Message from MIKA to Japan 日本人のファンへ

dcdeb

From MIKA to Japan:

I think the whole world was rocked at the news of the devastating Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami on 11th March in Japan. It’s hard to believe that following more than 800 aftershocks and tsunamis, another quake hit a month later to the day. I can’t even imagine what everybody there is going through. I have been trying to decide how best to show my support since the first events – there are no words that seem adequate. But I want all my friends in Japan to know that I am thinking about them and sending them my love

I have a lot of friends in Japan and thankfully all of them are safe, to my knowledge. It’s a very special place to me and it doesn’t seem real that something so awful could have happened to such a beautiful nation of people. I have so many happy memories of the time I have spent there. >From my first showcase 5 years ago, I became so smitten with Japan that I set it my goal to build a fan base and be able to tour the country. We did our first proper tour last year, and we will be back even more on the next album. From performances with audience members, to amazing (and eccentric!) fans and duets with Hikaru Utada, there were so many reasons why my small tour in Japan was the highlight of last year.

It was an honour to meet so many of my wonderful fans and I pray that everything is well with them and their families. They have always been so kind and loyal to me, given me so much support over the years – now it’s our turn to help them. As a gesture, I have made a donation to the British Red Cross Japan Appeal. This is a private donation from me to them. To show our support to our friends in Japan, I hope you will all show your support in any small way you can too by clicking <here>

My thoughts and prayers are with you Japan and I look forward to coming back to see you soon.

MIKA x

Well, a bit late (:naughty:) but it's a very lovely message, and it seems to come from the heart, which I'm sure the Japanese fans will appreciate a lot.

Thanks, Mika.

Thank you Mika for your heartwarming message! :wub2: It almost made me cry:tears: We look forward to seeing you in Japan again. Your presence will definitely cheer us up:thumb_yello:

And thanks to everyone from the MFC for your support. It really means a lot to us!:huglove:

There was actually another rather large earthquake this morning...it was really scary. These aren't the brightest times for us in Japan, but we will get through!!

I honestly can't believe what you guys are having to go through, with all these quakes :shocked:. I hope that things settle soon and your amazing country can get back to normal :huglove:

This subject now feels very close to my heart because without a shadow of a doubt, my trip to Japan last summer for the Mika gigs was one of the most special experiences that I've had, and meeting you (and Miina, Tomomi, etc) was a super hightlight :wub2:. It was more amazing than I can express, so I really feel for you guys and hope that you can be feeling better very soon.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It not late... During the first moment respond not only sincerely compassionate, but also rambler and simply curious. If one was silent this does not mean that one is indifferent.

It not late... During the first moment respond not only sincerely compassionate, but also rambler and simply curious. If one was silent this does not mean that one is indifferent.

totally agree with you.

aww! Mika your soo kind and thoughtful thanks for the link I could only donate £15 at the moment but I have put it my on twitter and facebookpages so whoever looks on it will hopefully donate too I really feel for Japan for what has happened hope my donation helps towards building up Japan and helping its lovely people I love Japan especially their toys and gadgets I would love to visit Japan one day Catherine x

For the Japanese MFCers, we have had the message translated kindly by Tomomi:thumb_yello: (Thanks as always!)

3月11日に日本で発生した東北地震と津波災害のニュースには世界中が震撼させられたと思います。その後も800回以上の余震が続いていることや一ヶ月経過した現在も新たな地震が発生していることなど、現地の方たちが体験していることは自分には想像することさえ難しいです。自分なりにサポートできることは何かとこの災害が起きてからずっと考えてきましたが、どんな言葉でも自分の気持ちを表現することができませんでした。だけど日本にいるすべての友達に僕の気持ちを伝えて、愛を送ります。

日本にはたくさんの友達がいます。幸いなことに確認が取れている限りはみな無事でいます。日本は僕にとって特別な場所であの美しい国や人々がこんなひどい災難にあっているなんてとても現実とは思えません。日本にはこれまでの滞在の中で楽しい思い出がたくさんあります。5年前に初めてショウケースライブで訪れたときからいつかはツアーができるようになることを目標と決めたくらい日本に惹かれるものがありました。去年初めてツアーをして、新しいアルバムが出来上がったらより多くの場所を回るつもりでいます。観客と一体化した公演、すばらしい(エキセントリック)ファン達との出会い、宇多田ヒカルとのデュエットまで、日本ツアーのあらゆる場面が去年のハイライトでした。

たくさんのすばらしいファンと会えたことをとても光栄に思います。彼らや彼らの家族が無事でいることを祈っています。彼らはとても親切で誠実に接してくれて、長い間僕をサポートしてくれています。今度は僕たちが彼らを助ける番です。思いを形にするために、the British Red Cross Japan Appealへ個人的に寄付をしました。少しずつでか

まいません、日本をそして日本の友達を思う気持ちを届けたいと思ってもらえたらBritish

Red Cross Japan Appealからみんなも支援ができます。

日本のことを思い、祈っています。近いうちにまた会いにいけるのを楽しみにしています。

Edited by Blue Sky

Very well said Lena:thumb_yello:

Oh finally Universal Japan has posted this on their site, after a bit of a poke from us:blush-anim-cl: Not so sure about their translation though....

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/artist/mika/news.html

■被災者の方へのメッセージ

3/11に日本の東北で起こった大地震と津波に世界はショックを受けたと思います。その後も日本では800回以上の余震や津波が続き1ヶ月経った今も続いていることが信じれません。日本の皆様が体験した事に対し私には想像がつきませんが、日本のために何が出来るか最前の方法を考えていました。言葉で上手くお伝えする事が出来ませんが、日本の皆様の事を想っています。

私は日本にたくさんの友人がいましたが、幸いなことに皆無事でした。しかし日本という美しい国で、私にとって特別な国がこのような被害にあってしまったことを未だに信じることができません。日本ではたくさんの素敵な思い出があります。5年前に始めて来日して日本の方達の前で歌った時から日本という国の虜になり、この国の方々に私の音楽を聴いて欲しいと思いました。その時からの夢は日本で全国ツアーを行えるようになることでした。去年その夢を果たす事ができ、初の日本ツアーが実現しました。もちろん次のアルバムの時も日本で皆様の前で歌えるように頑張ります。去年日本のツアー中、ファンの方々がステージに上がって歌に参加してくれたり、私の歌を受け入れてくれる皆さん、そして宇多田ヒカルさんとのデュエットなどがとても記憶に残っています。決して大きなツアーではありませんでしたが、私にとって去年の最高の思い出となりました。

いままでお会いすることができた日本のファンの方々をはじめ、家族や友人の方などが無事で健康であることを心から祈っています。日本の皆様は長年私の事をサポートしてくださり、とても親切にして頂きました。今回は我々がサポートをする時だと思います。微々たる協力ですが、私はイギリス赤十字に寄付をさせて頂きました。海外にいる皆様も協力し合って日本をサポートしましょう。

http://www.redcross.org.uk/japantsunami/?approachcode=68816_googlePAD5JpTs&gclid=CN213I6hlKgCFQoY4QodjygLDA

思いと祈りを日本の皆様にお届けします。近いうちに日本で皆様にお会いできる事を楽しみにしております。

MIKA

2011.04.18更新

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...