REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika @ Les Arenes de Nimes, France - July 20, 2010

guylainem123

Report part 3:

After the gig we go to the artists entry but the problem was that to many people was there:aah: We speak between fans. I decide to make a little tour of the barriers because I was thinking that Mika going out by the parking which was made especially for the festival, just near the artists entry. We saw John put things in a car, and Yasmine in the parking, sure it was here that Mika going out. I found a place to wait Mika but like I said too many people, more than 200 :boxed: People was pushing others on the barriers, lots of people was screaming Mika. We were trying to calm some people in telling them that Mika don't love people who scream but no effect :sneaky2:

Mika was really adorable because he made a tour of the parking barriers to sign things. Mika signed me a picture which was for AxieDentelle and I had time to give him the brooch medal that I found for him (it was a private joke to Mika) :naughty: It was the most horrible M&G I ever seen, people are really stupide:furious:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Report part 3:

After the gig we go to the artists entry but the problem was that to many people was there:aah: We speak between fans. I decide to make a little tour of the barriers because I was thinking that Mika going out by the parking which was made especially for the festival, just near the artists entry. We saw John put things in a car, and Yasmine in the parking, sure it was here that Mika going out. I found a place to wait Mika but like I said too many people, more than 200 :boxed: People was pushing others on the barriers, lots of people was screaming Mika. We were trying to calm some people in telling them that Mika don't love people who scream but no effect :sneaky2:

Mika was really adorable because he made a tour of the parking barriers to sign things. Mika signed me a picture which was for AxieDentelle and I had time to give him the brooch medal that I found for him (it was a private joke to Mika) :naughty: It was the most horrible M&G I ever seen, people are really stupide:furious:

I know, it was really bad :sneaky2: People started leaving and some went round the other side because they thought Mika was coming out over there. There were still so many people though. I think it's because he came out so soon, usually if it's more than an hour wait most people give up and go.

Then they heard screaming his name so they all rushed back and tried to push in. These very young girls were trying to push in front of me and everyone was shouting. I still managed to talk to Mika though, that's the awesome power of MFCers :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

I know, it was really bad :sneaky2: People started leaving and some went round the other side because they thought Mika was coming out over there. There were still so many people though. I think it's because he came out so soon, usually if it's more than an hour wait most people give up and go.

Then they heard screaming his name so they all rushed back and tried to push in. These very young girls were trying to push in front of me and everyone was shouting. I still managed to talk to Mika though, that's the awesome power of MFCers :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

:roftl::roftl:

The show was wonderful, as usual, but always different !

The place is very beautiful. There was a little wind coming from the sky. Excellent evening! :wub2:

Special mention to “Stuck in the middle” that has become along the gigs one of the best parts with the introduction on piano, the groove, the trumpet solo at the end with Mika moving his hips and this incredible melody improvisation. :roftl:

For “Blame it on the girls”, he divided the audience into two groups. And as we were in the arena, there were the bulls and the toreadors. I was in the second, even if I would have prefered to represent the animals. At each gig, I sing the “blame it on the boys” part and as I am a girl, it suits me well! And we won!!! I loved (even if it was not the first time) the cross sign and church part in latin after “but you know he’s dead”. :teehee:

“Rain” put fire in Nîmes. It was like we were out of space!

He sang “Kick Ass” too. It was the first time I had heard it in a show. And it was great!

And “la solitude” again by Barbara, my favorite song for years! Always so moving! (My God! How did he know?) :blush-anim-cl:

It last more than one hour and half (about… I didn’t have a watch) and each minute was full of joy and emotion.

The show was wonderful, as usual, but always different !

The place is very beautiful. There was a little wind coming from the sky. Excellent evening! :wub2:

Special mention to “Stuck in the middle” that has become along the gigs one of the best parts with the introduction on piano, the groove, the trumpet solo at the end with Mika moving his hips and this incredible melody improvisation. :roftl:

For “Blame it on the girls”, he divided the audience into two groups. And as we were in the arena, there were the bulls and the toreadors. I was in the second, even if I would have prefered to represent the animals. At each gig, I sing the “blame it on the boys” part and as I am a girl, it suits me well! And we won!!! I loved (even if it was not the first time) the cross sign and church part in latin after “but you know he’s dead”. :teehee:

“Rain” put fire in Nîmes. It was like we were out of space!

He sang “Kick Ass” too. It was the first time I had heard it in a show. And it was great!

And “la solitude” again by Barbara, my favorite song for years! Always so moving! (My God! How did he know?) :blush-anim-cl:

It last more than one hour and half (about… I didn’t have a watch) and each minute was full of joy and emotion.

Wonderful report:wub2:

What church part in latin after "but you know he's dead"?

Wonderful report:wub2:

What church part in latin after "but you know he's dead"?

Thank you! :blush-anim-cl:

After "but you know he's dead", the music stops slowly, Mika makes the sign of the cross, turns around and says a few words in latin like a priest for a funeral oration in church.

And the songs starts again!

Great moment! :mf_lustslow:

It's a real plesure to read your messages.

I am still at this concert (i look all the video on You Tube/ thanks to jeanmarc).

It was so great to be in the second rang and at the middle. It 's only my third time with Mika and it was so amazing.

Do you think it could be better at Colmar???

Wonderful public and fan club with their surprises.

I hope to be to the party the 15 august!

Mika : you was like a atomic pile on stage and i love that.It was a wonderful pleasure to see you in this form. Your smiles and your power are incredibles. You are a sunflower and an angel.:wink2::thumb_yello:

Thanks for all and see you soon.

P.S : i hope you like the Canavache badge from cow'surfing team!

Thank you! :blush-anim-cl:

After "but you know he's dead", the music stops slowly, Mika makes the sign of the cross, turns around and says a few words in latin like a priest for a funeral oration in church.

And the songs starts again!

Great moment! :mf_lustslow:

Hope there's a video of that moment, I wanna see it:biggrin2:

Back from France, and on here via two VERY long days at work (next stop: bed!).

Nimes and Carcassonne were an absolute blast! Two wonderfully inspiring settings for two wonderfully inspiring shows. Isn't it brilliant how Mika's gigs make everyone come out so happy?! Crap day at work? Go see Mika - come out smiling!

It was just fabulous to be in an audience who were so 110% into it from the start. AND who knew when to rock and when to be quiet (you could hear a pin drop during OMS and La Solitude - really nice!).

Nimes was baking! In the middle of the day I wandered round inside the arena while the crew were working on the stage - being a totally round enclosed amphitheatre it was basically like a cauldron. Heaven only knows what the temperature was in there, but I never drank so much water in my life!

It was just a bit cooler by evening when Newton Faulkner came on. Just him and his guitar. He seemed like a really sweet guy - unassuming, and chatted to the crowd quite a bit. Florence & THe Machine I thought were a bit disappointing. It's not really my sort of thing anyway, but I didn't think she had much rapport with the audience and everything sounded a bit the same (but that's just my personal opinion).

Mika starting alone with Grace Kelly in French was a bit of a surprise, but it worked really well. Rain was, as usual, the song that sent the place mental, and Love Today and Relax. Lots of encores - the noise that came from people stomping on the wooden boarding round the amphitheatre sides was deafening! :thumb_yello: I think the crowd would have happily stayed all night if they'd played every song Mika's ever written or covered... but then of course they had to get to the next gig in Carcassonne!

I already did a brief report on Carcassonne in that thread, and I'm not sure I can add to it, except to say it was another great show with a great audience, lots of encores (My Interpretation as well), and it's too bad the seats didn't have seat cushions to chuck in the air! Although actually the stage was so full of people there wouldn't have been room for cushions as well...:roftl:

After the two Mika gigs, I went back to Nimes for a very different type of gig. The arena was all seated this time, the artist was in his sixties, and the audience mostly 50+. TBH I was quite pleased to sit down after the huge amount of walking I'd done in the previous two days, and the tiny amount of sleep I'd had! But while I was sitting in my not-so-comfy seat, it got me musing - I wonder if Mika will be playing gigs when he's in his sixties? I'd like to think he will, as his songwriting ability will surely give him a long career, and by them he'll have a HUGE back catalogue of songs to entertain us with! (Although being an oldling already, I'll be in my dotage by then and will need a Stannah stairlift to get to my seat unless it's on the flat bit...)! :teehee:

Nice pics, thanks :D

Here's the beginning of my photos :

4834002977_fc9e9eb275.jpg

4834006757_81185fb681.jpg

4834007803_e2742de415.jpg

4834618506_56e177b84c.jpg

4834011051_2fc6ab266b.jpg

And the videos :

SITM :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=con-x9hNOeU

Billy Brown (beginning) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de8wFcet_YU