Going to my first Mika concert - Is it appropriate for my ten year old?

radio

My daughter and I have listened to Mika for couple of years now (nearly daily it seems....). He's in Seattle on Monday the 26th and I want to take her however my girlfriend doesn't think it'd be age appropriate.

The venue is the Moore theatre so no 21 and over restrictions there. It's assigned seating, so not mad crush to the stage. And I'm not really concerned whether she sees someone in drag or not (another friend suggested that might be the case).

Anyone here who has gone to a concert (or most recently this one for TBWKTM) noticed whether kids have been there?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter and I have listened to Mika for couple of years now (nearly daily it seems....). He's in Seattle on Monday the 26th and I want to take her however my girlfriend doesn't think it'd be age appropriate.

The venue is the Moore theatre so no 21 and over restrictions there. It's assigned seating, so not mad crush to the stage. And I'm not really concerned whether she sees someone in drag or not (another friend suggested that might be the case).

Anyone here who has gone to a concert (or most recently this one for TBWKTM) noticed whether kids have been there?

Thanks in advance!

there've often been kids for the LICM tour. if the kid would be sitting, I sense there shouldn't be any problem. it's mostly tiring for kids to have to queue long, but if you can avoid that, the concert's really suitable for a kid. :thumb_yello:

Why not go here? It's practically the same thread!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20276

:thumb_yello:

Oh, by the way in that link I posted, our admin did warn that in his last tour he did something a bit naughty for like, 3 seconds in animal costumes with his band members (only adults got it, to kids it just looked like they were playing) but I'm quite happy to say that there's none of that this time! As far as I'm aware it's quite clean.

There was a kid who was about 4 at the Bloomsbury Ballroom gig in London a few weeks ago. He shoved past me at the end so he could get to the stage and grab a handful of confetti.

I think ten year olds will be fine. :thumb_yello:

Mika somtimes throws the F-bomb here and there, but that's hardly offensive.

I'd say a Mika gig is perfect for a ten year old :punk:

:roftl:

Not to mention that at the Bloomsbury Ballroom there was a mum, dad and their kid. Their kid was about 8-10 I reckon, and on the dad's shoulders. Perfectly good fun, I think.

There was a young boy at the show in Philly and I felt terrible because he couldn't even see and I am sure he got crushed once the concert officially started. But since it's assigned seats you should be fine. Other than that it's a pretty friendly show. Although there is the rare occasion when Meeks messes up and drops the f bomb. Hehehe.

Why not go here? It's practically the same thread!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20276

:thumb_yello:

Oh, by the way in that link I posted, our admin did warn that in his last tour he did something a bit naughty for like, 3 seconds in animal costumes with his band members (only adults got it, to kids it just looked like they were playing) but I'm quite happy to say that there's none of that this time! As far as I'm aware it's quite clean.

How the heck I missed that in my search I have no idea. I searched the forum for - age appropriate ten concert - and still managed to miss that thread. Thank you so much! Now, to call the theatre and see if the seat on either side of me is free!

How the heck I missed that in my search I have no idea. I searched the forum for - age appropriate ten concert - and still managed to miss that thread. Thank you so much! Now, to call the theatre and see if the seat on either side of me is free!

You're very welcome! Glad I could help :)

My kids (including my 10 year old son) came with me to Sadlers in June, which was a seated gig. Very easy, we rocked up about an hour before start of gig, all very civilised, good view from where we were sitting. He did say to me afterwards "Mika swore a lot" of which I think he was a little surprised but not at all shocked (and Mika did use the 'F' word but not VERY much to my mind).

At Latitude (festival) there were TONS of kids of all ages, standing, and they all thoroughly enjoyed the gig (again may have been the very odd 'F' word but I'm not sure many of the kids will have heard/noticed :wink2: ).