TOOL in the gift ideas special section of the Journal de Québec

Zimwana

I was reading the newspaper while waiting for my car in the garage yesterday, and what do I see in the christmas gift ideas section? Mika!!

Here is the small article:

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/cahiers-speciaux-jdq/ideescadeaux-22novembre2012/2012112101/12.html#12

They say TOOL is his fourth album though :sneaky2:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading the newspaper while waiting for my car in the garage yesterday, and what do I see in the christmas gift ideas section? Mika!!

http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/cahiers-speciaux-jdq/ideescadeaux-22novembre2012/2012112101/12.html#12

I think they counted Songs for Sorrow and that is why they said it's his 4th album :dunno:

yeah, it's cool! :thumb_yello:

Promo in quebec, i must dream.....:aah:

CKOI does play them, Karen is #8 in the top 30 French songs:thumb_yello:

Yes indeed in Montreal, but not in Quebec city - that's what I meant. I have to say I never listen to the radio but I'm looking at their website. It's strange, I would have thought they played the same songs :dunno:

Yes indeed in Montreal, but not in Quebec city - that's what I meant. I have to say I never listen to the radio but I'm looking at their website. It's strange, I would have thought they played the same songs :dunno:

Same thing here, in Sherbrooke. :doh:

Something's wrong with the Champlain Bridge? :fisch:

They don't play Elle me dit on your radio stations ? I can hear it almost everytime I'm listening to the radio (and I never listen to it so... !). NRJ are playing it twice a day as I can see on their website. Drummond's better than Quebec and Sherbrooke. :fisch: But never heard Karen...

Yes it seems that NRJ play Elle me dit twice a day (but not the other songs) in Québec as well.

Like I said I never listen to radio :fisch:

Yes it does... I remember driving around to listen to it while I was visiting...

P.S. Quebec is my hometown:fisch:

Yes it seems that NRJ play Elle me dit twice a day (but not the other songs) in Québec as well.

Like I said I never listen to radio :fisch:

Me neither. I must be really lucky then. :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

*buys 739748373 TOOLs for family and friend*

They DID say it was a good gift idea :naughty:

I hear mika quite often on the radio. EMD has been on for like a year and a half. Ive heard celebrate a few times. And it was in the countdown on musimax :wub2: and karen is now a new radio favorite. :wub2:

I dont know. We have a thing for Mika i guess here :fangurl:

*buys 739748373 TOOLs for family and friend*

They DID say it was a good gift idea :naughty:

I hear mika quite often on the radio. EMD has been on for like a year and a half. Ive heard celebrate a few times. And it was in the countdown on musimax :wub2: and karen is now a new radio favorite. :wub2:

I dont know. We have a thing for Mika i guess here :fangurl:

How great that "Karen" is a radio favorite!! - I couldn't hear anything better - cause I think it's the ultimate song :thumb_yello:

I've loved it deeply from the very first time I heard it :fisch::fisch:

In Norway "Celebrate" was on the radio for some time - then it got quiet, and these days it's again only "Grace Kelly" which is played - I think the radio reporters are unconsious!! I've worked in a local radio st. for 15 years, and I'm not impressed by their music choice at all - when MIKA gives us sooo many fantastic songs, and they just get stucked by GK !?!?!

And I'll spread TOOL as gifts - that's for sure :wub2:

Love,love

MB

How great that "Karen" is a radio favorite!! - I couldn't hear anything better - cause I think it's the ultimate song :thumb_yello:

I've loved it deeply from the very first time I heard it :fisch::fisch:

In Norway "Celebrate" was on the radio for some time - then it got quiet, and these days it's again only "Grace Kelly" which is played - I think the radio reporters are unconsious!! I've worked in a local radio st. for 15 years, and I'm not impressed by their music choice at all - when MIKA gives us sooo many fantastic songs, and they just get stucked by GK !?!?!

And I'll spread TOOL as gifts - that's for sure :wub2:

Love,love

MB

Yeah i guess its a safe choice playing GK since it was such a big hit:aah:

I mean. Even old songs is good if they play them :fangurl: but TOOL does have much more potential :)!

Really happy bout Karen :wub2: hoping the next single will get some promotion here as well :)

You dont get mika alot in norway neither do you?

Yeah i guess its a safe choice playing GK since it was such a big hit:aah:

I mean. Even old songs is good if they play them :fangurl: but TOOL does have much more potential :)!

Really happy bout Karen :wub2: hoping the next single will get some promotion here as well :)

You dont get mika alot in norway neither do you?

Of course huge hits are safe to air - and I'm happy that all kinds of radio st. use GK often, so people will not forget MIKA :blush-anim-cl: but I think they should present also new, great stoff as well...

What I'm not happy about is the lack of advertising - and really bad - promo work for TOOL !! In Norway it seems like it was never released!? Not ONE newspaper or mag reviewed TOOL - at first I was very shocked and angry, now I'm just sad. When I wanted to buy it - cause I still had not received the orderer special version through Mikasounds - the shops I asked didn't stock it!?!? Luckily I should be in Denmark for one day, and there I got it:thumb_yello:

So YES all the talk here about the really bad promotion for TOOL I fully support, it's just crazy, also in this country - and MIKA really deserves better, cause this is the album of the year !!! :thumb_yello::fisch:

I'm afraid that a new concert in Oslo during 2013 will just be something to dream about - otherwise things must change really fast ...

Love,love

MB