What colour do you think of when you think of Mika?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What colour do you think of when you think of Mika?

• red
    • orange
    • yellow
    • green
    • blue
    • violet
    • white
    • black

I guess this thread appeals to fans who think over things and try to understand what they hear or see.

To tell you the truth, I was like :lmfao: when I read this comment, but then I decided to read back as I only first read some of the thread a couple of days ago. Now I can see the posts I was reading then were the exceptions to the rule.

When this thread was opened, the first post did not really convince me to join the conversation although I did understand that it was meant to be funny. However, having read a couple of pages randomly in the middle of this thread, it looks like that there have been some really interesting discussions here, so maybe I'll join part2. :teehee:

Why do you think he says he forgets to wash when he's writing music for example? :teehee:

I personally think that it was just one of his exaggerations and he basically wanted to say that he gets so engaged in perfecting a song that he completely forgets about the world around him until he finishes the song.

I guess most artists behave like that during the creative process. In fact,when I was younger I used to act in a similar way when I had to finish something with a tight deadline. (I forgot to eat, drink..etc ) I did shower, though, but only to energise myself :teehee:. So, I do not find that comment strange at all, although I have yet to read the original.:wink2:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think anyone was taking it too seriously. We were just fooling around and having a bit of laugh.

And then we switched the topic and started to talk about kissing men instead :biggrin2:

I said that because someone thought that only real shrinks were allowed to post reliable :mf_rosetinted: theories here. :wink2:

Actually, I don't give a damn about @mikasounds not washing. I can't smell him from Italy. :mf_rosetinted: Moreover, during M&Gs his fans smell much worse than him after queueing and jumping during the show :naughty:, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

Apparently some people are taking the topics seriously, but they are not supposed to be like that. I thought a very silly and funny conversation could have come up with a smelly topic. :biggrin2:

+1 :thumb_yello:

actually i would have thought rosa would jump into the discussion because she's an expert on mika wearing the same shirt before AND after a concert... :mf_rosetinted:

he completely forgets about the world around him until he finishes the song.

I guess most artists behave like that during the creative process. In fact,when I was younger I used to act in a similar way when I had to finish something with a tight deadline. (I forgot to eat, drink..etc ) I did shower, though, but only to energise myself :teehee:.

happens to me every semester...:naughty:

i'm trying to get better though...this semester my focus is on keeping my eyebrows under control...my kids don't need a racoon for a mom.

:roftl:

It was ironic! :doh: You see: everyboy has problems with smilies! :roll1:

Actually, I don't give a damn about @mikasounds not washing. I can't smell him from Italy. :mf_rosetinted: Moreover, during M&Gs his fans smell much worse than him after queueing and jumping during the show :naughty:, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

Apparently some people are taking the topics seriously, but they are not supposed to be like that. I thought a very silly and funny conversation could have come up with a smelly topic. :biggrin2:

:doh: Oh, doh, woman! Next time use the :mf_rosetinted: smilie please. Me too stupid for irony. :teehee:

Hey, can anyone explain to me the difference btw. irony and sarcasm. Have been wondering over that for some time now but too lazy to check it out :teehee:

About the smelly topic: I remember posting pics of the unwashed Justin T. and Pattinson. It seems to be a common thing among those guys. I mean, look at my signature. :roftl:

To tell you the truth, I was like :lmfao: when I read this comment, but then I decided to read back as I only first read some of the thread a couple of days ago. Now I can see the posts I was reading then were the exceptions to the rule.

When this thread was opened, the first post did not really convince me to join the conversation although I did understand that it was meant to be funny. However, having read a couple of pages randomly in the middle of this thread, it looks like that there have been some really interesting discussions here, so maybe I'll join part2. :teehee:

Yep, we've just been hiding here in the General Chat.

Let me explain how it works:

Most of the time the thread is empty.

At some point pple who have got tired looking at the gasmics come here and pose a question or want an explanation for a dream. Or we shrinks have some weird theory to discuss. Then we discuss like mad for few pages. Some mods and other older members jump in when the discussion seems interesting.

From time to time random pple jump in and ask: "WTF is this thread all about?" When we explain they go away.

Very often we're just making really silly jokes for pages.

That's when most pple go away thinking we're a really stupid thread.

Then we all lose interest in the discussion and go back to the gasmics thread.

After a few days the whole thing starts again.

:mf_rosetinted:

Of course you're welcome to join in! :wink2:

At some point pple who have got tired looking at the gasmics come here and pose a question or want an explanation for a dream. Or we shrinks have some weird theory to discuss. Then we discuss like mad for few pages. Some mods and other older members jump in when the discussion seems interesting.

From time to time random pple jump in and ask: "WTF is this thread all about?" When we explain they go away.

Very often we're just making really silly jokes for pages.

Of course you're welcome to join in! :wink2:

BWAHAHAHA!

Before reading this post, I thought to myself: well, I will read this post and then go to gasmics! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Hey, can anyone explain to me the difference btw. irony and sarcasm. Have been wondering over that for some time now but too lazy to check it out :teehee:

About the smelly topic: I remember posting pics of the unwashed Justin T. and Pattinson. It seems to be a common thing among those guys. I mean, look at my signature. :roftl:

This could bring about a real fight. Languages differ a bit and also personal interpretations. I won't risk my life with that. :mf_rosetinted:

From time to time random pple jump in and ask: "WTF is this thread all about?" When we explain they go away. Very often we're just making really silly jokes for pages.

:roll1:

BWAHAHAHA!

Before reading this post, I thought to myself: well, I will read this post and then go to gasmics! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

:lmao:

This could bring about a real fight. Languages differ a bit and also personal interpretations. I won't risk my life with that. :mf_rosetinted:

Come on, what fight, the thread is almost over. Only like 3 posts till the end. No place for a fight anymore. :roftl:

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL! COME ON!

Come on, what fight, the thread is almost over. Only like 3 posts till the end. No place for a fight anymore. :roftl:

Southeast, you can start it yourself, as I previously said (about gasmic like example)

Well, let's say for example that Italian people always say I make ironic remarks. Nobody has ever used the word sarcastic to define me. In Italian sarcastic involves bitterness, being nasty. On the other hand irony is seen as positive, something that will make you laugh.

A famous Italian writer, Luigi Pirandello, gave a lot of importance to irony in his literary output. :thumb_yello:

I guess YOU could open a new thread, woman. After all you are Sil's partner here. :wink2:

I suggest adding a link to the first part, so that people who are going to join can check what the thread is really about. :)

Archived