Post Mika Depression

Mom4Mika

I guess it works for you because probably you have the financial status to attend as many shows you can. But I can't so it is hard for me.:wink2:

ME TOO!!! If I was financially stable I would follow Mika as MUCH as I could - and I think I would be content! But, I AM NOT ABLE to just keep going to concert after concert SO I am STUCK like CHUCK!

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess it works for you because probably you have the financial status to attend as many shows you can. But I can't so it is hard for me.:wink2:

Well the kitty is slowly depleting so I think February will be my last shows for a long time. As I said maybe I'll feel differently then and I'll be bumping this thread.

After Terminal 5 - I was a MESS! It was an AMAZING day <experience> and we got so much special things that day. After Mika got in the van and left, I bust out crying, and I literally thought that I was NEVER gonna be able to stop. Alex, Jess and I didn't say a word all the way back to the hotel. I cried all night long. But, when I woke up in the morning . . I was fine. And it did not hit me again.

After Le Poisson Rouge - I BUST out crying right after I talked to him. I cried for about 30 minutes but then I HAD to pull myself together cause I was headed for the airport - and did not want to look anymore like a FREAK then I already did. And again, I was fine.

After United Palace - I was fine that whole time. Nothing EVER hit me after that show . . MAYBE because I knew I had Philly to look forward to.

But, N O W - it has been What 3 days . . .and I am totally USELESS. I have a HUGE gaping HOLE in my chest - at times I can't breathe, and I am feeling SO overwhelmed and having MAJOR anxiety. I don't feel RIGHT at all. It is TIMES like these when I question my ability to even be a FAN at all. Cause the pain - the PAIN is too much to bare. I really FEEL like my life is over. Maybe because the LIFE I WANT is the LIFE I lived Last week! And that is not a life that I can have - it breaks my heart!

same for me!!!

But I felt so bad on Saturday and you know it because of what I did!! I know he doesn't remember but I do!

I called myself crappy Luz!!

Well the kitty is slowly depleting so I think February will be my last shows for a long time. As I said maybe I'll feel differently then and I'll be bumping this thread.

If that is the case - I am willing to bet my LIFE on it! :teehee:

same for me!!!

But I felt so bad on Saturday and you know it because of what I did!! I know he doesn't remember but I do!

I called myself crappy Luz!!

I do totally understand that Lucy!!!! Cause I KNOW how I would feel if it were me! I would feel like total Shizat! Like you said HE won't remember - you ALWAYS will. And I KNOW how much you LOVE/admire/and RESPECT him, and would not for a moment want him to feel that you didn't! :no:

Hopefully, some day I will go as many as I can.

I do totally understand that Lucy!!!! Cause I KNOW how I would feel if it were me! I would feel like total Shizat! Like you said HE won't remember - you ALWAYS will. And I KNOW how much you LOVE/admire/and RESPECT him, and would not for a moment want him to feel that you didn't! :no:

:tears: :tears: :tears:

This is clearly crazy to think that this is happening to so many of us. But it's so real.

It might be easier for some of us to get distracted enough with our family responsibilities, but if I didn't have a husband and kids, I'd probably be in Christine's position, booking flights to LA, then Australia, Tokyo, and then the UK and Europe. :blink:

Okay, maybe not all of those places, but most of them.

Now if we could just get jobs where we could tour with Team Mika and the band.... :teehee:

Now if we could just get jobs where we could tour with Team Mika and the band.... :teehee:

Well we've got a bit of experience on our resume, non? Maybe one day. :teehee:

If Mika doesn't pan out we've got another rising pop star on the horizon. :naughty:

This is clearly crazy to think that this is happening to so many of us. But it's so real.

It might be easier for some of us to get distracted enough with our family responsibilities, but if I didn't have a husband and kids, I'd probably be in Christine's position, booking flights to LA, then Australia, Tokyo, and then the UK and Europe. :blink:

Okay, maybe not all of those places, but most of them.

THAT is ONE thing that keeps me totally grounded and feel that I am not clinically insane!!!! IT HAPPENS TO ALL OF US!!! Some worse then others, but - that is anything in LIFE - everyone reacts to and handles things differently! Some just deal better. I have kids to worry about - and SOMETIMES I feel like a TERRIBLE mother, because ALL I can do is focus on MIKA! And I think I am a piece of shizat for that cause MIKA dosen't even know I exists - yet here I am - can't EVEN function . . . THAT is madness! BUT, I don't know how to stop it!

IT IS SO NICE TO KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS!!!!! :huglove:

I think the worst time for me, being PMD, was the drive home after Munich in 07. I drove Caz back up to her place from Stanstead, then back down to where I live.

I was so tired, and had to keep stopping to have naps, but although that helped the tiredness in did nothing to stop the depression. I kept checking into MFC every now and again, and at one stage I checked to find a lot of worried posts, asking if anyone had heard from me. That's when I poured it all out, how bad I was feeling and that I didn't want it to be over, which was silly really, as I was going to see him in Glasgow the following week. But it had been my first time travelling abroad for a concert, and the experience had been mindblowing (not just the concert, but being outside the EMAs, where he performed, too), and everyone was very supportive, and lovely.

It took me nearly 24 hours to get home from the airport that day, and it was horrendous. I stayed in bed the whole of the next day, but still felt adrift when I woke up.

Robi's right when she says going to more gigs doesn't help, I did another 2 weeks of gigs straight after that, and it was worse.

It's not just withdrawal from Mika though, it's from the whole thing, meeting other MFCers and spending time with them and having fun. You miss it all, and it's so bad when you go home afterwards.

Like it's been said, time is the healer.

I have a hubby and a dog? can that count?

Of course! IT MAY BE C r A Z Y . . BUT I feel closer to Mika when I surround myself with fellow MFCers during the Mika droughts! I THINK that is ONE reason I take the MFC SO seriously!!!! :aah:

THAT is ONE thing that keeps me totally grounded and feel that I am not clinically insane!!!! IT HAPPENS TO ALL OF US!!! Some worse then others, but - that is anything in LIFE - everyone reacts to and handles things differently!

Yes some people do really crazy sh*t like blow all their money on Mika gigs. :aah:

I think the worst time for me, being PMD, was the drive home after Munich in 07. I drove Caz back up to her place from Stanstead, then back down to where I live.

I was so tired, and had to keep stopping to have naps, but although that helped the tiredness in did nothing to stop the depression. I kept checking into MFC every now and again, and at one stage I checked to find a lot of worried posts, asking if anyone had heard from me. That's when I poured it all out, how bad I was feeling and that I didn't want it to be over, which was silly really, as I was going to see him in Glasgow the following week. But it had been my first time travelling abroad for a concert, and the experience had been mindblowing (not just the concert, but being outside the EMAs, where he performed, too), and everyone was very supportive, and lovely.

It took me nearly 24 hours to get home from the airport that day, and it was horrendous. I stayed in bed the whole of the next day, but still felt adrift when I woke up.

Robi's right when she says going to more gigs doesn't help, I did another 2 weeks of gigs straight after that, and it was worse.

It's not just withdrawal from Mika though, it's from the whole thing, meeting other MFCers and spending time with them and having fun. You miss it all, and it's so bad when you go home afterwards.

Like it's been said, time is the healer.

I completely AGREE!!! It is NOT j u s t Mika . . . IT IS THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE! The traveling and spending quality time in REAL LIFE with fellow MFCers . . .and you bond with them - and then you have to leave them. It is everything and the BETTER a time you have the HARDER it is to come back to your REAL LIFE! THAT is what is SO bad! I had the MOST AMAZING experience EVER - and now, it is ALL over . . . it's like WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE!?

Hahaha I was going to look up this thread but you beat me to it!

... I'm suffering from PMD.

It seems that it just keeps getting worse and worse!!! :crybaby:

I DO HAVE TO ADMIT THAT THE MFC is GREAT therapy though!!! WE are all in this together!!! :wub2: And you guys are so supportive!!!!

It seems that it just keeps getting worse and worse!!! :crybaby:

I DO HAVE TO ADMIT THAT THE MFC is GREAT therapy though!!! WE are all in this together!!! :wub2: And you guys are so supportive!!!!

I love MFC Have made me smile and happy so many times. A 2nd home :roftl: The first place i check when get online :thumb_yello: