MIKA @ the O2 Academy, Sheffield

dcdeb

Thanks for your responses guys.

Yes, Jazzy is right, I bought the ticket from viagogo who sell as third parties, they have to contact the seller and let them know they've sold the ticket, then the seller posts the ticket out directly to the buyer. As they can't even get hold of the bloody seller to tell him he's sold the ticket they can't fulfill the transaction, at least at the moment.

I'm praying that in the next few hours they do manage to get hold of him/her and the ticket can be sent to me by special courier or something to ensure I get it in time, but it's really in the lap of the Gods at the moment.

I guess I always knew that buying a ticket so late this way (ie thru' a 3rd party agent) was a bit risky (time-wise if nothing else).

I've phoned the O2 at Sheffield to see if by any chance they had the odd ticket left, but no, nothing.

I've now got one of those tension headaches - ****, this is just a nightmare. :sad:

Gaaaah all I can say is that I hope it works out for you! I'm crossing my fingers!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaaaah all I can say is that I hope it works out for you! I'm crossing my fingers!

Thanks, Jazzy.

Leaving for Liverpool shortly, not sure if the place I'm staying in has wi-fi so may not be able to get on-line over next couple of days.

So... I may see some/all of you guys at Sheffield on Thursday if the miracle I'm praying for happens, but I may not! In case I don't get there, have a great time everyone, I'll be thinking of you!

What time is everyone getting there for?

I only live 10 minutes away so I can get there for anytime, but I'm not too sure on what time because this is my first Mika gig and I don't know what time fans get there for.

It would also be pretty cool to meet up with some fellow MFC people in the queue too (:

Edited by Noelegh

hey

1 day to go :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

does anyone know what time i should get there for?

thanks

Alex

No idea - around middayish I guess? Or maybe early afternoon? I am not a queueing expert :no:

I want to have some lunch first :naughty:

As for the Qing question it depends on 2 things, how bothered are you about being front row and how long do you really think you can bare Qing for?

In Dublin I Qed for about 10 hours with 2 short breaks, it's not the most fun of tasks, you will get cold, your legs will ache and you'll ask yourself more than once "why am I doing this?" but once your in there all that goes away!

As for the Qing question it depends on 2 things, how bothered are you about being front row and how long do you really think you can bare Qing for?

In Dublin I Qed for about 10 hours with 2 short breaks, it's not the most fun of tasks, you will get cold, your legs will ache and you'll ask yourself more than once "why am I doing this?" but once your in there all that goes away!

So you queued from about 9am? :shocked:

So you queued from about 9am? :shocked:

Yep! Went down to check out the venue and try to meet some people who were ariving that morning (no phone so couldn't co-ordinate via twitter) and when I arrived a Q was already forming, I was number 7 (not that it mattered in the end as I was a BG) but it was a LONG day!

Yep! Went down to check out the venue and try to meet some people who were ariving that morning (no phone so couldn't co-ordinate via twitter) and when I arrived a Q was already forming, I was number 7 (not that it mattered in the end as I was a BG) but it was a LONG day!

Wow. That's pretty impressive queueing.

Although I do hope no-one is there that early at Sheffield !!! Lolz.

Wow. That's pretty impressive queueing.

Although I do hope no-one is there that early at Sheffield !!! Lolz.

I really hope so too! I really doubt anyone will but the problem is it only takes one person to start the Q forming. Could have turned up at 1/2pm and have been in a similar position tho because it was just MFCer that were arriving that early! We really do bring it on ourselves!

I really hope so too! I really doubt anyone will but the problem is it only takes one person to start the Q forming. Could have turned up at 1/2pm and have been in a similar position tho because it was just MFCer that were arriving that early! We really do bring it on ourselves!

Yeah true...And I don't think anyone has said they're planning to queue that early. If I had to queue that early I think my mate would run off around Sheffield and leave me there on my own. :roftl:

I doubt if non MFCers would queue early - and we may get leapfrogged by O2 priority people so not end up on front row anyway - I may check on things around 11ish.

Hmmm...I may give the venue a ring today see if they can shed any light on that!

I doubt if non MFCers would queue early - and we may get leapfrogged by O2 priority people so not end up on front row anyway - I may check on things around 11ish.

I have spare O2 sim cards, and may have a spare O2 phone. So if anyone wanted to queue with us and wanted one I'd be happy to do it for an MFCer. Then just give me the handset after you're in?

I'm going to look for it now. (:

I have spare O2 sim cards, and may have a spare O2 phone. So if anyone wanted to queue with us and wanted one I'd be happy to do it for an MFCer. Then just give me the handset after you're in?

I'm going to look for it now. (:

I'm on O2 but I'm really not sure having a Sim is enough, think you have to have bought your ticket thro 02 Priority. But would be great of you to do that, any chance we have we should go for! :thumb_yello:

I'm on O2 but I'm really not sure having a Sim is enough, think you have to have bought your ticket thro 02 Priority. But would be great of you to do that, any chance we have we should go for! :thumb_yello:

Yeah that's what I thought, but people are saying having an O2 sim is enough. I may ring the academy..Although they have two numbers. Lolz.

Well, see you all tomorrow - packing to finish, train to catch etc :bye:

May see you in the queue tomorrow. (: Hope you have a nice train journey !

I'm just trying to ring the Academy about the exact details of the priority queue to clarify, but their phone line isn't great. And their customer service line is 25p per minute, so I guess I'm having to wait.

ETA: I've just got off the phone after like a 20 minute wait and all you need to do is show the doorman you're on O2 and you get through into the queue.

Edited by Sam7413