Mika in Paris, France at Bercy

Christine

Same with Amsterdam back in 2008. My thoughts didn't get anywhere near front row at that time, so we took our time walking in very slowly, while lots and lots and lots of people were running past us. Still had that front row spot. :teehee:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To dispel the panic about the queuing, I remember that for the PDP gig I turned up around 13 or 14 hrs, and still could have gotten front row if I wanted to. I was a bit slow when going in and decided to stand back in the 2nd/3rd row, as it was a great spot and I thought it was easier in order to be with people, and to be further away from the stage (as it was so high), but basically as these big venues are so large, it's not so 'necessary' to be at the very front of the queue in order to get to the front row.....

I'm not going to this gig, but I thought I'd mention it, to avoid the panic.

ah that's good to know, thanx. :thumb_yello: never been to any gigs in france (whether mika or any other artist), just from what i know about some of the french fans when they come to other gigs, and from what i read here about camping out, it's not hard to feel a certain panic. :naughty: i certainly can do without being there at 7 am, if it's up to me! but i'll depend on kanni+antoine+graciosa anyway, staying with them at the place of antoine's friends, so i'll go when they go, whenever that might be. :bleh:

Bercy is a little bit smaller than PDP, though.

but there's no need to worry or start queuing at 6am (:aah:)!

the first row is reeeaaaally big and, except fans, people won't be there before 5 or 6pm!! it's gonna be ok!! :wink2:

:lol3: hahaha camping out?!

on Monday I arrived in the queue in Vienna at 9 and I was number 10...so I was thinking that perhaps I should go in the queue in Paris ever earlier! :aah: but how early...because there's nothing better like the front row and I'm not going all the way there and not getting in the front row. Selfish as it may sound...:blush-anim-cl:

It's not selfish, it's true, but manyyyyyy people will lika to be front row you know, it's Paris... Mfcers from all around Europe and French fans for all around France !

the front row in paris is gonna be a lot bigger though than the one in vienna. :teehee:

btw, i've heard that the numbers system isn't used at the french gigs, is that true? :blink: cause it doesn't really make sense to be there in the early morning if everyone tries to push their way to the front later anyway... :aah:

As Judeline already said, I always saw the numbers system in France :wink2: Don't worry, we even managed to do it for the PDP ! :naughty:

To dispel the panic about the queuing, I remember that for the PDP gig I turned up around 13 or 14 hrs, and still could have gotten front row if I wanted to. I was a bit slow when going in and decided to stand back in the 2nd/3rd row, as it was a great spot and I thought it was easier in order to be with people, and to be further away from the stage (as it was so high), but basically as these big venues are so large, it's not so 'necessary' to be at the very front of the queue in order to get to the front row.....

I'm not going to this gig, but I thought I'd mention it, to avoid the panic.

That's so true !! I'd love to avoid the panic too !

the first row is reeeaaaally big and, except fans, people won't be there before 5 or 6pm!! it's gonna be ok!! :wink2:

+ 1 :wink2:

Please, people don't camp here or arriving here so early...Bercy is smaller than the PDP, so it's not worth it. Honestly, I don't think people should arrive before 9, even if I know some will be there sooooo early.

I did it before, I arrived at dawn for the PDP and as Sariflor said, people next to me were front row and arrived at 12 !

I don't say that for me, because I will be in the seated areas and I work this day so I'll arrive there at 7 PM :sneaky2:

And you French fans will give queueing numbers? I must ask, I'm a bit obsessed with these numbers :roftl: I really look forward to meeting all you :wub2:

Oh good idea Lilli ! :thumb_yello: I didn't remember you were in seated areas !

Well, I'll be with Antoine and Steph, so it'd be so nice all the seated people could be in the same area ! :biggrin2:

Even if I'll arrive late, Antoine will take a seat for me :wink2:

And you French fans will give queueing numbers? I must ask, I'm a bit obsessed with these numbers :roftl: I really look forward to meeting all you :wub2:

Since 2008, we always do it :wink2:

You know, many of the french fans are MFCers even if they don't post very often :wink2:

good. :thumb_yello: i just remember a few months ago i read somewhere on the forum from a french fan (don't remember who it was though) that at the french gigs the numbers system isn't used. but good to hear that that's not true. :thumb_yello:

Actually, for PDP, people did the number system only at around 12 because they had relocated us in another queue so it was a bit of a mess but I think everyone managed their order. Although, I do have to say, some people who arrived after me had a better spot. It's a sheer question of luck in those huge venues, really. :naughty:

Since 2008, we always do it :wink2:

You know, many of the french fans are MFCers even if they don't post very often :wink2:

Yes, I know, and I have met many of you earlier, so actually I didn't panic about this until I saw this thread, lol! :biggrin2: I just started to think queueing might be different at huge venues (not only in France but everywhere), but it doesn't have to be?

I have many lovely memories from Paris gigs :wub2:

Oh Tiibet! You're coming aswell? :fangurl: lookig forward to seeing you again then! :biggrin2:

It's not selfish, it's true, but manyyyyyy people will lika to be front row you know, it's Paris... Mfcers from all around Europe and French fans for all around France !

Please, people don't camp here or arriving here so early...Bercy is smaller than the PDP, so it's not worth it. Honestly, I don't think people should arrive before 9, even if I know some will be there sooooo early.

I did it before, I arrived at dawn for the PDP and as Sariflor said, people next to me were front row and arrived at 12 !

I don't say that for me, because I will be in the seated areas and I work this day so I'll arrive there at 7 PM :sneaky2:

Yeah I know that (first paragraph) but I'll try to make it there in the front row anyhow. I have a bit of an advantage as my hotel is like 2 minutes away from Bercy...right accross the bridge...even close than the one in Vienna. So I dont' have to neccessarily queue from dawn.

And now about your second paragraph...I don't think I'll camp outside since dawn, but in Vienna I thought I'd be the first if I go at 9am...and I wasn't !! I was no 10 ...but I think I'll stick to 9 am...it's ok. :teehee:

Aaaah, looking forward to this gig... Still so long :fisch: Looking forward to having seated places for once! I'm assuming the right side would be the best place to be seated?

I don't know which side is the best.

I didn't know you had seated places ! Are you coming alone ? Hope we'll be close to rock the seating area ! :naughty:

So happy to see many people here. Too bad I can't arrive earlier...

+1 for Deb! please guys!! don't do crazy things!!

and, when you think about it, 9am is already very early for a gig that doesn't start before 8pm ...

Just in order to give a rough estimate PDP can hold 55.000 persons while Bercy maximum is around 16.000-17.000 persons (with seated places) :wink2:

I've already be there, but not in the standing area, the last one was for Gwen Stephany and the crowd was ok!

Concerning the number system : we use the same system even if it's hard with some persons who are not "fans"...but it true that in this huge venue they usually open different gates in the same time (to verify : I'm not 100% sure) so don't take your number for granted : I'm not convinced that arrived before 9AM or aroud 11 make a huge difference...maybe I'm wrong but I perceive that in Zénith, PDP and the others big places where I saw Mika's gigs there is no difference at the end...I think for my part, I will be there around 10-11 AM (too old to be in the queue earlier :naughty:)

Edit : For the seated places I've tried the two sides and I've definitively prefered in Bercy to be in the right side when you are in front the scene : it's seems nearer, for that matter Gwen came in this part to sing with this part of the public ;) ...

Edited by laurence

Yes it's on their site http://www.bercy.fr/infos_pratiques/mode_emploi

"- A l’extérieur/outside : Entrée principale/principal entrance ; porte 27 ; porte 35/36 ; porte 38.

- A l’intérieur/indoors, dans le déambulatoire (couloir périphérique), une lettre alphabétique (de A à Z) est attribuée à chacun des accès à la Salle.

Pour rejoindre facilement votre place, en tribune, dans la fosse, en orchestre ou en loge, regardez bien les informations spécifiées sur vos billets et suivez les instructions ci-dessous : (read carefully informations on your tickets it can help)

- En gradins ou balcons (Portes A à U) :

L’accès s’effectue par l’Entrée principale de Bercy située en haut des marches. Une fois à l’intérieur, 2 escaliers distincts vous permettront de rejoindre les Portes B à J et les Portes H à T, les portes A et U sont directement accessible de l’entrée principale.

- Dans la Fosse ou en Orchestre (Portes V à Z) :

L’accès s’effectue par la Porte 27, en direction du Parc de Bercy

- En Loges

L’accès s’effectue par les Portes 35/36, situées sur le boulevard de Bercy, le long du métro aérien.

Les personnes à mobilité réduite titulaires d’une carte d’invalidité peuvent emprunter la Portes 38 où des ascenseurs vous permettront de rejoindre le déambulatoire pour accéder à vos places sans difficulté."

Actually, for PDP, people did the number system only at around 12 because they had relocated us in another queue so it was a bit of a mess but I think everyone managed their order. Although, I do have to say, some people who arrived after me had a better spot. It's a sheer question of luck in those huge venues, really. :naughty:

Just in order to give a rough estimate PDP can hold 55.000 persons while Bercy maximum is around 16.000-17.000 persons (with seated places) :wink2:

I've already be there, but not in the standing area, the last one was for Gwen Stephany and the crowd was ok!

Concerning the number system : we use the same system even if it's hard with some persons who are not "fans"...but it true that in this huge venue they usually open different gates in the same time (to verify : I'm not 100% sure) so don't take your number for granted : I'm not convinced that arrived before 9AM or aroud 11 make a huge difference...maybe I'm wrong but I perceive that in Zénith, PDP and the others big places where I saw Mika's gigs there is no difference at the end...I think for my part, I will be there around 10-11 AM (too old to be in the queue earlier :naughty:)

i also thought it would be a problem at the big venues with many doors, but thanx to john it worked out just fine in germany and basel - the numbers got an extra queue, kept in order of the numbers and were let in before all the rest. so if you arrive as one of the first 50-100 (depending on how far the list goes, we always stopped at around 60 the latest...) you can be sure to get in before those who arrived late. i hope they keep doing that in france too, it's a perfect system! :thumb_yello: at least if the numbered people agree to stand in line and not start pushing. that's why we stopped at 60, so it would still be manageable. not sure if it works if there are 100 or more numbers like it might be at a huge venue like paris... it always depends on the people... :rolls_eyes:

Yes it's on their site http://www.bercy.fr/infos_pratiques/mode_emploi

"- A l’extérieur/outside : Entrée principale/principal entrance ; porte 27 ; porte 35/36 ; porte 38.

- A l’intérieur/indoors, dans le déambulatoire (couloir périphérique), une lettre alphabétique (de A à Z) est attribuée à chacun des accès à la Salle.

Pour rejoindre facilement votre place, en tribune, dans la fosse, en orchestre ou en loge, regardez bien les informations spécifiées sur vos billets et suivez les instructions ci-dessous : (read carefully informations on your tickets it can help)

L’accès s’effectue par l’Entrée principale de Bercy située en haut des marches. Une fois à l’intérieur, 2 escaliers distincts vous permettront de rejoindre les Portes B à J et les Portes H à T, les portes A et U sont directement accessible de l’entrée principale.

- Dans la Fosse ou en Orchestre (Portes V à Z) :

L’accès s’effectue par la Porte 27, en direction du Parc de Bercy

- En Loges

L’accès s’effectue par les Portes 35/36, situées sur le boulevard de Bercy, le long du métro aérien.

Les personnes à mobilité réduite titulaires d’une carte d’invalidité peuvent emprunter la Portes 38 où des ascenseurs vous permettront de rejoindre le déambulatoire pour accéder à vos places sans difficulté."

so, there's only one door for the standing area!! :thumb_yello:

yes!

:wink2:

i also thought it would be a problem at the big venues with many doors, but thanx to john it worked out just fine in germany and basel - the numbers got an extra queue, kept in order of the numbers and were let in before all the rest. so if you arrive as one of the first 50-100 (depending on how far the list goes, we always stopped at around 60 the latest...) you can be sure to get in before those who arrived late. i hope they keep doing that in france too, it's a perfect system! :thumb_yello: at least if the numbered people agree to stand in line and not start pushing. that's why we stopped at 60, so it would still be manageable. not sure if it works if there are 100 or more numbers like it might be at a huge venue like paris... it always depends on the people... :rolls_eyes:

Yes, I've read that in the CRs of the previous gigs. What a kind thing from John ! Hope they'll manage to do it in France too !

hi everybody:wink2:

at my tickets is written Entree porte 27...

fortunatelly my hotel is very close to bercy, so I will be there soon...based on vienna experience is really good to meet MIKA - MFC fans again:wink2:

hi everybody:wink2:

at my tickets is written Entree porte 27...

fortunatelly my hotel is very close to bercy, so I will be there soon...based on vienna experience is really good to meet MIKA - MFC fans again:wink2:

What hotel are you staying at? :teehee: I'm staying at one right accross Seine.

What hotel are you staying at? :teehee: I'm staying at one right accross Seine.

Pavillon Republique Les Halles at rue Pierre Chausson:wink2:...I was looking for compromise between Bercy and Louvre:blush-anim-cl:...and this one looked as a best choice:wink2:...I hope it will be...and your hotel?

how long will you stay in Paris?