Mika at www.nu.nl and Gracia magazine (Dutch)

Mika_Addiction

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you prefer escaping to a dreamworld?

I was always attracted by the idea of creating your own world. It gives me a good feeling and is a way to talk about serious subjects in songs. And to say things to people without getting beaten up afterwards. I make people listen to me and try to win them over. It's not all about the song. The song is the base on where I built my show. It comes right from my heart, not from a marketingfirm. And from family and friends who help me create ideas and draw sketches. I've always maintained the thought that within 20 years I would create my own world. One that's in my head and is mine. The strongest thing is that my fans become a part of it, by imitating my costumes and make dolls of the characters I design.

It seems like sometimes you get a trip from your lively, theatrical music.

That's the effect of my music; it's like taking drugs without the bad effect. Like swallowing a rainbow. And my shows are more than that. You are bombarded with visuals and melodies. It takes you to a level where you go through emotions that are being fired at you. That's what I aim for.

:wub2: :wub2: i love the way he describes his music. so true. :wub2: and glad that the likes it that fans imitate his costumes, and doesn't want to keep his world to himself. :bleh:

about the dolls he mentioned though, thought about the mika barbie doll at the first moment, but it's not a character he designed. :blink: