Mika Makes Music For Fans (Bang Media)

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Mika's music is not meant for people who don't understand it.

The 'Rain' singer doesn't worry about impressing people who aren't already fans because he knows the songs he produces don't fit in to typical genres.

The 26-year-old pop star explained: "If you don't understand my music it's obviously not meant for you. My music is not calculated. It is a product of circumstance.

"It might appeal to you because of the life you've had or because you relate to the stories. But my music is not fashion. It's not sound. It's not scene. I was never accepted into a scene. I tried! And I would have liked it! But I can't and I just don't know how to do it. I don't know how to make any other type of music than the music I make."

The singer - whose real name is Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. - also admits he wasn't surprised when he revealed he was bisexual that no one seemed to care.

He explained: "Look, I've always said I can fall in love with a man. I can fall in love with a woman. And I've always said that I have no shame in that. And I don't think there was any negative reaction to what I said coming out as bisexual.

"In fact I don't think there was any reaction - I don't think anyone was surprised whatsoever. I don't think anyone gives a s**t. I think people just want me to have a label."

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'Rain' singer doesn't worry about impressing people who aren't already fans because he knows the songs he produces don't fit in to typical genres.

The 26-year-old pop star explained: "If you don't understand my music it's obviously not meant for you. My music is not calculated. It is a product of circumstance.

"It might appeal to you because of the life you've had or because you relate to the stories. But my music is not fashion. It's not sound. It's not scene. I was never accepted into a scene. I tried! And I would have liked it! But I can't and I just don't know how to do it. I don't know how to make any other type of music than the music I make."

The singer - whose real name is Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. - also admits he wasn't surprised when he revealed he was bisexual that no one seemed to care.

He explained: "Look, I've always said I can fall in love with a man. I can fall in love with a woman. And I've always said that I have no shame in that. And I don't think there was any negative reaction to what I said coming out as bisexual.

"In fact I don't think there was any reaction - I don't think anyone was surprised whatsoever. I don't think anyone gives a s**t. I think people just want me to have a label."

that is one of the reasons why we love his music, isn't it? :wub2:

I'm sure I've read those lines somewhere on MFC, but can't find where :aah:

:naughty:

here e.g.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24551

I'm sure it was in others too tho before, maybe seven magazine? :dunno:

The problem is not that we read this a million times!!!! But that we read this for years now!!!!!!!!!!! :aah:

idd! Come on mika, we want some new juicy bits!:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

"

MIka's style! I luv it :blush-anim-cl:

Well we've said that here many times we don't care about that, so no big deal really.

And I agree what he says about his music, if you don't get it, it's not for you.

Too many people want to catergorise him, he is what he is, let it go!

Well we've said that here many times we don't care about that, so no big deal really.

And I agree what he says about his music, if you don't get it, it's not for you.

Too many people want to catergorise him, he is what he is, let it go!

EXACTLY! well said! :naughty::naughty:

Archived