Hey Hey it's The Monkees Thread

CalicoSkies

The Monkees are as much a part of my child hood as reading was. I was 4 when I went to my first concert. I've been to 12 Monkees concerts. I figured I'd start a thread so I could de-monkee my other posts. The monkees still to this day manage to find their way into my conversations. I suppose once a fan girl always a fan girl.

I've never met them but I received a fan mail letter from Peter Tork when I was 15 and my mother has spoken to Micky Dolenz once after she sent him a portrait that she drew of his daughter and him. Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork are my favorite of the four. Micky was recently on "Gone Country" which is a reality show about trying to become a country singer. IT was weird but it was great to see him again after not knowing much of what was going on in his life since 2004 which is about when my life got too crazy to keep up with the nuances of his schedule.

My favorite songs are Take a Giant Step and Randy Scouse Git. My favorite Monkees Eppy is The Devil and Peter Tork and The Chaperone.

My favorite quote from the Monkees show is "Save the Texas Prarie Chickens!" Mostly because it makes me giggle.

Anywho feel free to chat about em' here if ya want. I just felt like explaining why I love them so much :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Sad news today, on the passing of Davy Jones.

Waiting for further news.:emot-sad:

Edit: It's just been reported, Davy died in his sleep from a heart attack, he was 66.

Edited by RAK1