Mika about Katy Perry on Italian magazine 'Glamour' June 2012

mari62

Thats so funny! I was just thinking about how Katy Perry and Mika knew each other while listening to Waking Up In Vegas. :aah: I have many theories about those two...:das: (cough.f.w.b.cough) They are both so cute....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for posting and translating Marina :thumb_yello:

I like that he never (not that often) talks bad about people or mentiones negative aspects.

kind of him to say all that

I agree with you. It's really is very kind of him to do that.

everybody's welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying it :original:

thank you for the find marina:huglove:.

I like that he never (not that often) talks bad about people or mentiones negative aspects.

kind of him to say all that:mikalove:

thanks for posting and translating Marina :thumb_yello:

I agree with you. It's really is very kind of him to do that.

yes, it's a very appreciable quality of his :thumb_yello:

I have always liked the diplomatic way Mika talks about Kathy's determination to achieve her goals without mentioning her talent. :naughty:

She might not be the best singer, but she is undeniably talented. Her voice might not be your piece of cake, but many would say the same about Mika's voice.

I personally love her, but I might be slightly biased because she gives me free tickets to her shows and stuff:naughty:

She is genuinely lovely with her fans though, always takes her time and she puts on a great show. I always get a bit tired of all these people bashing her because she 'can't sing'. I don't think you can judge about that unless you've seen her in flesh.

So yeah, I agree with Mika on this one.

She might not be the best singer, but she is undeniably talented. Her voice might not be your piece of cake, but many would say the same about Mika's voice.

Well, I forgot to add that I do find Katy talented as a pop icon, like I find Madonna talented as well in that respect (or at least she played an important role in pop culture until the mid-nineties). Besides, she is a great lyricists and entertainer, like Robbie Williams is, for example.

I think you can judge that by watching at her performances on tv / YT, and you can also notice how really weak her voice is. She obviously can't help it and I doubt she could improve it - she probably does not even want it to, and she needn't, although Madonna did improve her voice with some vocal training.

Anyway, Mika's falsetto may be irritating to some but he has vocal talent - that is undeniable and can be judged in an objective way. I don't mind Kathy's voice on record as she sings / speaks expressively (that's partly what makes her songs work) but when I hear her sing live I keep fearing that her voice will simply crack at some point :teehee:.

All in all, in terms of songwriting, Mika's sense for melody and Katy's witty lyrics would make a perfect combination for some great, non-standard pop songs, IMO.

Edited by suzie

Well, I forgot to add that I do find Katy talented as a pop icon, like I find Madonna talented as well in that respect (or at least she played an important role in pop culture until the mid-nineties). Besides, she is a great lyricists and entertainer, like Robbie Williams is, for example.

I think you can judge that by watching at her performances on tv / YT, and you can also notice how really weak her voice is. She obviously can't help it and I doubt she could improve it - she probably does not even want it to, and she needn't, although Madonna did improve her voice with some vocal training.

Anyway, Mika's falsetto may be irritating to some but he has vocal talent - that is undeniable and can be judged in an objective way. I don't mind Kathy's voice on record as she sings / speaks expressively (that's partly what makes her songs work) but when I hear her sing live I keep fearing that her voice will simply crack at some point :teehee:.

All in all, in terms of songwriting, Mika's sense for melody and Katy's witty lyrics would make a perfect combination for some great, non-standard pop songs, IMO.

Thing is, on tv things do not always sound like they do in real life. For example, my uncle saw a performance of Mika on tv and said how awful it was. I heard it live and it was actually quite good, but the aired version did not do the performance justice. Now I won't say she is da best singer in the world, but she knows that she isn't and still she makes it work.