Mika in Vienna, Austria at Gasometer

Christine

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:Update:

This is my flag, the one that will make me visible as MFCr in the queue. :wink2:

230320101253.jpg

Look out for it! I'll be there!

EASTERN EUROPE!!!! This is OUR gig! :yay::pbjt:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=ro&ie=UTF8&q=gasometer+vienna&fb=1&gl=ro&hq=gasometer&hnear=vienna&cid=0,0,15961945929451580041&ei=rLzMSuDuHouCmwP6qOnfBQ&ll=48.185603,16.420891&spn=0.006538,0.019205&z=16&iwloc=A

plan-gasometer_b-halleedit.jpg

ACCOMODATION:

Ok, here's a hotel (a really cheap and good one) REALLY close to the venue:

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-3706-etap-hotel-etap-hotel-wien-sankt-marx/index.shtml

mapdataedit.gif

I've stayed in one of them in Paris, and it's really OK if you come for the gig only. :wink2:

Edited by B!anka

I might be going as well even though I live in the North. :teehee: I've always wanted to see Vienna.

Would love to meet the genius behind the Mika-doll! :biggrin2:

Well 70% sure

Come on Marianne it would be great to see you again :biggrin2:

Oh...until Monday it'll be 100% sure! :naughty:

So I've looked at flights and hotels and I've decided that yes, I'm going, because I'm that insane.

What are student loands for, if not to spend on seeing Mika abroad?

And I know I'll feel so guilty about spending so much money that I'll make myself get a job. Sorted!

So I've looked at flights and hotels and I've decided that yes, I'm going, because I'm that insane.

What are student loands for, if not to spend on seeing Mika abroad?

And I know I'll feel so guilty about spending so much money that I'll make myself get a job. Sorted!

Hello hello!

So you've found the thread!

Well...I for the one...I chose Vienna because it's the closest to Romania and besides my mum has always tried to make me go to Vienna because she says it is a beautiful city but I;ve never wanted...and told her I'll go there when Mika has a gig...so... :biggrin2:

And it's quite cheap for me and won't stay too much in Vienna either!

Hello hello!

So you've found the thread!

Well...I for the one...I chose Vienna because it's the closest to Romania and besides my mum has always tried to make me go to Vienna because she says it is a beautiful city but I;ve never wanted...and told her I'll go there when Mika has a gig...so... :biggrin2:

And it's quite cheap for me and won't stay too much in Vienna either!

Yeah I'm just gonna stay the one night, but my flight gets in really early so I can have a look around in the morning and head down to the gig after I check in.

And the pre-sale is at 8am, which is brilliant because if I have a lecture at 9, I won't miss out on the pre-sale, but I don't know when my lectures are yet.

OHH GOSH.

Does anyone know of any hotels close-ish to the venue? I have no clue about this city, so maybe some locals could give a helping hand?

Yeah I'm just gonna stay the one night, but my flight gets in really early so I can have a look around in the morning and head down to the gig after I check in.

And the pre-sale is at 8am, which is brilliant because if I have a lecture at 9, I won't miss out on the pre-sale, but I don't know when my lectures are yet.

OHH GOSH.

Does anyone know of any hotels close-ish to the venue? I have no clue about this city, so maybe some locals could give a helping hand?

I'ma look for some now...apparently I'm more concerned about the Paris at the moment for some reason.

Oh great for you! :biggrin2: your 8 am will be 10am for me: I will be at school and my mum will take care of this issue from work! :aah: crazy!

I'm a bit more concerned about the language...tbh.

Great, we could be in the same hotel then. :thumb_yello:

I've read that everything is within a walking distance in Vienna. It would be great to find a hotel near the gig venue. :biggrin2:

Yeah...:biggrin2:

I'll look for some hotels now...just to find the exact address of the venue. ;)

I'ma look for some now...apparently I'm more concerned about the Paris at the moment for some reason.

Oh great for you! :biggrin2: your 8 am will be 10am for me: I will be at school and my mum will take care of this issue from work! :aah: crazy!

I'm a bit more concerned about the language...tbh.

I suppose Paris will be a lot busier, and April is supposed to be a really nice time to visit so there will be a LOT of tourists there.

Ahh, I couldn't possibly tell my mother I'm going to Vienna to see Mika, she'd murder me. I am *kind of* concerned about the language barrier, but I tend to be all right with picking up a few phrases. I'll just have to study a phrasebook before I go and hope I can get by.

I'm so excited!! :biggrin2:

The venue looks beautiful by the way. All the venues I have seen Mika before have been so modern. This will make a change! :mf_lustslow:

I haven't seen any interior pics of the venue! :teehee: Just the outside!

I suppose Paris will be a lot busier, and April is supposed to be a really nice time to visit so there will be a LOT of tourists there.

Ahh, I couldn't possibly tell my mother I'm going to Vienna to see Mika, she'd murder me. I am *kind of* concerned about the language barrier, but I tend to be all right with picking up a few phrases. I'll just have to study a phrasebook before I go and hope I can get by.

I'm so excited!! :biggrin2:

REALLY? I didn't know that...well last time I've been in June and August...it was Ok...

Yeah, right! they say austrian is quite similar to german! Which I don't know at all anyway... :lol3:

I haven't seen any interior pics of the venue! :teehee: Just the outside!

REALLY? I didn't know that...well last time I've been in June and August...it was Ok...

Yeah, right! they say austrian is quite similar to german! Which I don't know at all anyway... :lol3:

Yeah that's what it said in the guide book when I went to Paris. I know nothing of German, and even less of Austrian, so God only knows how I'll get by.

.numberOfAdults=1&tab=photos&arrivalDate=29-03-2010&hotelId=256281#photos"]This hotel is across the road from the venue. It's £53 per night (the cheapest I found was £49 and it's closer) so for one night I think I can make myself at home here. It's a little bit s****ier than what I'm used to, XD

austrian basically is just german with a dialect, only a few different words - it's a bit like british vs. american english. :wink2: but you should be fine in vienna with english. :wink2:

i like vienna, have great memories of all the concerts i went to there (take that and some other boybands). :wub2: not sure if i'm going to this though, depends on who else is going where and on flight prices.