Hello Fellow Mika fans!

MikaSuave

Hi Dee. My name is Karin (pronounced car-in as in car in the garage :wink2:). Thanks for the warm welcome, and I'm happy to be one of Mika's US-based fans. As unbelievable as it is, Montreal was my first Mika gig. I own his concert DVDs, so I know he's awesome live, and Montreal was just unbelievable!! I also know that he's performed in Philly before, but there were always major reasons that prevented me from attending. When he came here in 2009, I was 9 months pregnant with my youngest, and there was a major family tragedy in 2013. But I ASSURE YOU, IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!! We plan to attend at least every show in the DC, Philly, New Jersey and NY area and would even consider a show in Europe if timing allows. Next time, I want to be sure I meet up with the MFC though!

That leads me to my question for you: Are there any special requirements to be included in MFC gatherings, meet and greets, etc.? I'm really bummed that I missed out on that in Montreal. :doh:

Also, curious to know how the Union Transfer was as a venue. Have not seen any concerts there yet.

Seeing Mika on video just can't compare to seeing him live in person, can it? Sorry to hear you missed Mika's previous gigs in Philly. The good thing about being on the East Coast is that he usually does a few shows there so you could go to more than one to make up for lost time.

Regarding meet & greets with Mika, just make sure you RSVP in the before the show thread for the gigs you're attending in case. It might also help to make yourself known to some other MFCers when you're there. Sorry you missed the one in Montreal :(

MFC fan meetups are usually organized in the gig threads too, or maybe in a special thread like in the case of the big Montreal one, so just pay attention to the forum & you should be fine. Perhaps we'll meet each other at one some day :D

Union Transfer was a really nice venue, i'd never been to a gig there before. Usually in venues its so hot & but this one wasnt and it was so clean compared to The Trocadero or the TLA :teehee:

handy forum tip: i noticed you've replied to all of us one by one. you can use the "MQ" button (next to the "quote" button at the botton of every post) to reply to more than one person at once, it's a bit easier than doing it one at a time.

Edited by kreacher

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing Mika on video just can't compare to seeing him live in person, can it? Sorry to hear you missed Mika's previous gigs in Philly. The good thing about being on the East Coast is that he usually does a few shows there so you could go to more than one to make up for lost time.

Regarding meet & greets with Mika, just make sure you RSVP in the before the show thread for the gigs you're attending in case. It might also help to make yourself known to some other MFCers when you're there. Sorry you missed the one in Montreal :(

MFC fan meetups are usually organized in the gig threads too, or maybe in a special thread like in the case of the big Montreal one, so just pay attention to the forum & you should be fine. Perhaps we'll meet each other at one some day :D

Union Transfer was a really nice venue, i'd never been to a gig there before. Usually in venues its so hot & but this one wasnt and it was so clean compared to The Trocadero or the TLA :teehee:

handy forum tip: i noticed you've replied to all of us one by one. you can use the "MQ" button (next to the "quote" button at the botton of every post) to reply to more than one person at once, it's a bit easier than doing it one at a time.

You are absolutely right: As good as the concert recordings are, there is no substitute for being there. You just have to see and hear it for yourself to believe it. My brother-in-law, who was not a fan before Montreal (does not like pop music in general) and only came along because he didn't want to be left behind, was totally converted by Mika's performance. Now he wants to see more shows and is always quoting Mika lyrics. Love it. :)

Thanks for the feedback on the Union Transfer and the other tips. Will definitely use the MQ feature going forward and will participate in the other threads. If only there were more hours in the day...

Thanks for your support, and hope to meet you and other MFC-ers someday soon.

You are absolutely right: As good as the concert recordings are, there is no substitute for being there. You just have to see and hear it for yourself to believe it. My brother-in-law, who was not a fan before Montreal (does not like pop music in general) and only came along because he didn't want to be left behind, was totally converted by Mika's performance. Now he wants to see more shows and is always quoting Mika lyrics. Love it. :)

Thanks for the feedback on the Union Transfer and the other tips. Will definitely use the MQ feature going forward and will participate in the other threads. If only there were more hours in the day...

Thanks for your support, and hope to meet you and other MFC-ers someday soon.

Yaaaay i love hearing stories about ppl who weren't Mika fans until they saw him live :clap: