• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

haha suzie i just read your RSVP comment - LOOL!! :lmao:

any MFCers trying for the polka dot choir in vienna? i'm gonna apply for the munich gig, but might write in my e-mail that if they need people for vienna, i'd be up for that as well. :teehee:

i'm curious as to how it will work out with the choir... i remember at the gig in stuttgart in 2010 they didn't find any people as LG/BG dancers, although they even had it in the local newspaper! and as a LG/BG you didn't need much talent, this time they even have to find people who can sing. and are over 21. so i guess at some gigs it's gonna be interesting...

haha suzie i just read your RSVP comment - LOOL!! :lmao:...

:teehee: My enthusiasm is yet to return - still too many other things I need to deal with till then.

any MFCers trying for the polka dot choir in vienna? i'm gonna apply for the munich gig, but might write in my e-mail that if they need people for vienna, i'd be up for that as well. :teehee:

i'm curious as to how it will work out with the choir... i remember at the gig in stuttgart in 2010 they didn't find any people as LG/BG dancers, although they even had it in the local newspaper! and as a LG/BG you didn't need much talent, this time they even have to find people who can sing. and are over 21. so i guess at some gigs it's gonna be interesting...

I think it is a good idea they are checking applicants as clearly for people who can sing it actually means more than it would for the rest. However, as one needs to make a video of themselves to apply, I bet it will be the same 10 - 15 people applying for each gig, except for France, probably, where it will be more.

I don't have the time or the willingness to video myself for that but I wouldn't exclude volunteering for that prior to that gig if it won't take much effort... :teehee:

I think it is a good idea they are checking applicants as clearly for people who can sing it actually means more than it would for the rest. However, as one needs to make a video of themselves to apply, I bet it will be the same 10 - 15 people applying for each gig, except for France, probably, where it will be more.

I don't have the time or the willingness to video myself for that but I wouldn't exclude volunteering for that prior to that gig if it won't take much effort... :teehee:

yes i also think it's a good idea they're checking applicants, no one would want people up there who sing the wrong notes. neither us as fans, nor would i want them to accept me if they don't think i'm good enough to do it without ruining mika's wonderful songs. :rolls_eyes:

you can send in only one video for one show though, so i don't think it will be the same people applying for each gig. it makes sense, so they won't get more e-mails/videos than necessary. just if they don't find enough people for one city, i think it can't hurt to write in the e-mail that you'll also be at other gigs, just in case. :teehee: but of course i'd be perfectly happy to do it only in munich - it's a fantastic chance and surely a great experience, but it definitely is WORK, as opposed to just stand in the crowd and enjoy the gig. :naughty: a very enjoyable work, but still work. :teehee:

Yes, Karin, that's the point - it IS work, indeed. As I am singing in choir by myself I know it very well. I think I could sing well in Mika's choir (like many other of you all!) and with a serious rehearsal of course, but unfortunately I'm bad in learning the lyrics by heart to sing them without a paper in the hand ;) --- so I decided not to apply me for this part of the show.

And double yes, Suzie --- I fully agree to your post, I'm also not very happy about the necessary to film my solo-singing and put it up to YT :fisch:

yes i also think it's a good idea they're checking applicants, no one would want people up there who sing the wrong notes. neither us as fans, nor would i want them to accept me if they don't think i'm good enough to do it without ruining mika's wonderful songs. :rolls_eyes:

:roftl: I am pretty sure you can sing.

And double yes, Suzie --- I fully agree to your post, I'm also not very happy about the necessary to film my solo-singing and put it up to YT :fisch:

It may be for the younger generation who record everything and feel relaxed about posting personal stuff on community sites. I am more old-fashioned in that respect. Singing as part of a choir and on stage does not have much to do with posting a film about yourself on YT.

Anyway, I wanted to ask some quick advice from the Austrian fans as I still haven't bought my train ticket. :doh:

Which station would you recommend to use (the one most convenient by public transport to the venue)

- U3 Bus station

- Westbahnhoff

-Südbahnhoff - this must be the best choice...

-Meidling

-Hütteldorf - that is for a morning train back - must be in the suburbs:dunno:

Edited by suzie

Weeell, I'm not from Vienna, so I don't know if everything is right, what I' going to say :teehee:

Südbahnhof is out of order, afaik, they build it totally new and it will be ready in 2013.

I know that U3 goes directly to the Gasometer, so if you have the possibility to go to a station from it, it will be ok...

I'll arrive on Meidlinger Bahnhof and I have to take the S1(it was 1, I think) to Landstraße and then U3 to Gasometer...

maybe this wasn't very helpfull, sorry...:dunno:

Yes, Karin, that's the point - it IS work, indeed. As I am singing in choir by myself I know it very well. I think I could sing well in Mika's choir (like many other of you all!) and with a serious rehearsal of course, but unfortunately I'm bad in learning the lyrics by heart to sing them without a paper in the hand ;) --- so I decided not to apply me for this part of the show.

from what i've seen in videos, the choir mainly has to sing the choruses though, not the whole lyrics, that makes it much easier... and you'll get told in your confirmation mail a few days before the gig which songs to learn, so you wouldn't have to learn ALL mika songs. that list of songs was even posted on mfc somewhere, so you could already start learning them now. :naughty: anyway, if you can sing and would like to do it, i think you should give it a try. :wink2:

btw, i've written you a PM here on mfc a few weeks ago, did you get it? :fisch:

:roftl: I am pretty sure you can sing.

how would you know?! :aah: in any case, there's a difference between being able to sing at home in your living room, or on a stage in front of 1000 people, with mika right next to you :shocked:, and with a microphone. i haven't sung on a stage with a microphone very often yet, and the times i did i felt like i couldn't sing at all anymore in that moment - you don't really hear yourself, or only via the speakers, it's a big difference. but well ok i guess they'll tell the choir members how to do it right... i guess i'm just... :aah::overreact: (just found this new smiley here on mfc... :naughty:)

Weeell, I'm not from Vienna, so I don't know if everything is right, what I' going to say :teehee:

Südbahnhof is out of order, afaik, they build it totally new and it will be ready in 2013.

I know that U3 goes directly to the Gasometer, so if you have the possibility to go to a station from it, it will be ok...

I'll arrive on Meidlinger Bahnhof and I have to take the S1(it was 1, I think) to Landstraße and then U3 to Gasometer...

maybe this wasn't very helpfull, sorry...:dunno:

Thank you!:flowers2:

it is helpful indeed. So Südbahnhof is out for the way back. I just need to figure where to catch the train or bus back

Dear Suzie - have a look to this map: http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.prillinger/metro/m/largemap-s-wien.html

If you'll come by train to 'Westbahnhof', you can take there the orange 'U3' with direction 'Simmering' for a direct drive to 'Gasometer'. This is the most convenient way to the venue.

But if you decide to come to 'Bahnhof Wien Meidling' take a look,

you can drive by the blue S1, as Cassilda has already told you

or take the brown 'U6' to station 'Westbahnhof' (I think U6 has closer intervals than S1) -

both lines are linked to the orange U3 ;)

I think you will reach the venue in any case - looking forward to see you again!! bye, Suzie - faballa :)

@faballa Thank you for all the explanations. I look forward to meeting you, too :original:

I think I will arrive with 1 or 2 Hungarian fans now and by train. So we'll get off at the Westbahnhoff as there is a direct line to the Gasometer from there.

As for going back, I think the earliest train is from Meidling at 6am, so we may just be hanging around till then - not sure where though. Perhaps in some hotel lobby with other fans :dunno:

@suzie: there is the ETAP-hotel nearby the venue, but I don't know the possibility there for staying overnight in the lobby...

Thanks for the tip. I think I'll book a night and spend Tuesday at the Schönbrunn Palace. :thumb_yello:

Hey guys!:)

I'd like to ask for some advices from the Austrian fans. We decidet not to stay in a hotel so we need a restaurant/better bar or even a McDonalds to stay there for a few hours during the night an wait there for the first train back to Budapest.It'd be a huge help if you know a place like that.

Thanks a lot!

Hey guys!:)

I'd like to ask for some advices from the Austrian fans. We decidet not to stay in a hotel so we need a restaurant/better bar or even a McDonalds to stay there for a few hours during the night an wait there for the first train back to Budapest.It'd be a huge help if you know a place like that.

Thanks a lot!

Sorry, I can't help :dunno:

I know that there was/is a McDonalds in the Gasometer, but that one is surely closed in the night...

It's a little bit late, but shouldn't we organise something like balloons, confetti or tinsel(?) also?

As it was such a great success in Cologne...

Or is there already planned anything?

To be honest, I'd prefer if the evening was about Mika impressing me and not the other way round. :teehee: We did plan a surprise for Mika at last year's Balaton Sound, for example, but it was only to make him feel more comfortable given it was not his own gig. The Vienna gig two and a half years ago was awesome without any particular things planned and that was because of the audience. I expect the same diverse and enthusiastic audience to be present this year as well and even with some genuine surprise for him in terms of personal banners, dance moves or simply being able to sing with him and enjoy themselves the way they prefer to do so.

If anyone comes up with any special idea, I am happy to participate, of course, but I personally don't think it would be needed for Vienna. :dunno:

Well, I don't have any special ideas for this. I'll just come there in ordinary clothes and enjoy the gig, the city and the company. I'll be leaving early tomorrow and staying in the former Etap hotel (it has changed its name) until Wednesday. I'll see you in the queue! :huglove: Though probably not very early. I've got the flu and I might not be up to queueing much.

Meet & Greet

http://www.krone.at/Musik/Gewinne_ein_Treffen_mit_dem_britischen_Popstar_Mika!-Meet_-_Greet-Story-339271

Popstar Mika gastiert mit seinem neuen Album "The Origin Of Love" am 5. November im Wiener Gasometer. Mit der "Krone" hast du die Möglichkeit, den Briten bei seinem Auftritt persönlich zu treffen.

Es wird viel Liebe in der Luft liegen, wenn der quirlige Popstar Mika am 5. November in die Wiener Gasometer- Halle einzieht. Denn der sympathische Engländer hat sein neues Album "The Origin Of Love" im Gepäck – und auf dem singt er, wie der Titel schon verrät, nur über die Liebe. Und das hat einen sehr naheliegenden Grund: Mika ist verliebt! "Ja, ich bin in einer glücklichen Beziehung", gesteht der ansonsten recht scheue Musiker begeistert. "Ich bin normalerweise eine sehr private Person. Aber in diesem Moment meines Lebens hat es sich perfekt angefühlt, über die Liebe zu schreiben."

Erst seit Kurzem steht er zu seiner Homosexualität – auch in seinen Songs. "Ich weiß, dass die Menschen immer darüber gesprochen haben. Aber ich wollte mich nicht zwingen lassen, darüber zu sprechen."

Nun fühlt er sich in seiner Haut rundum wohl – und das will er am 5. November mit seinen Fans in der Wiener Gasometer- Halle feiern. Mit seinen bunten Pop- Shows und fröhlichen Sounds ist er ohnehin ein Gute- Laune- Garant.

Wenn du den sympathischen Star persönlich treffen willst, dann hast du jetzt die Gelegenheit dazu. Die "Krone" verlost 1 x 2 "Meet & Greets" inklusive Tickets (siehe Infobox). Mitmachen kannst du bis Sonntag, den 4. November, 19 Uhr.

arrived in vienna tonight. :biggrin2: very tired now, no sleep last night, but will go sightseeing tomorrow. and pick up my ticket. :thumb_yello:

looking forward to meet you all!

i've decided to stay in a hostel next to the westbahnhof for the night after the gig, as my train to munich leaves quite early. makes things easier. dorm beds there are just 10€, so if anyone's also leaving from westbahnhof and has an early train, this might be a good alternative to sitting in a mcdonalds all night. :wink2: the hostel group is called wombats, and the cheap one for 10€ is the wombats base hostel. :wink2:

about doing any suprises... i'm already doing lots for the other gigs, the good thing about those small venues is that you can involve a huge part of the crowd... in vienna the venue is for 2000 or 3000 people i think? although they might just use half of the venue (dunno?) you'd have to do something quite big again to make it work. maybe we can do something really small, just a few people in front row, without much effort - what i wanted to do in cologne already but forgot cause we had so much other stuff there was to gently throw star-shaped confetti for stardust (gently because it's a slow beautiful song, it should look like stardust, not like party-confetti *g*) ... i have some with me, will bring it to the gig on monday in any case. :wink2: the other alternative i thought of was use glitter as stardust... but don't know how that would work, it would be hard to throw... maybe if you pack it in a tissue and throw it up in the air so the glitter falls down like stardust when the tissue opens? :dunno: could be a cool effect, but no idea if it would work.