What colour do you think of when you think of Mika?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What colour do you think of when you think of Mika?

• red
    • orange
    • yellow
    • green
    • blue
    • violet
    • white
    • black

Yes, it's the Mexican one, right?

Hey, Rosa, nice to see you here again! Long time no visit on the thread? :sneaky2: Being hanging around at the gasmic thread or what? :roftl:

oh SE!! i missed you and this thread so much!! but as i said,my english is not good enough to write what i think about what you are talking about here... i perfectly can understand almost everything,but when it turns into writing,it´s hard.... and lately all your discussions here are too "professionals" i´d say :teehee: but i still come here every now and then to take a look

:huglove:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh SE!! i missed you and this thread so much!! but as i said,my english is not good enough to write what i think about what you are talking about here... i perfectly can understand almost everything,but when it turns into writing,it´s hard.... and lately all your discussions here are too "professionals" i´d say :teehee: but i still come here every now and then to take a look

.... well, but for gsamics you need only awww and ohhh :sneaky2: Haven't seen you there too :boxed:

.... well, but for gsamics you need only awww and ohhh :sneaky2: Haven't seen you there too :boxed:

you are right:blush-anim-cl:

i´ve been busy last days,my friends went to coimbra and i was most of the time on messenger,or in the coimbra thread,or in the spanish,or in bienie´s. this forum is getting BIG and it´s hard to be in every thread..... it´s hard cause i love to talk to some peeps,and if we are not in the same thread,the days go and we lose contact.....and :wags_finger:

ok,i´ll go to gasmics now :mf_rosetinted:

Nooo! Not true.

All I can say, in Ukraine some teenagers started to kiss into cheeks while greeting only after watching some French teenager serials.

Me and my friends never kiss saying Hi, just very sometimes kiss a cheek while saying Goodbye (I do it only with my 2 girls old friends).

But Ukraine is not Russia! I come from a former Soviet country but if I'm asked where I'm from I never use Russia for explaining the location of the tiny-as-a-pinhead country. I always try to get by using other landmarks :biggrin2:.

But ever since I was a kid, and especially then, I've been taken aback by men kissing each other on lips. The first such a kiss I saw as a kid on TV, when Brezhnev took another man's head in his hands and landed a huge kiss on his lips. I can still see it when I think about it but I try not to :roftl:.

But Ukraine is not Russia! I come from a former Soviet country but if I'm asked where I'm from I never use Russia for explaining the location of the tiny-as-a-pinhead country. I always try to get by using other landmarks :biggrin2:.

But ever since I was a kid, and especially then, I've been taken aback by men kissing each other on lips. The first such a kiss I saw as a kid on TV, when Brezhnev took another man's head in his hands and landed a huge kiss on his lips. I can still see it when I think about it but I try not to :roftl:.

Really??? Where are you from? U just used to the fact, that people confuse Russia and Ukraine, so I thought you too.. But really, I don't think men in Russia are still kissing, especially because Russia is homophobic country.

I agree with Sienna on this. He's perhaps just trying to illustrate how

wrapped up in his projects he is. And sometimes maybe he says

things for shock value -- like he forgets to wash, or he hasn't shampooed

his hair for three weeks. :puking:I tend not overanalyze those thingsbecause I don't really think they're meant to be analyzed. Besides, as others

have said, Mika often contradicts himself. Says he doesn't like water,

and then we see him on a boat, swimming, on a jet ski, etc. I'm interested

in what he does and says, but I don't hang on every word and take

everything he says as gospel. :naughty:

What are you doing here then? :roftl: This is the thread "I overanalyze all the time". :lmfao:

But that's the whole point of this thread! Oh my. :blink::roftl:

Yes, he's trying to sound like he's "naughty" :naughty:. That's why he swears on stage as well, I think. But somehow I don't believe him. :teehee:

About that talk about washing and water thing - it could be that it's kinda obsessive with him, I mean, he has a light form of OCD and washing obsession is one of the most common kinds of behavior in those cases. So perhaps he's trying to get away from water and washing and subconsciously getting himself away from the whole water thing.

I knew a therapeut who made his patients who had a washing disorder plunge their whole naked arms in two bins full of garbadge and stay like that for a few minutes. And then pull them out again and stay like that for a few more minutes and not run at once to the bathroom. And it worked. Yep, behavioural therapy can be such fun.

Exactly! :naughty:

That's shock therapy, man! :shocked:

He also maybe tries to break up his image of cute, clean and well brought up boy..:naughty:

Sure! :thumb_yello:

I come from a former Soviet country but if I'm asked where I'm from I never use Russia for explaining the location of the tiny-as-a-pinhead country. I always try to get by using other landmarks :biggrin2:.

If people in Europe don't know where Estonia is, it only tells something about them, not your country. It is part of the EU, after all :wink2:

The photo of Breznev kissing Erick Honecker (East German party leader) is pretty infamous, I think.. In 1990 (the time of first free elections here) the Young Democrats used it in their campaign:

breznev_honecker_3.gif

The slogan was: "you choose" i.e. communists or us

I don't think men in Russia are still kissing, especially because Russia is homophobic country.

It has nothing to with a gay kissing. Perhaps someone in Russia will explain if it is common. To me it is even strange that adults kiss their children on the lips in Britain, but I am sure they find it perfectly normal.

It has nothing to with a gay kissing. Perhaps someone in Russia will explain if it is common. To me it is even strange that adults kiss their children on the lips in Britain, but I am sure they find it perfectly normal.

I don't think it's a British custom. I've seen that in my country and abroad. I think it depends on the parents.

I mean, if even this habit existed in 60s (dunno, I wasn't even born then), it had to disappear, because kissing men are not welcomed there. Girls can kiss the cheeks sometimes, but it is not so widely spread, as in France, for example.

What are you doing here then? :roftl: This is the thread "I overanalyze all the time". :lmfao:

Well, as I said before everybody is welcome to contribute here no matter if they like to analyze or overanalyze or just to say quite non-analytic things or only to read our weird theories and laugh over them. :wink2:

This really is not a thread with serious scientific discussions, it's only for fun. And we discuss only things that Mika said in interviews and that are therefore "official".

*note to myself - don't forget to put a disclaimer on the 1st page of the new thread*

I don't think it's a British custom. I've seen that in my country and abroad. I think it depends on the parents.

:dunno: I only saw it there but I can imagine it happens in other countries as well.

It might be a bit similar to male kissing then. There are some countries where it is more common than in others, but it is not the rule.

Well, as I said before everybody is welcome to contribute here no matter if they like to analyze or overanalyze or just to say quite non-analytic things or only to read our weird theories and laugh over them. :wink2:

This really is not a thread with serious scientific discussions, it's only for fun. And we discuss only things that Mika said in interviews and that are therefore "official".

*note to myself - don't forget to put a disclaimer on the 1st page of the new thread*

Are you serious? :shocked:

Really??? Where are you from? U just used to the fact, that people confuse Russia and Ukraine, so I thought you too.. But really, I don't think men in Russia are still kissing, especially because Russia is homophobic country.

Well, I'm from this little country by the Baltic Sea, to the south from Finland, bordering with Latvia in the South :wink2:

And the right answer is: ... :lmfao:

Well, I'm from this little country by the Baltic Sea, to the south from Finland, bordering with Latvia in the South :wink2:

And the right answer is: ... :lmfao:

You was revealed several posts ago :) Estonia! So, you were at gig here??? My husband had no powers for Estonia after Klaipeda and Riga (me and my daughter would not mind to be here too!)

The photo of Breznev kissing Erick Honecker (East German party leader) is pretty infamous, I think.. In 1990 (the time of first free elections here) the Young Democrats used it in their campaign:

breznev_honecker_3.gif

I'm back in my childhood! I don't know whether to :lmfao: ro :crybaby:

But really, I don't think men in Russia are still kissing, especially because Russia is homophobic country.

I recently saw a photo of Medvedev kissing someone the same way those two men up there. And it really has nothing to do with gay-kissing. I've seen Breznev kissing a man and I have seen one gay-kiss in my life and I must admit the latter was much prettier :teehee:.

Are you serious? :shocked:

Ehmmmm, actually yes. :blink:

I mean, we discuss some things seriously, but I don't want people to talk about very serious, very personal, distressing things on here or to get too serious about things

a) because it is the Internet and everybody can read everything, as I just wrote in the "I love you baby..." thread and

b) because I/we can't really help each other over the Internet or give advice on serious personal issues in this forum. I mean, come on, it is only a forum in the end, and the last place in the world where I would consider discussing ANY really personal issues.

c) And if the thread wanted to be scientifically serious, for every theory I offer, I should also be able to offer secondary literature & scientific studies that proved this theory :teehee:... It would be a disaster :teehee: I mean, sometimes I quote articles and stuff, but then there is a secondary literature quoted there and some articles are total bull**** and really only for fun.

I kiss my children on the lips, although mostly on the cheek. But it's a brief kiss not such a thorough one that Breznev was engaged in on the pic :lmfao:

You was revealed several posts ago :) Estonia! So, you were at gig here??? My husband had no powers for Estonia after Klaipeda and Riga (me and my daughter would not mind to be here too!)

Nope! At that time I had already moved to Scotland but I was still reading local, i.e. Estonian newspapers and I couldn't understand the fuss around a Mika coming to give a concert in Tallinn. Mika is a typical Finnish name, so I thought that the MIKA was also Finnish. I'm not into Finnish singers much but just for fun I thought I'd give it a try and listened to him on YT and so dawned the first day of the rest of my life :wub2:.

I went to his gig in Edinburgh which I happened to find out about only a week before the event and I was truly stuck in the middle whether to go or not but I knew I'd be totally mad at myself later if I didn't. So I did but I have only very vague memories, cause I was totally overwhelmed. Thank heavens there are vids on YT from the gig, otherwise I would have no memories of it at all :lmfao:

OMG... you should really use this smiley::devil:

With all the respect for all the therapists in the world :naughty: you are making a good job, but this is exactly the reason why I never would go in to therapy for my fear for spiders and earwigs!:sneaky2:

Never!

:devil: Hohohohoho!

:huglove: It's because you always understand my jokes and I understand yours. And we need more jokes on this thread. :)

breznev_honecker_3.gif

The slogan was: "you choose" i.e. communists or us

Oh my God, that's a horrible picture:teehee: No, no, russian men are not perfect but they don't do like that very often...I hope...:lmfao:

As for me I don't kiss even my friends only if I see they really expect me to do it...:teehee:

Yes, everybody, someone heard a good joke lately? Need some laugh. Need Wonka. *sniff* :sad:

*sits down besides Rosa and waits for Wonka.....Sil.....someone to tell a joke.....the end of this thread......*

my son told me a funny one this morning, but it definitely won't translate well over the net :no:

Ehmmmm, actually yes. :blink:

I mean, we discuss some things seriously, but I don't want people to talk about very serious, very personal, distressing things on here or to get too serious about things

a) because it is the Internet and everybody can read everything, as I just wrote in the "I love you baby..." thread and

b) because I/we can't really help each other over the Internet or give advice on serious personal issues in this forum. I mean, come on, it is only a forum in the end, and the last place in the world where I would consider discussing ANY really personal issues.

c) And if the thread wanted to be scientifically serious, for every theory I offer, I should also be able to offer secondary literature & scientific studies that proved this theory :teehee:... It would be a disaster :teehee: I mean, sometimes I quote articles and stuff, but then there is a secondary literature quoted there and some articles are total bull**** and really only for fun.

It was ironic! :doh: You see: everyboy has problems with smilies! :roll1:

Actually, I don't give a damn about @mikasounds not washing. I can't smell him from Italy. :mf_rosetinted: Moreover, during M&Gs his fans smell much worse than him after queueing and jumping during the show :naughty:, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

Apparently some people are taking the topics seriously, but they are not supposed to be like that. I thought a very silly and funny conversation could have come up with a smelly topic. :biggrin2:

It was ironic! :doh: You see: everyboy has problems with smilies! :roll1:

Actually, I don't give a damn about @mikasounds not washing. I can't smell him from Italy. :mf_rosetinted: Moreover, during M&Gs his fans smell much worse than him after queueing and jumping during the show :naughty:, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

Apparently some people are taking the topics seriously, but they are not supposed to be like that. I thought a very silly and funny conversation could have come up with a smelly topic. :biggrin2:

I don't think anyone was taking it too seriously. We were just fooling around and having a bit of laugh.

And then we switched the topic and started to talk about kissing men instead :biggrin2:

Archived