MILK Carton for Auction!!???

glorious revenge

Ok well I just recently read this article that Mika was auctioning the milk carton which appeared in the 'Rain' video....and that all proceeds were going to the Haiti victims' family members...but seriously...a milk carton...............is it just me... or are there actually people out there willing to squander a million dollars on a carton of milk:blink:.....no offense intended

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok well I just recently read this article that Mika was auctioning the milk carton which appeared in the 'Rain' video....and that all proceeds were going to the Haiti victims' family members...but seriously...a milk carton...............is it just me... or are there actually people out there willing to squander a million dollars on a carton of milk:blink:.....no offense intended

Obviously. :teehee:

Oh and off topic: Do you know Yoppapopp? :teehee:

Well:-

A. It's not actually full of milk.

B. It has his picture on it.

C. He signed it too.

D. The winning bid for the carton wasn't even close to $500, let alone a million of 'em.

It's not the token nature of the item being sold which really counts: it's the willingness to participate in a relief operation like that of Haiti. Many people are willing to donate money with no material reward, and so it's not surprising that a milk carton was capable of attaining £330. It probably would have achieved more with greater publicity!

It's nice to know that people are willing to sell items and to donate money towards such causes, regardless of the item involved. :)

It's not the token nature of the item being sold which really counts: it's the willingness to participate in a relief operation like that of Haiti. Many people are willing to donate money with no material reward, and so it's not surprising that a milk carton was capable of attaining £330. It probably would have achieved more with greater publicity!

It's nice to know that people are willing to sell items and to donate money towards such causes, regardless of the item involved. :)

Well said:thumb_yello:

Archived