Mika to Perform in Central Park, NYC for Good Morning America!

dcdeb

ha! well, that should be fun! Hopefully the weather will be on your side! :pray:

Ack! I didn't even think about the possibility of bad weather! :doh:

Well, I suppose Mika will be worth it, even if I get rained on. Besides it won't be the first time that I've been drenched waiting for Mika :naughty: 

• Like 2

Ack! I didn't even think about the possibility of bad weather! :doh:

Well, I suppose Mika will be worth it, even if I get rained on. Besides it won't be the first time that I've been drenched waiting for Mika :naughty:

I will do my best to make it, and I'm not worried about the weather at all.  My daughter wants to go as well. Sooo want to be there to support MIKA!  Schedule is a bit tough because we are hosting a big family reunion on the 4th and then driving to Montreal for the concert on the 5th.  We are insane, but what the heck...    

• Like 1

I was going to go to this but unfortunately things fell apart due to my travel companion having conflicting plans that weekend (and I'm not up for a crazy overnight to NYC on my own, nor can I afford it, I was counting on splitting the cost, broke college student and all that). I was devastated at first, but after reflection I'm okay with waiting for an actual concert. (I'm okay with not having to get up before the sun too, not gonna lie  :wink2: ) Now I'm kinda like, eh, I've waited over 2 years, I can wait a bit longer for something at a later time with more songs...HOWEVER, I do wish everyone who's going an AMAZING time. Not saying Mika isn't worth it, but for me I'm at peace with how things have transpired regarding my trip. There is a part of me that's bummed that it looks like yet again I won't be seeing him this year, but I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's experience! Truly, I hope it's awesome and the weather is pleasant for all who attend  :hug:

Does anyone know if there is a possibility we can meet Mika after a show like this? (I would've posted this in the calendar section comments but I cant seem to figure out how). Also I would love to meet some other fans who are attending!! I'm bringing a couple friends and my sister but I need other people who can match my "crazy" hehe :) Thanks

I will do my best to make it, and I'm not worried about the weather at all.  My daughter wants to go as well. Sooo want to be there to support MIKA!  Schedule is a bit tough because we are hosting a big family reunion on the 4th and then driving to Montreal for the concert on the 5th.  We are insane, but what the heck...    

MikaSuave wore me down, and I caved.  We're going! :thumb_yello:

:yay: I'm so excited to see you two again! So are you going to drive up early in the morning or will you come the night before? I'm going up on Thursday and I'm thinking all of the MFCers in town could get together for dinner or drinks the night before? Anyone interested?

I was going to go to this but unfortunately things fell apart due to my travel companion having conflicting plans that weekend (and I'm not up for a crazy overnight to NYC on my own, nor can I afford it, I was counting on splitting the cost, broke college student and all that). I was devastated at first, but after reflection I'm okay with waiting for an actual concert. (I'm okay with not having to get up before the sun too, not gonna lie  :wink2: ) Now I'm kinda like, eh, I've waited over 2 years, I can wait a bit longer for something at a later time with more songs...HOWEVER, I do wish everyone who's going an AMAZING time. Not saying Mika isn't worth it, but for me I'm at peace with how things have transpired regarding my trip. There is a part of me that's bummed that it looks like yet again I won't be seeing him this year, but I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's experience! Truly, I hope it's awesome and the weather is pleasant for all who attend  :hug:

Oh, what a shame. :sad: Have you not seen Mika in person before? I can't remember, sorry.  This probably will be just a very short show, and I wasn't planning to go originally, either. But Mika is so seldom on US TV, I wanted to be there to support him. Wish you could have worked it out. I would have loved to meet you. You know what we say, though: There's always a 'next time.' Hang in there! :thumb_yello:

Does anyone know if there is a possibility we can meet Mika after a show like this? (I would've posted this in the calendar section comments but I cant seem to figure out how). Also I would love to meet some other fans who are attending!! I'm bringing a couple friends and my sister but I need other people who can match my "crazy" hehe :) Thanks

Oh, great!  As I said above, I'll be in NYC the night before and would love to have dinner or get together to say hi in advance!

As for meeting Mika afterward... well, you never know. I'm sure his schedule is going to be tight since he has to go directly to Montreal for the show the next day.

But there's always that possibility that we'll get a minute or two with him.  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I just saw the preview ad on Instagram for the GMA appearance. So excited to see it. It's amazing exposure for. I'll even get up early to watch! I hope everyone there has a wonderful time and he makes tons of new fans!

Getting really excited for the GMA show.  :cheer: Wonder which songs he'll choose for such a short set. I'm guessing Popular Song, Love Today, and Talk About You.  Or Grace Kelly? So the most recognizable songs for US audiences while also promoting the new album. Thoughts?  

Also really looking forward to reuniting with MFC members.  I had so much fun with that in NYC!  :mika3:  

:yay: I'm so excited to see you two again! So are you going to drive up early in the morning or will you come the night before? I'm going up on Thursday and I'm thinking all of the MFCers in town could get together for dinner or drinks the night before? Anyone interested?

Oh, what a shame. :sad: Have you not seen Mika in person before? I can't remember, sorry.  This probably will be just a very short show, and I wasn't planning to go originally, either. But Mika is so seldom on US TV, I wanted to be there to support him. Wish you could have worked it out. I would have loved to meet you. You know what we say, though: There's always a 'next time.' Hang in there! :thumb_yello:

Oh, great!  As I said above, I'll be in NYC the night before and would love to have dinner or get together to say hi in advance!

As for meeting Mika afterward... well, you never know. I'm sure his schedule is going to be tight since he has to go directly to Montreal for the show the next day.

But there's always that possibility that we'll get a minute or two with him.  :thumb_yello:

Thank you Deb for your sweet reply! :wub:  I have actually seen him before at the Sixth and I show, what an experience that was, were you at that show too? I seem to remember you were, hard for anything to beat that one for me it was a pretty perfect first gig  :) I am sad I won't be there to support him, even if it's a short show it feels like it's been AGES so I was excited about any chance to see him lol but it's ok and I'm glad to know there will be people like you and others there to give him some love. It would be fabulous to meet you as well! Hopefully another opportunity will come around soon! Until then, I hope you and everyone else has a really fun time! I wish you luck for being up at that crazy early hour as well (although I'm sure it'll be worth it)  :wink2:

P. S - I'm not sure how to quote just one reply so I would have only quoted the one to me 

Posted on Mika's FB today:

ARRIVAL INFO
Guests should arrive at Rumsey Playfield in New York City's Central Park. The best way to enter Rumsey Playfield, also known as Central Park Summerstage, is at 5th Avenue and 72nd Street. As you enter the park, please follow the sidewalk on the North side of the street.
Fans start to be let into the venue at 6am. The show airs from 7-9am. The concert itself will start around 8.30am and Mika will perform a short set. The event ends at 9am and the audience can make there way home or to work

I'm hoping we can all meet somewhere the night before for dinner or a drink or something, and then set a meeting point for the following morning.

I'm trying to find out if they will hold a space for us near the front of the stage, since we're the "fan club." I mean, I can be there by 6 a.m. but I don't want to have to camp out overnight to be near the front of the stage!

Getting really excited for the GMA show.  :cheer: Wonder which songs he'll choose for such a short set. I'm guessing Popular Song, Love Today, and Talk About You.  Or Grace Kelly? So the most recognizable songs for US audiences while also promoting the new album. Thoughts?  

Also really looking forward to reuniting with MFC members.  I had so much fun with that in NYC!  :mika3:  

I was thinking about his set myself. I think your first 3 choices would be a good bet. Maybe swap Grace Kelly for Love Today...

And I'm very excited, too!

Thank you Deb for your sweet reply! :wub:  I have actually seen him before at the Sixth and I show, what an experience that was, were you at that show too? I seem to remember you were, hard for anything to beat that one for me it was a pretty perfect first gig  :) I am sad I won't be there to support him, even if it's a short show it feels like it's been AGES so I was excited about any chance to see him lol but it's ok and I'm glad to know there will be people like you and others there to give him some love. It would be fabulous to meet you as well! Hopefully another opportunity will come around soon! Until then, I hope you and everyone else has a really fun time! I wish you luck for being up at that crazy early hour as well (although I'm sure it'll be worth it)  :wink2:

P. S - I'm not sure how to quote just one reply so I would have only quoted the one to me 

:doh: Now that you mention Sixth & I, I remember reading that you had been there. Sorry. :old: brain.

I just found a video from Adam Lambert's appearance last week -- someone recorded the entire half-hour, so we should be able to video this show. Plus we'll be taking lots of photos!

FTR, Adam sang 3 songs, two from the new album, and one "hit" from the past. Perhaps Mika will do the same, then, which wouldn't be so bad.

Does anyone want to throw out ideas for where to meet for dinner the night before? Somewhere around Times Square maybe?

Posted on Mika's FB today:

ARRIVAL INFO

Guests should arrive at Rumsey Playfield in New York City's Central Park. The best way to enter Rumsey Playfield, also known as Central Park Summerstage, is at 5th Avenue and 72nd Street. As you enter the park, please follow the sidewalk on the North side of the street.

Fans start to be let into the venue at 6am. The show airs from 7-9am. The concert itself will start around 8.30am and Mika will perform a short set. The event ends at 9am and the audience can make there way home or to work

I'm hoping we can all meet somewhere the night before for dinner or a drink or something, and then set a meeting point for the following morning.

I'm trying to find out if they will hold a space for us near the front of the stage, since we're the "fan club." I mean, I can be there by 6 a.m. but I don't want to have to camp out overnight to be near the front of the stage!

I was thinking about his set myself. I think your first 3 choices would be a good bet. Maybe swap Grace Kelly for Love Today...

And I'm very excited, too!

:doh: Now that you mention Sixth & I, I remember reading that you had been there. Sorry. :old: brain.

No worries, I may be young but it doesn't stop my brain from going a bit  :grandma: sometimes as well  :lol: 

plus I'm not on here that much so I wasn't expecting you to remember

Thanks for posting the arrival info, Deb!  Definitely no tickets required for this show, right? Looks like some of the GMA shows require them, and I'm just triple-checking as I don't want to take any chances!! Would be awesome to have designated fan club spots,.  We are fully prepared to be there around 5:15 or so, but not sleeping out though. :bed: .

With regard to the get-together, we are driving up after work on Thursday, so we could be in NYC for a late-ish bite or some drinks. We do have our 12-year old daughter with us, though, so can't go to a seedy bar.  :naughty:  We're staying on the south edge of the park, so somewhere between Times Square and the park would be good for us...not that everyone has to make plans around us.  I don't have any specific suggestions right now, but let me surf a bit and see what's there...

Dang... I'll be driving through New York on my way to DC while everyone's waiting for this show! If we get stuck in NYC traffic, I'll try to make a mad dash for the Park :)

So exciting though! I bet it'll be "Talk About You," maybe "Good Guys" if he plays two new songs because the video just came out... but probably some older ones.

Maybe Mika will play Lollipop bc it was in the recent Pitch perfect2 movie? Like Jesse J sang her PP2 song flashlight?

I am very interested in a little get-together! It'll be my first time in NY, we are staying near Central Park near the Met. I do have late dinner reservations but can meet before or after!

Maybe Mika will play Lollipop bc it was in the recent Pitch perfect2 movie? Like Jesse J sang her PP2 song flashlight?

I am very interested in a little get-together! It'll be my first time in NY, we are staying near Central Park near the Met. I do have late dinner reservations but can meet before or after!

Good thinking...Lollipop is definitely a contender because of PP2.  Hope to meet you in NYC.  

Having trouble finding a great place for a meeting. One suggestion is Sarabeths Central Park South.  Looks like they can handle small groups and have availability on Thursday (according to Open Table). Reasonable prices, decent wine, not too loud... Totally open to other suggestions.  

Hi!

I'm in holiday here in New York and Friday is my last day, because in the afternoon I have the flight for Italy.

I would ask you how the meet-up with Mika will be organized?

It will be my first meet-up with him and I would like to know more details.

Thank you for help :)

Katia

Thanks for posting the arrival info, Deb!  Definitely no tickets required for this show, right? Looks like some of the GMA shows require them, and I'm just triple-checking as I don't want to take any chances!! Would be awesome to have designated fan club spots,.  We are fully prepared to be there around 5:15 or so, but not sleeping out though. :bed: .

With regard to the get-together, we are driving up after work on Thursday, so we could be in NYC for a late-ish bite or some drinks. We do have our 12-year old daughter with us, though, so can't go to a seedy bar.  :naughty:  We're staying on the south edge of the park, so somewhere between Times Square and the park would be good for us...not that everyone has to make plans around us.  I don't have any specific suggestions right now, but let me surf a bit and see what's there...

No, no tickets for this show -- people like Ed Sheeran required tickets, but not Mika.

I'm staying in the same area as you are, so somewhere around there makes sense for me, too, but I also know how to take a cab. ;)

My husband just stayed in the same area a few weeks ago, and he's suggested a restaurant called Mozzarella e Vino:

http://mozzarellaevino.com/

Says they're very casual, not too expensive -- he didn't have reservations, but if we have a bigger group, it might be a good idea to call ahead.

I'll take a look at Sarabeths, too -- I haven't heard of them before.

Anyone else interested?

does anyone have any idea how that meet and greet would work (like where would be the best place to try and meet him)?!

its just that i would (of course) love to meet him and ive never been to one of his concerts before and i hate to miss out on stuff :blush-anim-cl:

also what time were people planning on lining up (i know the park opens at 6)

Ahh!! This is going to be my friend and my very first Mika show and we are so extremely excited. The only problem is that we won't be getting into the city until 5:20am. Then it's around a 30 minute journey to the park from the bus station. I'm really hoping we'll get there early enough to still be able to see! I've been a fan for 3 years now and have wanted to see him live ever since I heard Elle me Dit in french class

does anyone have any idea how that meet and greet would work (like where would be the best place to try and meet him)?!

its just that i would (of course) love to meet him and ive never been to one of his concerts before and i hate to miss out on stuff :blush-anim-cl:

also what time were people planning on lining up (i know the park opens at 6)

In a regular venue, it's fairly easy -- Mika will come out at the artist's entrance after the show is over. This is an entirely different thing so I have no idea how this is going to work. I've been talking to his team, hoping that we might work something out so that we can meet him afterwards. All I can say is if I find out anything for sure, I'll try to post here, or if you follow me on Twitter, I'll try to DM you.

Not sure when I'm going to get there, but probably before 6. I hope to know by tomorrow if there will be a special area set aside for us as the MFC. :crossed:

Ahh!! This is going to be my friend and my very first Mika show and we are so extremely excited. The only problem is that we won't be getting into the city until 5:20am. Then it's around a 30 minute journey to the park from the bus station. I'm really hoping we'll get there early enough to still be able to see! I've been a fan for 3 years now and have wanted to see him live ever since I heard Elle me Dit in french class

If everything's on time for you, you should be fine. It's hard to say for sure how big of a crowd Mika is going to draw for this. Please look for me when you get there. And please check here tomorrow (Wednesday) as I'll be posting here as I get more details as to what's happening.