Mika about Katy Perry on Italian magazine 'Glamour' June 2012

mari62

MikaaboutKatyPerryonItalianmagazineGlamourJune2012.jpgMikaaboutKatyPerryonItalianmagazineGlamourJune20122.jpg

Translation:

'Her determination rocks'

Favorite song? No doubts: Waking Up in Vegas, 'cause it makes me think of when I met her, about six or seven years ago in Los Angeles. A weird time.

The number of accesses to Katy's myspace was so high, that her page was literally going haywire; nevertheless her record company didn't believe in her. They saw no future for her.

At that moment I was very impressed by her determination: no producers were willing to help her, no-one was saying to her: 'I'll make a star out of you', she had no past at Disney Club's either, like many of today's nice pop stars, from Justin Timberlake to Christina Aguilera, not to mention Britney Spears…

Katy had just worked hard to achieve her goals by herself.

She was dreaming of becoming a star, she knew that one day she would have made it, and in the end she proved she was right.

It's a fantastic success story labelled LA.

http://www.glamour.it/

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for posting, marina! :flowers2: well, i guess it reminded him of his own story at that time. i wonder if he decided to open his myspace account and get known via the internet due to this experience.

Thankyou for posting this! I actually dreamt about Katy Perry last night and she told me she'd heard The Origin Of Love and it was amazing :shocked:

Let's hope you have the gift of prophesy.

This is a very nice find. I love what he said about her.

Why? It's true... There will be a version of the album with French songs. I don't see the harm in mentionning it:shocked:

Well, it "sounds" as he prepeared an album with only French songs, at least to me :dunno:

Why? It's true... There will be a version of the album with French songs. I don't see the harm in mentionning it:shocked:

Well, it "sounds" as he prepeared an album with only French songs, at least to me :dunno:
exactly, that's how it sounds :wink2:

I have always liked the diplomatic way Mika talks about Kathy's determination to achieve her goals without mentioning her talent. :naughty:

Oh that is very sweet, very kind words for Katy. :wub2: I always had the sense that she sort of carved out her own niche in the pop market as Mika did.

..and I think she borrowed from Mika, too :teehee:

Thank you for posting it! I like Katy Perry, I don't LOVE her, she doesn't bother me or anything. But I love the article!

Same here. The article is good. He speaks of her with great a respect, which, I hope, will please her fans.

As for me, The song I like best from her is the Hot And Cold song. After that, they seem to all sound the same to me. Teenage Dream, Firework and California Girls, they are all so similar to eachother. Unless it's just me.

Same here. The article is good. He speaks of her with great a respect, which, I hope, will please her fans.

As for me, The song I like best from her is the Hot And Cold song. After that, they seem to all sound the same to me. Teenage Dream, Firework and California Girls, they are all so similar to eachother. Unless it's just me.

No just you, same here, too :teehee: