2015 - Mika@Brussels Belgium Forest National - 23 September: REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Hellooo!

I found the time to upload my videos, but there's not that much...

Queuing 

Underwater (with the lights off)

Boum Boum Boum (aka Butt shaking :mikadas:  )

Mika's talking before Grace Kelly (which I didn't understand a word of...  :naughty: )

• Like 2

(If I remember well) he leaves the stage after Origin of Love and enters again through the gate to start Relax.  :thumb_yello:

Correct me if I'm wrong.  :teehee:

Hi, DutchAnnie,

Thanks for the useful info! :thumb_yello:

It seems that KABUKI or Kabuki Drop is a jargon used among staging professionals..

A kind of staging techniques.

He didn't use drapes or curtains, but the beautiful gate.

http://www.stagingconnections.com/events/what-is-a-kabuki-drop-and-what-events-are-they-best-used-on

Maybe he aimed at a dramatic impact on starting Relax by appearing on the stage from the centre gate.

NaoMika☆

• Like 1

Hi, DutchAnnie,

Thanks for the useful info! :thumb_yello:

It seems that KABUKI or Kabuki Drop is a jargon used among staging professionals..

A kind of staging techniques.

He didn't use drapes or curtains, but the beautiful gate.

http://www.stagingconnections.com/events/what-is-a-kabuki-drop-and-what-events-are-they-best-used-on

Maybe he aimed at a dramatic impact on starting Relax by appearing on the stage from the centre gate.

NaoMika☆

He does use a curtain to hide the decor, probably it means they have to let the curtain drop after Origin of Love. If I remember right it was just before Relax the decor-setting shows?

• Like 1

So here is my report of the gig.

At the begining, for me it was hectic but in the end,  the day was perfect!

In the morning it was raining, we were waiting in the underground car park of the neighboring store.

Then we went out in the rain, the wind and the cold. We therefore settled down in a café and ordered something warm.

Finally, Angel, Melissa, Nath and I remained a long time in the restaurant, they played Mika the whole time! When we decided to see what the queue looked like it wasn't raining anymore.

We walked around the venue and found the stage trucks.

When I was walking back after having put my bagpack in the car, I met Mika's driver who  was walking Amira and Melachi. I politely asked if I could say hello to the girls but the answer was not very positive ... I caressed Amira, she was sweet and curious.

I had to withdraw my tickets at a counter, the others had a printed ticket with a barcode. After having asked the "boss" of the place, we hadn't had any further information,  I'd even pick up the ticket and get back in the other queue (losing my place) but this was not the gentleman's business.

Finally, we saw that someone was preparing the queue for the "no ticket entrance" at the door just next to the one where we were told to wait. They opened our door before the general admission door. I was the fourth to enter the room. I ended up first row with the venue almost all to myself for a minute!

First part: Citizens, we begin to know a little bit their songs so we sang with them a little ^^

Then Mika came on stage before his caravan.

He started his show with No Place In Heaven and Big Girls, the audience was great and returned a lot of energy.

Then came Good Wife and Grace Kelly.

After we had Boumboum. Mika put boxing gloves to make Brahim Asloum. He must not love it that much, it is the beginning of the shows and he already threw them in the audience.

He then sang Talk About You for which we were wearing cute  animal masks like in the video clip.

Mika went on with Good Guys and Origin Of Love.

This is when I got some issues with my camera  so no photos of Origin or Relax .... no pictures of the opening of the Paradise gates either (Kabuki on the set-list).

I get it back after changing memory cards and batteries 3 times.

Mika sang Promiseland, Staring At The Sun and Underwater.

He had some issues with his earpieces that didn't work anymore, he must change them during the concert.

He then sang L'Amour fait ce qu'il veut, Rain, Elle me dit and Happy Ending.

Mika fell for the flowers in the hair of a friend of mine and stole them to put them on his head. He kept the flowers on his head the whole time until the end of the show ... cute ...

Then, he settled on his beach lounger with his famous cocktail that will be given to the poor lady (and autographed with "thank you for the flowers," she will never see them again ^^).

The end of the concert flew with Golden and Love Today.

Mika took a curtain call with Last Party and Lollipop (on which he invited Job Smeets, the famous designer of the decors, to come on stage and play percussions. Asked by a  friendly "come on this ####ing stage!" of the Boss. He was a little bit lost on stage)

It was a great show, Mika was wonderful, energetic and the audience was super responsive and participative, TOP!

We went outside to await for the Boss calmly and on a line so that he could stop and sign (without talking too much).

• Like 2

He does use a curtain to hide the decor, probably it means they have to let the curtain drop after Origin of Love. If I remember right it was just before Relax the decor-setting shows?

Hi, Froy,

Thanks for the another helpful info! :thumb_yello:

Oh, did he use curtains? It sounds more dramatic!

It seems that the curtain played an important role in bridging the two songs.

Anyway, I will see for myself soon. 12days before Limoges gig.. :wub:  

I'm looking forward to seeing KABUKI drop!

All the Best!

NaoMika☆

Yeah, we were waiting 'till the beautiful decor would appear, 'cause at first there was only the caravan and we were giving up our hopes and had the horrible thought he got rid of the decor. But the curtain dropped haha :D Have a great time! ;-) 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • silver changed the title to 2015 - Mika@Brussels Belgium Forest National - 23 September: REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS