Wax statue of Mika in the Grévin Museum

Droopsy

So congratulations again to the winners (I said it yesterday on the MWS) and good luck for the one that will stay outside in the cold... It will be without me... it is quiet strange after all because this competition comes in a point of my life where I realized more and more that sometimes some things I am waiting for have no sense...

yes, I don't think there is any point in waiting outside a venue hosting an event you have no tickets for - regardless of weather conditions. IMO, your decision is totally logical and I do believe most people here share my view on this.

However, I hope you'll be back at Mika concerts later on as those are the only events worth waiting for - only if you have a ticket though:teehee:

Fans are allowed to react and behave as they wish. Some people will wait outside in the cold, others won't. Some people are not happy without a M&G, others are just happy with the gig. It's a free world. :biggrin2:

As far as this competition is concerned, I expressed my point of view when I said that French fans should be happy for what they have got so far. It was a very busy year for France. No event can be for everybody. M&Gs mostly happen for selected people and for most fans that's ok (provided that they are in :mf_rosetinted: ). Of course, for this event there is also a restricted number of fans allowed, which is even more understandable. But I have the impression that most people have had good opportunites so far.

Focusing on what you didn't get doesn't certainly make you happy. :dunno: Perhaps fans do it as a form of competition among fans, but I think Mika has always tried to make everybody happy and he's even given too much in my opinion. Asking for more won't lead anywhere, he may get sick and tired of giving all the time and only getting complaints and more requests from his generosity. :no:

yes, I don't think there is any point in waiting outside a venue hosting an event you have no tickets for - regardless of weather conditions. IMO, your decision is totally logical and I do believe most people here share my view on this.

However, I hope you'll be back at Mika concerts later on as those are the only events worth waiting for - only if you have a ticket though:teehee:

I share your opinions Suzie and Christine :wink2: Virginie (Etoilederose's real name), I'm sure I'll meet you when it will be time for Mika's next tour. Focus on real life and come back when you want too. Many of us have shared/share/will share your feelings.

The internet is a well of information, news, pictures, videos but it gradually turns into a trap when you're a fan... it's so time consuming, a compulsive hobby/habit, you switch on to keep informed as you need air or food... I've got a love/hate relationship with my pc and fan attitude. Holiday breaks are (painful but) necessary.

Fans are allowed to react and behave as they wish. Some people will wait outside in the cold, others won't. Some people are not happy without a M&G, others are just happy with the gig. It's a free world. :biggrin2:

As far as this competition is concerned, I expressed my point of view when I said that French fans should be happy for what they have got so far. It was a very busy year for France. No event can be for everybody. M&Gs mostly happen for selected people and for most fans that's ok (provided that they are in :mf_rosetinted: ). Of course, for this event there is also a restricted number of fans allowed, which is even more understandable. But I have the impression that most people have had good opportunites so far.

Focusing on what you didn't get doesn't certainly make you happy. :dunno: Perhaps fans do it as a form of competition among fans, but I think Mika has always tried to make everybody happy and he's even given too much in my opinion. Asking for more won't lead anywhere, he may get sick and tired of giving all the time and only getting complaints and more requests from his generosity. :no:

agree

That's very true :sad:

So congratulations again to the winners (I said it yesterday on the MWS) and good luck for the one that will stay outside in the cold... It will be without me... it is quiet strange after all because this competition comes in a point of my life where I realized more and more that sometimes some things I am waiting for have no sense... futiles things that will never change the way things are and arranged my life, you smile one day, you cry the other and constancy are far from here... music is cool, music is good, and give you straight but far from dependance of some sort, and far from the dependance of an artist... that is just my feeling everyone live their life as they want, but it sometimes scared me and I don't want to finish my life like this...

I'm sure things will get better for you!:huglove:

Sometimes I think the reason we become hardcore fans has more to do with the competition and frenzy whipped up by everyone around us rather than our own passion for Mika's work. I've always been an obsessive type but the internet exacerbates that tendency because we have access to so much information and each other. Also Mika seems to encourage the competition and the desire to access/please him/get his attention. :sneaky2:

I said my goodbyes in June and have been very content with reading the news from the comfort of my living room since then. I hope to do some more gigs and travelling when the album launches but I am in no hurry, that's for sure.

Still if Mika was coming to Toronto on Monday I can imagine I'd suddenly want to stand in the cold. :naughty: But I think you're wise to take a break if you find you're not enjoying the rollercoaster ride anymore. :huglove:

Funny you should say that, it's very much the same way for me.

When we had the big honour to have a gig in my country in March I could feel that it would do me good with a break.:wink2:

But as you also say, it might change when we have a new album?!

I'm sure things will get better for you!:huglove:

Funny you should say that, it's very much the same way for me.

When we had the big honour to have a gig in my country in March I could feel that it would do me good with a break.:wink2:

But as you also say, it might change when we have a new album?!

Count me in! I had a great time at the gigs earlier this year, but when I went to the last ones this summer I felt like I had had enough. In fact, I would have happily "closed the chapter" in June, with the Japanese shows like Christine said, and not done the other couple in July and August...Sometimes you need a break from a good thing, and I feel that way right now. I want to be dying to see him again next, not being like "jeez, again?!" :roftl:

Anyway, you know what I mean :blush-anim-cl:

The internet is a well of information, news, pictures, videos but it gradually turns into a trap when you're a fan... it's so time consuming, a compulsive hobby/habit, you switch on to keep informed as you need air or food... I've got a love/hate relationship with my pc and fan attitude. Holiday breaks are (painful but) necessary.

That is so true... As long as you know when to take a break, it is all still fine as you are still in control. However, when you are reminded / forced to do so because you you have become addicted, there is usually no way back.

In fact, this Mika break might help a lot of fans focus on other things in life right now so that they can fill up their batteries and all come back 'energised' when the next album is released. :original:

PS: Sorry for not being up-to-date on news is it because Mika is going to perform there that fans decided to wait outside and see if they get a chance to enter the museum on the day? :blink:

Edited by suzie

that's SO true... i was talking about that with the girls in another thread, remembering some facts like the "boxers rejection" or the "non kiss" in argentina. some peeps are sad cause "mika didn't kissed me", "mika didn't hugged me", "mika didn't accepted my gift", whatever. i really think he gives us much more than we expect or, sometimes, deserve. we have a life? he has a life - and should probably live the way he thinks it's better, just as we do. he really tries to make us happier, day by day, and giving us the chance to be with him sometimes is great. except for that, totally agree with you :aah:

that's SO true... i was talking about that with the girls in another thread, remembering some facts like the "boxers rejection" or the "non kiss" in argentina. some peeps are sad cause "mika didn't kissed me", "mika didn't hugged me", "mika didn't accepted my gift", whatever. i really think he gives us much more than we expect or, sometimes, deserve. we have a life? he has a life - and should probably live the way he thinks it's better, just as we do. he really tries to make us happier, day by day, and giving us the chance to be with him sometimes is great. except for that, totally agree with you :aah:

Wait, wait, what is this "broker rejection" thing, and what was said?:roftl:

Because I have heard the strangest theories by some people about that situation, which have nothing to do with reality. I can't even understand why people have to talk about it anymore, to be honest, because it always gets misconstrued.

It was a joke. Mika knew that it was a joke. It took place a year and a half ago. What is there to discuss? :blink:

Wait, wait, what is this "broker rejection" thing, and what was said?:roftl:

Because I have heard the strangest theories by some people about that situation, which have nothing to do with reality. I can't even understand why people have to talk about it anymore, to be honest, because it always gets misconstrued.

It was a joke. Mika knew that it was a joke. It took place a year and a half ago. What is there to discuss? :blink:

the "boxers rejection" subject just took place cause someone told us about that video in which mika didn't accepted a girl's kiss. it wasn't something special, we just remembered :wink2: anyway, if you want to read more about that, it's in the grey undies thread :thumb_yello: (sorry, bad english :()

OMG the boxers rejection :lmfao:

Fran I know you weren't around when this happened but for anyone else who still doesn't understand this story. The boxers were hideous. They were meant to be hideous. For Mika to accept them as a real gift would have been ridiculous and no one expected him to.

He wouldn't wear that damn Wiz hat either, no matter how hard people tried. :roftl:

Fran I know you weren't around when this happened but for anyone else who still doesn't understand this story. The boxers were hideous. They were meant to be hideous. For Mika to accept them as a real gift would have been ridiculous and no one expected him to.

He wouldn't wear that damn Wiz hat either, no matter how hard people tried. :roftl:

:roftl:

because of all these stories is that I regret not having entered in MFC before... and i've been loving mika for a VERY LONG TIME :( and that's the reason why i know he would never be rude to anyone :aah:

:teehee: maybe not "rude", but i think he doesn't let anyone step on his toes or change his vision. if he wants something done a certain way, it will happen, because in the end, he runs the show :bleh:

i can totally understand why he'd refuse a kiss. it's not something i would give to total strangers :aah:

:teehee: maybe not "rude", but i think he doesn't let anyone step on his toes or change his vision. if he wants something done a certain way, it will happen, because in the end, he runs the show :bleh:

i can totally understand why he'd refuse a kiss. it's not something i would give to total strangers :aah:

You should see the way that girl caught him by the head.

Besides (as I've just said in other thread :mf_rosetinted:) I think it's ok from him not wanting that kind of contact. It's sweet enough from him to meet his fans almost every time. It must not be that easy to be surrounded by all that crazy people all the time :naughty: The thing is that maybe we kinda forget he is a human being :mf_rosetinted: I don't know if I could deal with us the way he does after some time, always with a big smile on his face :wub2:

Besides (as I've just said in other thread :mf_rosetinted:) I think it's ok from him not wanting that kind of contact. It's sweet enough from him to meet his fans almost every time. It must not be that easy to be surrounded by all that crazy people all the time :naughty: The thing is that maybe we kinda forget he is a human being :mf_rosetinted: I don't know if I could deal with us the way he does after some time, always with a big smile on his face :wub2:

i think that we feel like we know him, as we are following his public life closely, but to him, most of us are fans & unknown strangers. so it's normal he reacts that way. :blush-anim-cl:

i think that we feel like we know him, as we are following his public life closely, but to him, most of us are fans & unknown strangers. so it's normal he reacts that way. :blush-anim-cl:

agree, agree, agree. he's lovely to everyone and we should respect him for that (too). and, yes, that girl JUMPED on him :sneaky2: i'd say NO too. in a much more rude way :teehee:

back to the statue :wub2:

I would have actually felt VERY insulted if he had accepted them, because it would mean that he thought I could seriously think that those horrid things were gift material :lmfao:

Yeah, AND especially when they grab my face like that :shocked:.

ok.... back to the topic of the wax mika now! :aah:

But...but...but...if there is no wax Mika to look at yet, how can we discuss it? :naughty:

by discussing how we'd all like a giant life size mika candle in the corner of our living room :bleh:

we could decorate it for the holidays! :dance_man:

Besides SUPER FREAKY, that would also be very sad :tears: He would melt into a puddle of wax in front of our eyes :shocked: