Mika's Fake Watch Wristband - where can I buy it?

Zak110695

I've seen this fake watch on Mika's interview on The Morning Show and in his BWKTM promo photo.

8b167355.png

I was just wondering if there is any where I can buy this watch online or anything?! I really want this wristband/watch. I've been trying to find it for ages! :biggrin2:

(P.S. If there is already thread that can tell me where to buy it, please tell me & feel free to delete this post :D)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Zak, you might be able to find something similar at Diva or Equipe or one of those cheap jewellery places... you'd be surprised at the Mikaish stuff you can get at those places...

OMG, Im so goin there tomorrow! I have seen a few Mikaish stuff there.

It was made by his designer friend Walter Van Beirendonck, so I'm guessing it's a one-of-a-kind thing.

Oh I didn't know that. Has Mika said so somewhere? Those necklaces are not one of a kind, so maybe the watch was also for sale...?

OMG, Im so goin there tomorrow! I have seen a few Mikaish stuff there.

They have some pretty awesome stuff... I have to resist the urge to buy something everytime I go there! :roftl:

Actually, I think the hearts bracelets came from there...

They have some pretty awesome stuff... I have to resist the urge to buy something everytime I go there! :roftl:

Actually, I think the hearts bracelets came from there...

I saw some hearts bracelets once in Claire's. It's a cheap jewellery chain store in many UK towns.

I like looking on market stalls for stuff like the kind Mika wears. It may not be exactly the same as his, but it's often close enough.

But as for the fake watch, I would tend to try and make it myself. I would look for a wide gold wristband that is fancy. I would make the face out of a piece of black velvet and stick it onto a slightly bigger circle of a different coloured material, so there is a surround to it. Then attach it to the wristband. Add the numbers and the hands with a thin marker pen, and there would be a fake watch.

Or, you could use the gold wristband and use the face of an old wristwatch, stuck onto it.

I saw some hearts bracelets once in Claire's. It's a cheap jewellery chain store in many UK towns.

I like looking on market stalls for stuff like the kind Mika wears. It may not be exactly the same as his, but it's often close enough.

But as for the fake watch, I would tend to try and make it myself. I would look for a wide gold wristband that is fancy. I would make the face out of a piece of black velvet and stick it onto a slightly bigger circle of a different coloured material, so there is a surround to it. Then attach it to the wristband. Add the numbers and the hands with a thin marker pen, and there would be a fake watch.

Or, you could use the gold wristband and use the face of an old wristwatch, stuck onto it.

Sounds like Diva and Equipe are similar to Claire's... I actually got a material bracelet that I like to think is slightly similar to Mika's watch :teehee:

I guess if you use felt or similar to make it, you can get fabric paint and paint on the dial or something :dunno:

Sounds like Diva and Equipe are similar to Claire's... I actually got a material bracelet that I like to think is slightly similar to Mika's watch :teehee:

I guess if you use felt or similar to make it, you can get fabric paint and paint on the dial or something :dunno:

I never thought of using felt. But that would probably work better than velvet. The wristband could be really fancy, with sequins or beads sewn onto it.

I never thought of using felt. But that would probably work better than velvet. The wristband could be really fancy, with sequins or beads sewn onto it.

Oooh yeah!

Okay, I wanna make a fake watch now! (even though I'm completely useless at sewing :naughty:)

Archived