Mexico, How is it?

paty_2692

Hello everyone! So, since I've joined MFC I've been telling everyone that I'm from Mexico, and silly me, I assumed that everyone know how my country is... but in the past days, some of you have been asking me how is it here, if it is like in the movies:naughty:...

So I promised I would post some pics and info of my favorite spots in Mexico. Here they are (feel free to comment, I don't judge anyone who doesn't know my country!):

1.- Mexico City. Well, that's pretty obvious, it is my hometown, the place I've lived my whole life and one of the biggest cities in the world. It is a combination of modernity and ancient cultures. You can find a different corner to do something amazing every night! It has the biggest economic development, but also, you can find a lot of cultural spots. Hundreds of museums and galleries.. etc.

mexico_DF_noche_614.jpeg

ciudad_de_mexico_de_noche__8171_643x447.jpg

trajineras_xochimico_ciudad_de_mexico.jpg

2.- Cancún (Quintana Roo state). It one of the biggest tourist destinations of Mexico. You can find a lot of night life, big and small hotels, beautiful views, the beach, the sun, the heat, and the deep blue sea... along with some of the biggest archaeological reserves in the world (Mayan culture). What I love of this city is the contrast, you could be in the biggest, fanciest hotel one day, and in the most beautiful little beach house on the next

full-Leaving%20Cancun%20-%20scottjohnson.jpg

cancun-selvatica-ecoturismo.jpg

Kukulcan,_Chichén_Itzá.jpg

Cancun.jpg

3. Morelia (Michoacán state). Another city. this one's small, and beautiful, but the reason I love it so badly is that every year it is the home of the biggest film festival of my country "El festival internacional de cine de Morelia" I've been there for three years and it is simply amazing! (as a curiosity, every year, Quentin Tarantino comes to the festival and walks the streets of Morelia as if he was just another mortal haha)

morelia.jpg

catedral-de-morelia-72.jpg

4. Acapulco (Guerrero state) another beach hehe :naughty: a big city in the coast of the Pacific Ocean. It is beautiful, much more Mexican than Cancún(because of the tourism). It isn't as glamorous as other touristic spots, but the reason I love it is that I've spent a lot of good moments as a child there...

acapulco_hotel_zone.jpg

acapulco-bahia-noche.jpg

5. Toluca. As some of you can recall, I have family there, and I love going because it is a small city (that has been growing a lot lately, since our president is from there), and I can forget a little bit of the huge hustle of Mex City. It isn't glamorous or fancy at all, but I love visiting my relatives there, and it has a wonderful cold weather... (Oh and it has a big volcano named "el nevado de toluca" that has a beautiful view!)

nevado-de-toluca-panoramica.jpg

this is the "cosmovitral" which is a botanic gallery in a building covered of stained glass

cosmovitral.jpg

img2.png

As a curiosity, Mexico has 32 sites designated (27 Cultural Heritage and 5 as Natural Heritage) by the UNESCO

So this are some of my favorite spots in my country. I hope this post helps you to know Mexico a little bit. Sorry for the long post, but I felt like it wouldn't have case without pics!! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the tour and the beautiful pictures. Husband and I have vacationed near Cancun, about 8 years ago, and we had an amazing time. Husband also visits Monterey often for business. I keep urging him to learn Spanish, but so far all he can say is "Una cerveza, por favor."

I would lim

ke to explore Mexico further.

Thank you for the tour and the beautiful pictures. Husband and I have vacationed near Cancun, about 8 years ago, and we had an amazing time. Husband also visits Monterey often for business. I keep urging him to learn Spanish, but so far all he can say is "Una cerveza, por favor."

I would lim

ke to explore Mexico further.

hahahaha well, you can go far with "una cerveza por favor" specially when you go to Monterrey, it is so hot there!

Mexico welcomes you with arms wide open anytime! let me know if you come one day!!:huglove:

:shocked:

But where are the deserts and cactus and men in sombreros with droopy moustaches :tears:

Indeed :naughty:

Thank you Paty, these cities look beautiful! I wish I could go there. Someday. At least I already know how to ask for a beer, thanks to Chris, so I'm halfway there, aren't I? :beer:

But where are the deserts and cactus and men in sombreros with droopy moustaches :tears:

:teehee:

Seriously - that all looks beautiful :thumb_yello: And full of variety :thumb_yello: thank you for posting :huglove:

Hahaha :D no problem! And I guess you found the perfect word for Mexico: variety is the key of the country!

Indeed :naughty:

Thank you Paty, these cities look beautiful! I wish I could go there. Someday. At least I already know how to ask for a beer, thanks to Chris, so I'm halfway there, aren't I? :beer:

Well you can come anytime! The beers are on me!

In the movies :naughty:

But maybe I find me walking in Mexico someday and see a man with a big droopy moustache... idk, if it happens then I want to touch it :teehee:

In the movies :naughty:

But maybe I find me walking in Mexico someday and see a man with a big droopy moustache... idk, if it happens then I want to touch it :teehee:

hahaha my dad uses mustache (but not a big droopy one as you imagine) since the age 17! I guess I find mustaches pretty normal...

You want to ruin yourself! :naughty::drink_nl:

hahaha well you must control yourself!!! anyway! I'd love to drink a couple of beers with you!

hahaha my dad uses mustache (but not a big droopy one as you imagine) since the age 17! I guess I find mustaches pretty normal...

hahaha well you must control yourself!!! anyway! I'd love to drink a couple of beers with you!

:naughty:

I'd love to :wink2: