Mika in Shangay Style magazine No. 17 (Spanish) (OCT-2012)

Blue Sky

From Twitter: Mika opens up about his coming out and his new music to @Shangaycom. The real @mikasounds featured in Shangay #Style.

http://issuu.com/shangay/docs/s17

p 30-31

Don't know how to make it big enough to read, so here is just a snapshot, and if someone else can make it readable size, please post the link and I'll update this post.:thumb_yello:

Mikashangaymagazine.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Twitter: Mika opens up about his coming out and his new music to @Shangaycom. The real @mikasounds featured in Shangay #Style.

http://issuu.com/shangay/docs/s17

p 30-31

Don't know how to make it big enough to read, so here is just a snapshot, and if someone else can make it readable size, please post the link and I'll update this post.:thumb_yello:

Mikashangaymagazine.jpg

If I could read it I would translate it :aah:

I'm not sure if this interview has been translated accurately into Spanish. Some phrases sound just weird...

:blink:

Like:

"En ciertos medios sí se te ha criticado por no haberte declarado gay mucho antes"

"¡Me la suda! Es mi vida, no la suya, y quienes lo piensen se pueden ir al infierno"

_________

"You've been criticized in the media for not having said you're gay before"

"I don't give a damn! It's my life, not theirs. Whoever thinks that can go to hell"

That's not Mika for me... :no:

I'm not sure if this interview has been translated accurately into Spanish. Some phrases sound just weird...

:blink:

Like:

"En ciertos medios sí se te ha criticado por no haberte declarado gay mucho antes"

"¡Me la suda! Es mi vida, no la suya, y quienes lo piensen se pueden ir al infierno"

_________

"You've been criticized in the media for not having said you're gay before"

"I don't give a damn! It's my life, not theirs. Whoever thinks that can go to hell"

That's not Mika for me... :no:

I think after the constant bombardment of questions about it, I can well imagine him saying it. And he's right, it is his life, and it was his choice to come out when he felt ready.

This is the thing with the media, they want everything done on their timetable, and get nasty when it doesn't happen.

Good on Mika for doing this on his terms, and in his own time!:thumb_yello:

I think after the constant bombardment of questions about it, I can well imagine him saying it. And he's right, it is his life, and it was his choice to come out when he felt ready.

This is the thing with the media, they want everything done on their timetable, and get nasty when it doesn't happen.

Good on Mika for doing this on his terms, and in his own time!:thumb_yello:

Don't get me wrong, of course he'd be right if he said so. And I agree with you. I just don't see him saying those words to any journalist. I think he's much more "diplomatic" and wise to say things in a more subtle way, if you know what I mean...

Don't get me wrong, of course he'd be right if he said so. And I agree with you. I just don't see him saying those words to any journalist. I think he's much more "diplomatic" and wise to say things in a more subtle way, if you know what I mean...

And, Spanish media are masters in exaggerating things... :naughty:

Indeed, he is usually very diplomatic, and maybe it is the way it comes over in translation. But in a couple of interviews lately he has come over as slightly stand offish, when asked questions in relation to the subject.

Indeed, he is usually very diplomatic, and maybe it is the way it comes over in translation. But in a couple of interviews lately he has come over as slightly stand offish, when asked questions in relation to the subject.

Alright, if he really meant that... :thumb_yello:

Ok, I managed to read it... There´s nothing new about anything, and to be honest, this is a bad translation. These are not Mika´s words or his style, so I´m pretty sure they just took the main ideas and did the translation as they pleased.

The only thing that is different from other interviews is that Mika says it was Pharrell who called him cause he wanted to be part of this record ( I thought it was the other way around, but I might be wrong at this point). He also says: "he was one of the many artists who wanted to colaborate with me in this record (?) even if they knew it was going to be limited since I didn´t want them to slip in my world. I just want them to colaborate with me. I write albums that sound like Mika".

Weird enough. If I didn´t know who Mika is, I´d thought he is a conceited guy, more in Christiano Ronaldo´s style.... :lmfao:

Ok, I managed to read it... There´s nothing new about anything, and to be honest, this is a bad translation. These are not Mika´s words or his style, so I´m pretty sure they just took the main ideas and did the translation as they pleased.

The only thing that is different from other interviews is that Mika says it was Pharrell who called him cause he wanted to be part of this record ( I thought it was the other way around, but I might be wrong at this point). He also says: "he was one of the many artists who wanted to colaborate with me in this record (?) even if they knew it was going to be limited since I didn´t want them to slip in my world. I just want them to colaborate with me. I write albums that sound like Mika".

Weird enough. If I didn´t know who Mika is, I´d thought he is a conceited guy, more in Christiano Ronaldo´s style.... :lmfao:

Thanks! :thumb_yello: and yes,he said before that it was Pharrell who called him.:teehee:

thanks Rosa! :D

Thanks! :thumb_yello: and yes,he said before that it was Pharrell who called him.:teehee:
yes, I remember him saying that as well :teehee: