Mika promotion Worldwide Award from Radio 1's Giles Peterson

krjsantos

I just think it's a way to publicize and perhaps get it for da man :naughty:

Tweet today by @KOKOLondon:

What 2010 artists do you think deserve a Worldwide Award from Radio 1's Giles Peterson this Saturday?

2 hours ago via web

I sent my suggestion:

MIKA deserves @mikasounds made an incredible world tour in 2010 "Imaginarium Tour" Amazing.

If this post is not appropriate here, mods please delete this :wink2:

Sorry my english is horrible :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just think it's a way to publicize and perhaps get it for da man :naughty:

Tweet today by @KOKOLondon:

What 2010 artists do you think deserve a Worldwide Award from Radio 1's Giles Peterson this Saturday?

2 hours ago via web

I sent my suggestion:

MIKA deserves @mikasounds made an incredible world tour in 2010 "Imaginarium Tour" Amazing.

If this post is not appropriate here, mods please delete this :wink2:

Sorry my english is horrible :blush-anim-cl:

As great an idea as this is, Giles show is dedicated to music outside of the UK, to bring attention to music from around the world that we would never normally hear here.

Just thought I should let you know:thumb_yello:

As great an idea as this is, Giles show is dedicated to music outside of the UK, to bring attention to music from around the world that we would never normally hear here.

Thinks I have a chance then?:mf_rosetinted:

Shame :blush-anim-cl: I did not realize it :aah:

anyway thanks for telling me :wink2:

I see no reason why we shouldn't suggest MIKA. Especially if the people who tweet say what country they are from. Mika is a global icon and it's time Radio One realised this. So even if they don't give him the award (since technically he's British) it might just wake them up to the impace Mika has had on the world. At least it would show how popular he is.

That's my view anyway.

I see no reason why we shouldn't suggest MIKA. Especially if the people who tweet say what country they are from. Mika is a global icon and it's time Radio One realised this. So even if they don't give him the award (since technically he's British) it might just wake them up to the impace Mika has had on the world. At least it would show how popular he is.

That's my view anyway.

I should explain, that Giles does a show that spotlights less known acts from around the world, that we aren't familiar with here.

These awards are recognition to these artists and their work, it's got nothing to do with artists that are already recognised worldwide.

So, as much I wish R1 WOULD recognise him more, I'm pretty sure he won't be nominated in this.

Archived