Mika in Paris, France at Bercy

Christine

When are you leaving for Paris? At the moment, they are talking about 5 more days....not certain but maybe. Amazing how a vulcano can cause such chaos in whole Western Europe! :boxed:

I'm leaving on the 25th, next Sunday. I know it's still a long time to go, but if the volcano won't stop spewing I don't know. I was supposed to look for things to see in Paris today, but instead I stayed glued to CNN :tears: I have a weird feeling. :boxed:

Blanka, try to think about a plan B, just in case ( train for ex)

It's too far away, lilibet, by train. I mean it'd have to be like this: my city-Bucharest, Bucharest-Budapest/Vienna and from there to Paris. It takes 3 days!! let's not even mention the prices. :no: So the plan B is getting used to the idea that I'll stay at home and wait for the reports and pics. :tears:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaving on the 25th, next Sunday. I know it's still a long time to go, but if the volcano won't stop spewing I don't know. I was supposed to look for things to see in Paris today, but instead I stayed glued to CNN :tears: I have a weird feeling. :boxed:

It is long away...and yet again, it isn't, especially if you see the weather forecasts. hell, I'm even starting to get worried for my trip to Namibia in three weeks after all the reports I've seen.

I really hope that the winds will get stronger and blow that cloud away in time....I just heard that they are now testing whether they can fly lower ... first tests by Lufthansa (I think) were positive and KLM is now trying it as well....I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed!!!

It is long away...and yet again, it isn't, especially if you see the weather forecasts. hell, I'm even starting to get worried for my trip to Namibia in three weeks after all the reports I've seen.

I really hope that the winds will get stronger and blow that cloud away in time....I just heard that they are now testing whether they can fly lower ... first tests by Lufthansa (I think) were positive and KLM is now trying it as well....I'll certainly keep my fingers crossed!!!

Yeah I follow "AshAlerts" on Twitter and they have just posted a map of europe and it seems like the Central Europe is clear at the moment. I'm trying my best to think that it'll be ok. :)

Yeah I follow "AshAlerts" on Twitter and they have just posted a map of europe and it seems like the Central Europe is clear at the moment. I'm trying my best to think that it'll be ok. :)

Bianka we need you stay positive and all will be fine!:thumb_yello:

Bianka we need you stay positive and all will be fine!:thumb_yello:

I'm trying Sara! :tears::huglove:

I am a bit more positive and hope they will find a way to fly until next week. Now the otehr concern is that the volcano won't spew any more ash WHILE I"M in PARIS! :shocked:

I'm trying Sara! :tears::huglove:

I am a bit more positive and hope they will find a way to fly until next week. Now the otehr concern is that the volcano won't spew any more ash WHILE I"M in PARIS! :shocked:

I know....being trapped in a foreign place isn't exactly super either. BUT!!! we'll stay positive!!! we have to!!!! XXX

I know....being trapped in a foreign place isn't exactly super either. BUT!!! we'll stay positive!!! we have to!!!! XXX

By the looks of what they say today on CNN and AshAlerts...things look better. The have done those test flights and they're positive. No damage to the aircraft. :dunno:

The annoying thing is that I don't know at the moment if I'm coming or not and there's this doubtful atmosphere that stops me from making any plans. :huh:

By the looks of what they say today on CNN and AshAlerts...things look better. The have done those test flights and they're positive. No damage to the aircraft. :dunno:

The annoying thing is that I don't know at the moment if I'm coming or not and there's this doubtful atmosphere that stops me from making any plans. :huh:

I understand. I'm like that too...If I keep making plans when things are doubtful, I always fear I'll jinx it and it won't happen after all. you know. :boxed:

There's no easy way to put this, but I don't think I'm coming to the gig(s) anymore. :boxed:

One week is nothing for the anger of this volcano. I'm afraid this is not a thing that can change within days, so I'm kissing goodbye all my hopes and dreams that were suuposed to happen in a week. :tears:

It's not only about the weak posibilities of getting there, but there are also other things on risk: our lives, money, job, health. That's too much I'm afraid. I'm usually the most positive and optimistic person, but I just can't keep up with this.

I don't understand why it has to be this way, but it just is. I'm so sad because I was so happy about returning to Paris and now it won't happen.

It really doesn't make me feel any better that I'm not the only one in this situation...for the moment I will have to get used to the idea that my dreams are spread among the mineral and dust particles across the Europe sky.

In tears,

Bianca

Edited by B!anka

I understand. I'm like that too...If I keep making plans when things are doubtful, I always fear I'll jinx it and it won't happen after all. you know. :boxed:

I guess for you it should be easier as Belgium isn't as far away from France as Romania is...but even so, I suppose you're facing the "emergency" prices. :boxed:

I hope you'll make it though! :huglove:

There's no easy way to put this, but I don't think I'm coming to the gig(s) anymore. :boxed:

One week is nothing for the anger of this volcano. I'm afraid this is not a thing that can change within days, so I'm kissing goodbye all my hopes and dreams that were suuposed to happen in a week. :tears:

It's not only about the weak posibilities of getting there, but there are also other things on risk: our lives, money, job, health. That's too much I'm afraid. I'm usually the most positive and optimistic person, but I just can't keep up with this.

I don't understand why it has to be this way, but it just is. I'm so sad because I was so happy about returning to Paris and now it won't happen.

It really doesn't make me feel any better that I'm not the only one in this situation...for the moment I will have to get used to the idea that my dreams are spread among the mineral and dust particles across the Europe sky.

In tears,

Bianca

Volcan de M**** :'( f****** volcan:furious:

I guess for you it should be easier as Belgium isn't as far away from France as Romania is...but even so, I suppose you're facing the "emergency" prices. :boxed:

I hope you'll make it though! :huglove:

No, for me there isn't a problem. I'm getting there by car (with the wonderful Katrien & Priscilla, big hug!!). I'm glad I don't have to get there by train or something, with the strikes and such going on..:shocked:

but dear, I'm so sorry about all this...I think it's horrid that you (and many others) have to miss out on this or other fun things because of that vulcano. :boxed:

:huglove:

No, for me there isn't a problem. I'm getting there by car (with the wonderful Katrien & Priscilla, big hug!!). I'm glad I don't have to get there by train or something, with the strikes and such going on..:shocked:

but dear, I'm so sorry about all this...I think it's horrid that you (and many others) have to miss out on this or other fun things because of that vulcano. :boxed:

:huglove:

They said that they will let out 50% of the flights tomorrow...so...shall I hope for a miracle? :huh::teehee:

They said on twitter.com/ashalerts that the volcano is calming down. They have also sent a KLM test plane on CDG so chances are getting higher...also Romania's main airport opens today! :biggrin2:

Ok...moving the RSVP to maybe. :teehee:

O.K....so, I never thought I will have to write this: PARIS gig is for me no more possible...:crybaby:

there was everything planned more than 6 months and now during few seconds everything is lost...flight is cancelled...:crybaby:

I am really really sad...I can´t describe my feelings now...no words...

sorry for my sorrow...

p.s.: of course if anybody has interest about two standing tickets...you are welcome...they are available...

O.K....so, I never thought I will have to write this: PARIS gig is for me no more possible...:crybaby:

there was everything planned more than 6 months and now during few seconds everything is lost...flight is cancelled...:crybaby:

I am really really sad...I can´t describe my feelings now...no words...

sorry for my sorrow...

p.s.: of course if anybody has interest about two standing tickets...you are welcome...they are available...

OMG I'm so sorry for you. I know what you're going through! :crybaby:

Can't they reschedule your flight or something? :huh:

OMG I'm so sorry for you. I know what you're going through! :crybaby:

Can't they reschedule your flight or something? :huh:

hi B!anka, unfortunatelly no...we planned to go there with my husband...and he is working in ethiopia...so he has to travell from there and it´s no so easy to re-book nothing in this moment...therefor we started so soon, to be sure our tickets, acommodation, e.t.c will be ready and we could enjoy MIKA´s gig...

and now????...no words...

so, I keep my fingers crossed for you:wink2:

hi B!anka, unfortunatelly no...we planned to go there with my husband...and he is working in ethiopia...so he has to travell from there and it´s no so easy to re-book nothing in this moment...therefor we started so soon, to be sure our tickets, acommodation, e.t.c will be ready and we could enjoy MIKA´s gig...

and now????...no words...

so, I keep my fingers crossed for you:wink2:

oh my!!! :crybaby:

that volcano is a nightmare!!! :blowup:

I'm so sorry for you! :huglove: I hope something will make up for this soon...like another gig or another oportunity to visit Paris...though I know it's pretty hard to think about it at the moment. :boxed:

oh my!!! :crybaby:

that volcano is a nightmare!!! :blowup:

I'm so sorry for you! :huglove: I hope something will make up for this soon...like another gig or another oportunity to visit Paris...though I know it's pretty hard to think about it at the moment. :boxed:

thanks for your optimism:wink2:

I am going to prague´s gig during July...so it looks very optimistic for me...and there I could travel by car or train if will be necessary:wink2:

and, yes you are right, I could visit Paris anytime...but MIKA + Paris:wub2:...is the best variant....you know...

and what about your flight?