MIKA @ Rocher de Palmer, Bordeaux, FRANCE - 25 November 2012: REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

He says: 20 minutes before this concert tonight I didn't know if I had a voice. So a circus doctor took care of me. He doesn't take care of elephants,he isn't a vet he looks after human beings. Thanks to him we are here tonight because we thought of putting the gig off to January.So far I'm fine I can tell that all the drugs they give to elephants are great, they have fantastic effects, in a lot of senses. Elephants are big (arms wide apart) but .... (can't understand this sentence. I listened to it 10 times and I'm French!!) Here is the result (he shows his body)

Hope that helps. For me it doesn't.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah, I hadn't listened to the full excerpt. He's saying the effects of elephant meds are super, because elephants are "grands" - big, or in his sense, tall. "Voilà le résultat" - to say he's living proof of the effects of meds made for large animals.

:blink:

I think.

Lynx, can you understand what he says just after "les éléphants sont grands"? I hear: moi je suis pas tellement grand.

Yes! That's it. "Moi je suis pas tellement grand. Voilà le résultat."

"I'm not that big. Here's the result."

@Wonka: I've come to know both Mika's clown side and his gentle, sweet side. I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt :wub2: I guess I always will be...

Lynx, can you understand what he says just after "les éléphants sont grands"? I hear: moi je suis pas tellement grand.

Found the elephant bit story,thanks to Vanessa :thumb_yello:

[YOUTUBE]yfJJrG1b8rY&feature[/YOUTUBE]

thanks for the link:thumb_yello:

just watched it and he doesnt say anything naughty at all. he's just joking a bit saying he's been given medicines that are for huge animals like elephants and probably not for humans. the way he said it is pretty funny!!

and the performance of Stardust is beautiful as always:wub2:

Hahah, I would go with the less naughty explanation, lol. I never understand what he is saying in French, but I can guess some parts, of course. I think the band can't understand his jokes either, not sure any of them speaks French. He didn't talk much at this gig but he was smiling :wub2:

and the performance of Stardust is beautiful as always:wub2:

Stardust was lovely indeed, and Underwater and Karen as well, one of the best Karen performances I've heard :wub2:

(and I think he was joking about the doctor because the medicine must have been quite strong, he was dancing and jumping a lot)

Hahah, I would go with the less naughty explanation, lol. I never understand what he is saying in French, but I can guess some parts, of course. I think the band can't understand his jokes either, not sure any of them speaks French. He didn't talk much at this gig but he was smiling :wub2:

You can be sure that it's the not at all naughty explanation. I just watched the vid and there's nothing naughty about what he said. Like you said he's just joking about the medicine being quite strong and the fact that the doctor was from the circus.

Good to hear that he was smiling a lot:wub2:

Stardust was lovely indeed, and Underwater and Karen as well, one of the best Karen performances I've heard :wub2:

(and I think he was joking about the doctor because the medicine must have been quite strong, he was dancing and jumping a lot)

A friend of mine lost his voice a few weeks ago and he had to perform on stage a few days later... He was supposed to rest his voice but he really wanted to go on stage so he went was given strong medicine... He told me it was the medecines Opera singers took when they had voice problem and I guess Mika had to use it as well... My friend told me it wasn't good for the health and so, you have to be very careful with it... :'/