Mika's Album Fun Fears

hathor

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/mikas-album-fun-fears_1123308

MIKA'S ALBUM FUN FEARS

Mika was determined to ''have fun'' while recording his second album after examining the efforts of other artists and being unable to find out why their sophomore work is often below-par.

Mika threatened to "kill himself" if he didn't enjoy working on his second album.

The 'We are Golden' hitmaker admits he was concerned about approaching the follow-up to his best-selling debut LP 'Life In Cartoon Motion' but after studying other artists' work, decided to just try andhave fun.

He said: "I listened to a lot of second albums. The songs are alright but not great. They're just boring.

"It felt like the singers had taken a couple of steps away from the microphone. It felt like they weren't good in bed like they used to be or didn't get as drunk as they would have before. They felt cautious.

"In the end, I thought, you know what, I might as well have a f**king good time, otherwise I'll kill myself."

The singer also says his record company were amazed by his working processes, which involved sketching out characters before writing the songs.

He added to Britain's The Times newspaper: "My record company thought I was insane because I was drawing characters going, 'This is what the album's gonna look like.' They were like, 'But you haven't even chosen a producer.' "

23 November 2009 05:45:28

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic