Hello Fellow Mika fans!

MikaSuave

Hello all. I'm a long-time Mika fan (since 2007) who just recently joined this site. This is my very first post here. "Guess I'm a little bit shy!" :teehee:

Mika has reinvigorated my enthusiasm for music from the first time I heard him, and I think he's a stellar human being as well. The fact that he's absolutely adorable (:wub2:) doesn't hurt either, but it's actually more important for me that I can truly admire the artist behind the music. And I do!

Having just returned from Montreal, where we saw the AMAZING concerts #2 and #3, our level of fandom has reached new heights! I say "our level" because I've converted my entire family into Mika fans. My hubby and kids love Mika almost as much as I do, and his music and lyrics are a constant presence in our household. I've also converted members of my extended family, so Mika's fan base in Philly is growing quickly! Working on my work colleagues next. :naughty:

I'm a Swiss national living in the US (Philadelphia area), so feel free to chat with me in English, German, Schwiizerduetsch, or French.

XX to all Mika fans from MikaSuave

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all. I'm a long-time Mika fan (since 2007) who just recently joined this site. This is my very first post here. "Guess I'm a little bit shy!" :teehee:

Mika has reinvigorated my enthusiasm for music from the first time I heard him, and I think he's a stellar human being as well. The fact that he's absolutely adorable (:wub2:) doesn't hurt either, but it's actually more important for me that I can truly admire the artist behind the music. And I do!

Having just returned from Montreal, where we saw the AMAZING concerts #2 and #3, our level of fandom has reached new heights! I say "our level" because I've converted my entire family into Mika fans. My hubby and kids love Mika almost as much as I do, and his music and lyrics are a constant presence in our household. I've also converted members of my extended family, so Mika's fan base in Philly is growing quickly! Working on my work colleagues next. :naughty:

I'm a Swiss national living in the US (Philadelphia area), so feel free to chat with me in English, German, Schwiizerduetsch, or French.

Hi! I was in Montreal too, I wonder if we saw each other!

Longtimer who just lurked for years here myself. Isn't it great when you can live with someone who gets your Mika Mania? My oldest is the one most into him, my middle one not at all, and the youngest feigns disinterest, but she has stolen one of my Mika tees to wear to school more than once, so I think we have a hidden fan here...

I'm on the west coast, two states over California, but it's nice to see people in the US, even if you're not from here.

Welcome!

Hi there! Yay a new fan from the USA! Awesome you saw him in montreal, it was stunning wasnt it? :mikalove: Congrats on converting your family :kachinga:

Did you ever see Mika in Philly? My sister lives there so i've been then many times & saw him there in 2013.

I'm Dee btw and i'm a world rep for the USA. Please pop by the usa thread

and chat sometime. If you need any thing or have any questions i'm here to help. :bye:

Edited by kreacher

How cool that your whole family loves Mika :wub2:

Welcome to MFC Mikasuave :huglove: and have a very good time here :mikalove:

Hello!

Was just telling a friend how much I would want to relive that extraordinary adventure that was Mika's shows with OSM.

We were lucky it happened in our backyard, but it's hard to see everyone going back home...

Glad you could be part of it.

Welcome aboard!

:bye: MikaSuave, nice to have you here! :huglove:

It's very nice that all your family are mikaddict:thumb_yello:, and glad to know there're more mikafans in US~ I'm a Chinese national studying in Iowa, a bit far away for Philly, no one around me really know MIKA :doh:.

That's really impressive that you speak four languages!

Welcome, and have a lot fun here!

Hello to the MFC !

I'm shy too, I'm not alone :teehee:

It's beautifil that the whole family love/listen the same artist. Finally, you're like Mika, you can speak many languages :naughty:

You are definitely not alone. :)

It IS a beautiful thing that we all love Mika now, but it wasn't always that way. It took some convincing, and I didn't succeed until this summer. Before that, it was a constantly argument about what music to listen to. You could say that Mika brought us closer together.

Your drawings are very nice. I visited your Facebook page. Keep up the good work!

Hi! I was in Montreal too, I wonder if we saw each other!

Longtimer who just lurked for years here myself. Isn't it great when you can live with someone who gets your Mika Mania? My oldest is the one most into him, my middle one not at all, and the youngest feigns disinterest, but she has stolen one of my Mika tees to wear to school more than once, so I think we have a hidden fan here...

I'm on the west coast, two states over California, but it's nice to see people in the US, even if you're not from here.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. I do wonder if we saw each other in Montreal. If you noticed a tall blonde donning a Mika T-Shirt, red Mika Scarf, 12 Mika pins, and a Mika bag, that was probably me! :naughty: I do know I saw Fortune and Yasmine during intermission on day 2, and I even managed to snap a pic. Very cool.

While I was born an raised in Switzerland and maintain my Swiss citizenship, I have lived in the US pretty much all my adult life (loooong time), so you can at least count me as an honorary American fan.

Hi there! Yay a new fan from the USA! Awesome you saw him in montreal, it was stunning wasnt it? :mikalove: Congrats on converting your family :kachinga:

Did you ever see Mika in Philly? My sister lives there so i've been then many times & saw him there in 2013.

I'm Dee btw and i'm a world rep for the USA. Please pop by the usa thread

and chat sometime. If you need any thing or have any questions i'm here to help. :bye:

Hi Dee. My name is Karin (pronounced car-in as in car in the garage :wink2:). Thanks for the warm welcome, and I'm happy to be one of Mika's US-based fans. As unbelievable as it is, Montreal was my first Mika gig. I own his concert DVDs, so I know he's awesome live, and Montreal was just unbelievable!! I also know that he's performed in Philly before, but there were always major reasons that prevented me from attending. When he came here in 2009, I was 9 months pregnant with my youngest, and there was a major family tragedy in 2013. But I ASSURE YOU, IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!! We plan to attend at least every show in the DC, Philly, New Jersey and NY area and would even consider a show in Europe if timing allows. Next time, I want to be sure I meet up with the MFC though!

That leads me to my question for you: Are there any special requirements to be included in MFC gatherings, meet and greets, etc.? I'm really bummed that I missed out on that in Montreal. :doh:

Also, curious to know how the Union Transfer was as a venue. Have not seen any concerts there yet.

Hi and welcome! have fun, enjoy Mika and his music! :bye:

Hi there. Thanks for the welcome, and I see you're from Barcelona. Such a beautiful city! I've spent quite a few vacations at the Costa Brava in my youth. Lovely place and lovely folks.

Hello!

Was just telling a friend how much I would want to relive that extraordinary adventure that was Mika's shows with OSM.

We were lucky it happened in our backyard, but it's hard to see everyone going back home...

Glad you could be part of it.

Welcome aboard!

I'm so happy we made the 8 hour drive to Montreal. The performances were magical, and I'm elated that they will be released on DVD!

Despite the crazy cold we experienced in Montreal, I have to say you live in a really beautiful city. Everyone was so friendly, and we all agreed that we will definitely come back for a longer stay. IN THE SUMMER through! :mf_rosetinted:

:bye: MikaSuave, nice to have you here! :huglove:

It's very nice that all your family are mikaddict:thumb_yello:, and glad to know there're more mikafans in US~ I'm a Chinese national studying in Iowa, a bit far away for Philly, no one around me really know MIKA :doh:.

That's really impressive that you speak four languages!

Welcome, and have a lot fun here!

Hi and thank you. How cool that you came all the way from China to study here. I hope Iowa is treating you well. If not, come to Philly! :)

I really never run into anyone here who knows Mika either, except for those I've converted myself. Working on my influencing skills so I can convert even more. He he :naughty: