sarik31

I really love them .

Why

1) they thanked Mika and all of us for the support during the tour

2) they were and are  so nice and caring of all of us

3) they are a great band

4) I have bought the tickets for the show in Paris

:)

Yay! A thread for them! I only met them once but I agree they're good guys and good musicians. After the concert in Florence, Sarah and I were having a chat with two friends of hers outside of the Mandela forum when one guy from the Citizens! approached us to ask whether we knew a bar nearby, we told him there was one still open right around the corner and when he came back with the full band, they asked us if we wanted to join them, so we did. They were really sweet and nice to us. We got in the bar, they offered to pay for our drinks and while some of them mostly chatted by themselves, Tom (the singer) and Lawrence (the guitarist/keyboardist) spent the whole time talking to us. They asked us if we were part of an official fan club and asked about Mika. They never talked about themselves and wanted to know about him and about us, which surprised me a lot. I told them about the poster accident happend in August and how that concert had a different meaning for him and that was probably why he decided to sing Over My Shoulder in the end, we talked a bit about the Subtitling Team and Tom told us we're really dedicated fans and I had the impression he was a bit sorry they don't have the same fandom here, because he soon after told me they love Italy and would love to come back here with their own tour but they're afraid they're not known enough here to sell. We had a chat about random things and even laughed a bit. We talked about music, soccer, food, languages and many other things and when we left at 2 am, they hugged and kissed us, asked us if we had a place to stay overnight and told us to stay safe. They thanked us for being so friendly and told us Mika fans are an amazing big family.  I really had a great time, I kept speaking and speaking and speaking and I was so sad we had to leave in the end. I also think the show didn't really do justice to their songs, maybe the audio wasn't very good, because when I listened to them at home I was surprised by how good they actually are.

• Like 1

I though Citizens! were one of the best support acts that Mika has had, but at the Adelphi they were let down by the sound balance (far far too much bass) so it was hard to hear them properly.

I though Citizens! were one of the best support acts that Mika has had, but at the Adelphi they were let down by the sound balance (far far too much bass) so it was hard to hear them properly.

I completely agree about the sound balance at The Adelphi, I had no idea what they were singing. I'm going to have a listen to some of their music online though.