Orange.co.uk: Mika's summer highlights - 26/09/2012

DerMoment1608

Mika's summer highlights

Mika spent his summer in the sun, therefore not in the UK!

With a new album on the way, The Origin Of Love, due out on 8 October, Monkey from Orange caught up with the technicoloured and flamboyant singer to find out what he got up to this summer.

The singer spent the long hot months, understandably away from the dreary weather in the UK, in the sunshine - lucky Mika! He found his rays in Sri Lanka and Italy, taking in the amazing scenery and tucking into the local cuisine.

We chat to the star about his summer highlights...

Q: Best holiday

Sri Lanka in the Tea Trails, ******* amazing, you can't believe how beautiful it is. Everything is toy-sized.

Q: Best meal

Veal ragu, fresh homemade pasta in a small tavern near Alba in Italy.

Q: Most memorable sunset

Sri Lanka and the tea trails.

Q: Most memorable sunrise

Near Alba in Italy at the foothills of the Alps at 5am after staying up all night drinking too much wine. Seeing the sunrise over the Alps is pretty amazing. It comes for free!

Q: Best gig

Quite interestingly, out of all the hipster gigs I've seen, out of all the people I was so desperate to see, the one person I was expecting nothing from live, was absolutely stunning and I really wasn't expecting this - it was Melody Gardot.

It's just incredibly musical. The tapestry of sound and colour and all her lights are timed and they fuse into different colours as chords change and all the songs blend into one another. There's about 100 people on stage and it looks like a shipwreck, she wears a turban and walks around with her cane and sings like a goddess. She's amazing live.

Q: Most romantic moment

Missing three flights on the way to my summer holiday, missing three flights in a row and probably having the best seven hours you possibly could. Bumming around from one take out joint to the next and Heathrow duty free. You wouldn't expect it but it was actually really fun.

Mika's new single, Celebrate feat. Pharrell Williams, is out 30 September.

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/monkeymusic/mika_s_summer_highlights

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: Most romantic moment

Missing three flights on the way to my summer holiday, missing three flights in a row and probably having the best seven hours you possibly could. Bumming around from one take out joint to the next and Heathrow duty free. You wouldn't expect it but it was actually really fun.

:floor::floor:

Oh Mika you are the best!! :aah: