Symphony gig New to Mika?

kat75

Since many of you have been to Mika's concerts in the past I was just curious if this Montreal gig will be his first one with a Symphony Orchestra? Will this be just like any other concert with screaming fans and such or do you guys/gals think it'll be more of a prim & proper affair? Will photography be allowed? Will we be sitting or standing throughout most of the concert? How long are Mika's typical concerts?

I suppose we won't know some of this for sure till we're there, I was just wondering what people have experienced during his past concerts.

Thank you all.

Kat.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's had string players with him on stage, but yes, it's the first gig with a symphony orchestra. :wub2: What the fans will be like, I have no idea... I just hope they'll behave and stay at their places, and won't disturb the atmosphere by screaming. But I don't know what the Montreal crowd in general is like, and then ofc it can be different every night, it all depends on the people. :dunno:

About staying seated or standing up, I think we'll see... not sure if there was any (regular) Mika gig so far where people stayed seated all of the time (anyway none of those I've been to or saw videos of...). I remember the acoustic tour, for the first few songs of the gig people stayed seated, but then for the faster songs, Mika motioned us to get up, so of course we did. :teehee: I'll just see what he wants us to do and what everyone else does, surely won't be the first to stand up, but I also think it'd be a shame to stay seated for powerful songs like Love Today. But maybe if a slow song follows, we can sit down again, surely that would be nice for those fans who can't stand for so long. Anyway, I think it'll be a question of the atmosphere Mika creates, and I'm sure he can do it the way he wants it to be - if he wants us to stand, he'll make sure we do, and if he wants us to stay seated, he'll manage that too. :wink2:

Also no idea about cameras... guess IF it's filmed for a DVD, cameras won't be allowed, as the camera screen lights would disturb the recording.

The typical Mika gig is about 1-1,5 hours.

Since we already have a thread for "travel plans and gig discussion"

(and 3 gig threads :teehee:)

it's best to close this one and continue over there... as it will get too confusing with so many threads opened.

Please continue this conversation here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29592

I've moved your posts there :)

Edited by guylainem123