French interview on CKOI 96,9

LaraMay

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok... i'm just in the 2nd year of my french course and it's 2:30 a.m. here... but i got some things. Hope it make some sense... sorry for my terrible french!:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

Woman: Mika’s in Québec. It ‘s a really beautiful story of love, isn’t it?

MIKA: Yeah, it’s a place that I really love. It’s a place that I love to be. I did many things for my new album here. ( I didn’t got what he said 0:21 to 0:41. I guess it’s something like he visit the city, but he doesn’t know it at all, and he’ll finish the album in the same day he arrived there. Really don’t know.. sorry! xD)

W: Did something from Montreal inspired to your new album? Did you used something from the city?

M: When I started to make the new album I had 3 places to go and write it: London, New York or Montreal. Of course not London cause I won’t work (I guess it’s. or it’s something like get stressed out), neither New York. So there was Montreal, so I said at the 1st moment, it’s a city that I love. And there’s a “free spirit”, it’s easier to work. And the people from Québec are creative. They’re free, aren’t they?

W: It’s easier to create in French? Cause you think in English, and the language variation make it’s hard…

M: Exactly, it’s hard to do this “transition”. But I have a friend Doriand, who is a translator, that helped me, and we writhed together. The French music make part of my musical education, when I lived in Paris. So I heard many French singers ( I won’t dare to try to write theirs name here, it’s 2:32 to 2:38).

W: So did you have some influence from them in this album?

M: (again, I didn’t got what he said; 2:40 to 2:45). It’s an album that I wrote all by my self. I didn’t heard the radio, I didn’t that it should be commercial in any way. It’s a way o find out my felling of joy and freedom that I search in my album.

W: (again, she’s drunk… hahaha 2:59 to 3:04)

M: No… (he try to say something, and I didn’t get again 3:05 to 3:23). I wrote my own songs. So it’s my creation… and I didn’t do the album the album alone.

W: And we’ll heard it with pleasure. Will you come to Montreal whit this tour?

M: Yes, I’ll come here with my new tour.

W: In which season?

M: I think in the end of the autumn

W: (she said something that I didn’t get. But it was thanking him). So I’ll see you in the end of the autumn!

M: thanks! Bye!

:mikalove:

Edited by Wesley Müller

ok... i'm just in the 2nd year of my french course and it's 2:30 a.m. here... but i got some things. Hope it make some sense... sorry for my terrible french!:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

MIKA: Yeah, it’s a place that I really love. It’s a place that I love to be. I did many things for my new album here. ( I didn’t got what he said 0:21 to 0:41. I guess it’s something like he visit the city, but he doesn’t know it at all, and he’ll finish the album in the same day he arrived there. Really don’t know.. sorry! xD)

W: Did something from Montreal inspired to your new album? Did you used something from the city?

M: When I started to make the new album I had 3 places to go and write it: London, New York or Montreal. Of course not London cause I won’t work (I guess it’s. or it’s something like get stressed out), neither New York. So there was Montreal, so I said at the 1st moment, it’s a city that I love. And there’s a “free spirit”, it’s easier to work. And the people from Québec are creative. They’re free, aren’t they?

W: It’s easier to create in French? Cause you think in English, and the language variation make it’s hard…

M: Exactly, it’s hard to do this “transition”. But I have a friend Doriand, who is a translator, that helped me, and we writhed together. The French music make part of my musical education, when I lived in Paris. So I heard many French singers ( I won’t dare to try to write theirs name here, it’s 2:32 to 2:38).

M: (again, I didn’t got what he said; 2:40 to 2:45). It’s an album that I wrote all by my self. I didn’t heard the radio, I didn’t that it should be commercial in any way. It’s a way o find out my felling of joy and freedom that I search in my album.

M: No… (he try to say something, and I didn’t get again 3:05 to 3:23). I wrote me own songs. So it’s my creation… and I didn’t do the album the album alone.

W: And we’ll heard it with pleasure. When you’ll come to Montreal whit this tour?

W: (she said something that I didn’t get. But it was thanking him). So I’ll see you in the end of the autumn!

:shocked: It's great Wesley!

To a 2nd year of French is really good :biggrin2:

Thank you :huglove:

M: No… (he try to say something, and I didn’t get again 3:05 to 3:23). I wrote my own songs. So it’s my creation… and I didn’t do the album the album alone.

You did a good job. Thanks!

Good job Wesley!

thanks for posting:thumb_yello:

Thats my fave of the Montreal interviews, it's so cool and relaxed. Also it's made me think that Montreal must be a fantastic place to visit. I'd love to go there some day.

Montreal is a fantastic city:blush-anim-cl: