MIKA @ the O2 Academy, Sheffield

dcdeb

I'm going to be there with my mate, probably playing Mika on my phone and singing. ;] Lolz. If you see us, come over and say hi. Coz we're up for meeting people. Plus more people the merrier, might make time go by quicker in the queue. (:

When I've decided what I'm wearing I'll let you know. Hehe

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that sounds amazing! Yes, you're right, spontaneity is the spice of life...unfortunately, for me, things like children, work and money (lack of!) often gets in the way of it, lol!!

Am really looking forward to meeting you and other MFC'ers on Thursday (hope I do anyway!)

Aah spontaneity is all right for me, I'm a student with a big old student loan (and I don't really drink so I've got NOTHING to spend it on) and no job so I can just hop off anywhere at the drop of a hat. I'm making the most of it while I still can.

Gosh I'm getting so excited. Was determined to stay away from the reports and the pictures and the videos from Belfast but...whoops, I guess.

i'm going to sssooo can't wait !!!

just a quick question, does Mika take pictures with his fans after the show ???

Sometime he does, sometimes he doesn't. More usually he will sign things. Sometimes he just waves and goes off to his hotel. You can never tell until the night :naughty:

Thinking of practicalities, what will people do about coats/bags? Do you have to keep them with you during the gig (which'd be a pain) or is there a cloakroom/left luggage place at the O2 where they can be left, does anyone know?

There usually is a cloakroom but it takes tiiiiiime and you'll end up in the middle somewhere. I usually just take a big bag and shove everything in there and stick it down by my feet.

There usually is a cloakroom but it takes tiiiiiime and you'll end up in the middle somewhere. I usually just take a big bag and shove everything in there and stick it down by my feet.

Ah, okay, thanks for the tip, Jazzy, I'll do the bag thing too rather than queue for the cloakroom.

Me neither :boing:

Are you standing or sitting?

Standing. You?

And Jazzy, Day after tomorrow sounds good. Well brilliant. Hehe. My stomach is like doing mini flips. :blush-anim-cl:

What time is everyone getting there for? Coz if I'm in the queue with my friend, feel free to come and speak to us (:

Am in state of panic as ticket hasn't been sent yet and, worse than that, the email I've received states that they (the agents) haven't managed to even make contact with the vendor, let alone get it sent out to me.

It's really not looking good at the moment, and I'm feeling so stressed. I'll get compensated if I don't get the ticket but I don't want that, I want to go to the show!! I was sooo looking forward to it, I'm gutted that I might now miss it afterall.

I'm trying to think positively that it'll all come right in the end, but I'll be so upset if it doesn't happen.

Sorry to be so down when everyone's excited, I just had to get this off my chest a bit.

Edited by SunshineGirl

Am in state of panic as ticket hasn't been sent yet and, worse than that, the email I've received states that they (the agents) haven't managed to even make contact with the vendor, let alone get it sent out to me.

It's really not looking good at the moment, and I'm feeling so stressed. I'll get compensated if I don't get the ticket but I don't want that, I want to go to the show!! I was sooo looking forward to it, I'm gutted that I might now miss it afterall.

I'm trying to think positively that it'll all come right in the end, but I'll be so upset if it doesn't happen.

Sorry to be so down when everyone's excited, I just had to get this off my chest a bit.

Oh no!! That's really crap! Is there anywhere else you can get one from instead? I guess if you're really desperate you could get one at the venue but I'm not sure how much over the odds they'll charge.

I think I'm getting in at about 4ish Sam, but I'm checking into my hotel first so I'll probably get to the venue around half 4/quarter to 5.

Anychance you could ring up the Sheffield Academy and see what they can do? If you have the ticket receipt, they may be able to do something for you Sunshinegirl...I hope so!

And I'm getting into Sheffield about 10-ish I hope, if trains are okay. Then queueing about 2ish or earlier depending on queue status. (: Hehe, waited years for this moment xD I think I've sorted out what I'm wearing aswell.

Anychance you could ring up the Sheffield Academy and see what they can do? If you have the ticket receipt, they may be able to do something for you Sunshinegirl...I hope so!

And I'm getting into Sheffield about 10-ish I hope, if trains are okay. Then queueing about 2ish or earlier depending on queue status. (: Hehe, waited years for this moment xD I think I've sorted out what I'm wearing aswell.

She's not bought it from an official outlet though. The ticket's been bought by someone else and they're selling it through viagogo (I think it was viagogo?) so she doesn't actually have any ownership of it until the transaction goes through.

I'm taking one of my friends to London with me and it's gonna be her first Mika gig too. We were talking about it last night and I think this tour is definitely going to be a memorable way to start your Mika gigging life. It looks LUSH.

She's not bought it from an official outlet though. The ticket's been bought by someone else and they're selling it through viagogo (I think it was viagogo?) so she doesn't actually have any ownership of it until the transaction goes through.

I'm taking one of my friends to London with me and it's gonna be her first Mika gig too. We were talking about it last night and I think this tour is definitely going to be a memorable way to start your Mika gigging life. It looks LUSH.

Ahh right. I don't know how that works so have no advice. "/

And awesome ! I haven't read any of the reports or anything, but I know after I've been I'm going to want to go again. Lolz! :biggrin2:

Standing. You?

And Jazzy, Day after tomorrow sounds good. Well brilliant. Hehe. My stomach is like doing mini flips. :blush-anim-cl:

What time is everyone getting there for? Coz if I'm in the queue with my friend, feel free to come and speak to us (:

Me too :pinkbow: Does you ticket say stalls? Mine does :blink:

I'm going with alice.loves.mika :boing:

Ahh right. I don't know how that works so have no advice. "/

And awesome ! I haven't read any of the reports or anything, but I know after I've been I'm going to want to go again. Lolz! :biggrin2:

Ah you have far more will power than I do. I was sure I was going to stay away from the report theads and the pics and the videos, but I've been somewhat unsuccessful. :roftl:

I've only watched 2 videos though, so I think there'll still be plenty of surprises.

I hope, anyway. :biggrin2:

Ah you have far more will power than I do. I was sure I was going to stay away from the report theads and the pics and the videos, but I've been somewhat unsuccessful. :roftl:

I've only watched 2 videos though, so I think there'll still be plenty of surprises.

I hope, anyway. :biggrin2:

I've still got 2 more days to try and stay away, so I'll see how much willpower I have. Hehe :wink2:

And if 2 videos said it all, that's one short gig. :biggrin2: Lolz! (:

I've still got 2 more days to try and stay away, so I'll see how much willpower I have. Hehe :wink2:

And if 2 videos said it all, that's one short gig. :biggrin2: Lolz! (:

Well Sheffield is the next gig, and I guess you can watch the Brits to give you a Mika fix tonight...you'll be all right, I'm sure.

And OMGGGGG I well can't believe I missed my 2000th post. Psssht.

Well Sheffield is the next gig, and I guess you can watch the Brits to give you a Mika fix tonight...you'll be all right, I'm sure.

And OMGGGGG I well can't believe I missed my 2000th post. Psssht.

Ooh yeah. So I may be able to make it. Hehe.

And congrats on your 2,000th post :biggrin2:

Thanks for your responses guys.

Yes, Jazzy is right, I bought the ticket from viagogo who sell as third parties, they have to contact the seller and let them know they've sold the ticket, then the seller posts the ticket out directly to the buyer. As they can't even get hold of the bloody seller to tell him he's sold the ticket they can't fulfill the transaction, at least at the moment.

I'm praying that in the next few hours they do manage to get hold of him/her and the ticket can be sent to me by special courier or something to ensure I get it in time, but it's really in the lap of the Gods at the moment.

I guess I always knew that buying a ticket so late this way (ie thru' a 3rd party agent) was a bit risky (time-wise if nothing else).

I've phoned the O2 at Sheffield to see if by any chance they had the odd ticket left, but no, nothing.

I've now got one of those tension headaches - ****, this is just a nightmare. :sad: