Example

BiaIchihara

(Who would say, I opened a thread about another artist on MFC :fisch:)

Elliot John Gleave (born 20 June 1982), better known by his stage name Example, is an English rapper and Grime MC signed to Data Records. His name arose due to his initials being E.G., which is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase exempli gratia ("for example").

example.png

These are his albums so far:

What We Made (2007)

Won't Go Quietly (2010)

Playing in the Shadows (2011)

The Evolution of Man (2012)

Some highlights about him:

The song ''Playing With Shadows'' is on the soundtrack of the game ''Batman: Arkham City'

[YOUTUBE]eRlhaS9TbFk[/YOUTUBE]

On 20 April 2013, UK duo Pet Shop Boys (:fangurl:) announced that their new studio album Electric, to be released on 15 July, will include a track called Thursday which features Example on vocals

[YOUTUBE]Po_PoW4SJ3c[/YOUTUBE]

In this interview with PSB I've posted on their thread here, they talk a bit about the song and how the collaboration with Example started :wink2:

And do you remember ''We're Coming back For You'', the Calvin Harris song Mika covered some time ago??? The original version and the music video features Example

[YOUTUBE]kPC_evpbwDM[/YOUTUBE]

You can follow him on Twitter, FB, Instagram, YT channel and his official site

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can hear WGQ and TEOM full on YT

[YOUTUBE]bpIXU2SvwJE[/YOUTUBE]

And about his upcoming album, here’s what Wikipedia says:

Example announced via Twitter that tracks off of his upcoming album "All the Wrong Places" and "Only Human" will be played at all festival gigs in the summer. "All the Wrong Places" will get its radio debut in mid-July 2013 and will be officially released on the 1st of September. Only Human was first performed live at a pre festival warm-up show at the O2 Academy Bristol on 6 June 2013.

He also revealed that the new album will feature no rapping, and he won't appear on any collaborations until the end of the album project. Gleave cites The Prodigy, Faithless, Underworld and The Chemical Brothers as influences for the new album, which will include elements of acid house, hardstyle, big beat and 90s rave.

Oh I always listen to Example when I go running!!!:naughty: Playing in the Shadows is the best training track there is when you kinda wanna slow it down but still want some beat and energy! I haven't listened to The Evolution of Man yet but maybe I should:wink2:

(Who would say, I opened a thread about another artist on MFC :fisch:)

Elliot John Gleave (born 20 June 1982), better known by his stage name Example, is an English rapper and Grime MC signed to Data Records. His name arose due to his initials being E.G., which is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase exempli gratia ("for example").

example.png

These are his albums so far:

What We Made (2007)

Won't Go Quietly (2010)

Playing in the Shadows (2011)

The Evolution of Man (2012)

Some highlights about him:

The song ''Playing With Shadows'' is on the soundtrack of the game ''Batman: Arkham City'

[YOUTUBE]eRlhaS9TbFk[/YOUTUBE]

On 20 April 2013, UK duo Pet Shop Boys (:fangurl:) announced that their new studio album Electric, to be released on 15 July, will include a track called Thursday which features Example on vocals

[YOUTUBE]Po_PoW4SJ3c[/YOUTUBE]

In this interview with PSB I've posted on their thread here, they talk a bit about the song and how the collaboration with Example started :wink2:

And do you remember ''We're Coming back For You'', the Calvin Harris song Mika covered some time ago??? The original version and the music video features Example

[YOUTUBE]kPC_evpbwDM[/YOUTUBE]

You can follow him on Twitter, FB, Instagram, YT channel and his official site

I love his songs!!!!:teehee:The first song I heard from Example is "Kickstarts"

Oh! i can't find it now, but this is the band that posted on FB about some fans being nasty to others last week. It was a long, to the point message.

:blush-anim-cl:

It was people being nasty to him.

Quick note regarding the cancellation of my performance at the Southampton Uni Grad Ball on Monday. I wasn't being lazy or unprofessional. I was in Southampton all day for the show. My voice packed up and I could barely talk. So rather than get on stage and mime or have people moan about my performance I cancelled. I apologised on twitter and gave my whole fee back to the student union. I woke up to a tirade of abuse from only a small minority of students attacking my appearance and music.

Ladies and Gentleman - artists are not bulletproof, we get ill sometimes, we have to cancel shows. If you think my music is sh*t why are you annoyed I cancelled?? Madness. Monday's show was the only gig I've cancelled this year. I've already done 50 gigs and have another 80 booked. Cancelling is not something I enjoy and I don't make a habit of it. I wont take abuse from anyone on facebook or twitter or in public. I'm a real person, don't expect me to behave like a media trained puppet. Send me nice tweets and I will tweet you nice things back. Send me abusive comments and i'll abuse you back. I'm not gonna change the way I behave on social media.

I have had the support of 1000's of fans on this whole cancellation debacle and only a handful of individuals have sent abuse. These people aren't fans. So when I attack them don't think I'm attacking all fans - just these idiots who seem to think I should be immune to all illness and like to pretend they themselves have never called in sick to work.

I've met so many of you all outside gigs and responded to so many of you on facebook and twitter over the years that you know I care about my fans but also don't stand for sh*t from haters. If you still don't like me after this explanation then please let me know below so I can block you from this page.

Cheers. El

It was people being nasty to him.

Quick note regarding the cancellation of my performance at the Southampton Uni Grad Ball on Monday. I wasn't being lazy or unprofessional. I was in Southampton all day for the show. My voice packed up and I could barely talk. So rather than get on stage and mime or have people moan about my performance I cancelled. I apologised on twitter and gave my whole fee back to the student union. I woke up to a tirade of abuse from only a small minority of students attacking my appearance and music.

Ladies and Gentleman - artists are not bulletproof, we get ill sometimes, we have to cancel shows. If you think my music is sh*t why are you annoyed I cancelled?? Madness. Monday's show was the only gig I've cancelled this year. I've already done 50 gigs and have another 80 booked. Cancelling is not something I enjoy and I don't make a habit of it. I wont take abuse from anyone on facebook or twitter or in public. I'm a real person, don't expect me to behave like a media trained puppet. Send me nice tweets and I will tweet you nice things back. Send me abusive comments and i'll abuse you back. I'm not gonna change the way I behave on social media.

I have had the support of 1000's of fans on this whole cancellation debacle and only a handful of individuals have sent abuse. These people aren't fans. So when I attack them don't think I'm attacking all fans - just these idiots who seem to think I should be immune to all illness and like to pretend they themselves have never called in sick to work.

I've met so many of you all outside gigs and responded to so many of you on facebook and twitter over the years that you know I care about my fans but also don't stand for sh*t from haters. If you still don't like me after this explanation then please let me know below so I can block you from this page.

Cheers. El

:naughty: ha yes! i remember now! but i'm happy he stood his ground!

Oooh, I love Example!! And he puts on a great show live. I've seen him in a tiny intimate venue, at a massive place (O2 and Royal Albert Hall) and at an acoustic setting, and all three times he's been superb. I also really like the way he is so open and unapologetic about his beliefs and opinions, and will just go on blocking sprees when people give him abuse :lmao:

His InstaVideos are awesome :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

[YOUTUBE]taOxW1W2fSA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]wMgnh0IjhjY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]d-HRyaTvE0A[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by BiaIchihara

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...