the days were moving like snails.

The fourth stage - the month before

the February bit when I realized there isn't too much time left...but still...

The fifth stage - March finally

when the month of the gig eventually arrived and it seems like everything you could've done until now has to be done until the 29th...and there are a lot of things! :aah: also...these last minute things cannot be done well enough because I can't think of anything else but the gig!

The sixth stage - denial

Is the 2 week-period before the gig when I actually can't believe it is happening and now the time has finally started to move faster.

The seventh stage - the week before

this is the week when all the last minute things need solving:

-outfit

-pressie for Moosie

-the props

-the make-up kit

oh and also the proper trip planning. :lmfao:

The eighth stage - the departure

the exciting trip TO Vienna which is so exciting keeping your head a bit off the gig and getting you busy with the formalities of travelling to another country...even so...I'm all smiles.

The nineth stage - checking out the venue exterior

You know, when you arrive in the city of the gig...you want to see the venue...well, that just boosts the excitement 10 times more.

The last stage - the day of the concert

meeting the MFCrs and talking about stuff is the BONUS! :thumb_yello:

:lmfao:

The end.

That sounds exactly like me before the London gig!! :lmfao: Suddenly it got to a point where there wasn't monthsandmonthsandmonths left, but only a few weeks to get everything sorted!