Short Swiss interview on 20min.ch

mellody

this was in my google alerts today, and posted on the german forum, it's an interview about mika's upcoming gig in luzern and about various other things, in german: http://www.20min.ch/entertainment/musik/story/27859456

translation (sorry for any mistakes, i took the google translation and improved it. :wink2:):

"I am a victim of the street"

by Catherine Steiner - On July 23rd Mika plays at the Blue Balls Festival in Lucerne. Will the Briton maybe find a new home here?

Mika, you'll be playing at the Blue Balls Festival. Is this your first time in Lucerne?

No, I was already here as a child. Our family went crisscrossing Europe in the holidays. I remember Lucerne as very beautiful, but the city also radiates a certain melancholy.

Are you planning to mingle with people?

Yes. If you're on a long tour, it's important to participate in real life. Otherwise you may become mad.

Your new album will be out in September. How will it sound?

I got inspired by the golden era of pop, the Bee Gees and Fleetwood Mac. A few tracks are electronic.

You lived a vagabond life from a young age. Where do you feel at home?

Ask me again in ten years. I've never stopped traveling around. I am a victim of the street. Should I have a family one day, this will change.

Which country fascinates you most?

China. I've been there 16 times, and the country has changed every time. But this makes it difficult to fall in love with the place.

Your new single is called "Make You Happy." What makes you happy?

Definitely to make music. It is the only thing that has given me a purpose in life.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=mellody;3735366

Your new single is called "Make You Happy." What makes you happy?

Definitely to make music. It is the only thing that has given me a purpose in life.

but MYH is not a single.... oh well. maybe blame it on the google translation

And I love his answer :blush-anim-cl:

but MYH is not a single.... oh well. maybe blame it on the google translation

And I love his answer :blush-anim-cl:

nope, it's what they wrote. :aah: i've read that on several websites though, they all seem to think it's a single. :dunno: